The members of Editorial Board of BEL journal are qualified experts in their fields and various key topics observed in the journal. They work at the educational and research institutions and adhere to the Code of Conduct for Journal Editors.
The Editorial Board is reviewed and updated constantly. All inactive members are excluded, and new ones are added. All Members are invited to Editorial Board by an Invitation letter.
Editors-in-Chief and the members of Editorial Board of BEL journal have responsibilities toward the authors who provide the content of the journals, reviewers who comment and give recommendations on the suitability of articles for publication, readers and the scientific community, the owners/publishers of the journals, and the public as a whole.
Editors-in-Chief get the responsibilities and duties across to the members of Editorial Board and keep them updated on changes in the publishing policy of the journal.
If the Editorial Board of BEL journal has any recommendations and ideas regarding the improvement of the editorial policy, Editors-in-Chief should respect all opinions and suggestions.
All researchers can apply to the Editorial Bord of the BEL journal. It is necessary to send an e-mail to a Managing Editor of the journal and attach CV where a candidate has to mention education, affiliation, scientific interest, activity, list of publications, list of the journals in which he/she is an editor or a reviewer, contact e-mail and a link to personal page at the university).
All Editors of BEL are strongly recommended to follow COPE Core practices. They decide which of the articles submitted to the journal will be published. Members of Editorial Board assist in making decision regarding the submitted manuscript.
Editors-in-Chief and the members of Editorial Board should:
- evaluate submitted manuscripts based on its importance, originality, validity, clarity, relevance to the journal’s scope, without regard to the authors’ race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, citizenship, religious belief, political philosophy or institutional affiliation;
- maintain and promote consistent ethical policies and for their journals and support reducing the academic misconduct;
- ensure the confidentiality of the reviewing process and show any information about the article to anyone except the authors, reviewers, and publisher for appropriate reasons;
- work with authors, reviewers, and Editorial Board members to ensure they are sufficiently advised regarding their journals’ ethics and publishing policies;
- promote compliance with the principles of fairness, impartiality and timeliness in the implementation of the publishing policy of journals;
- technical and managing editors should not work with the manuscript if they have a conflict of interest as a result of competitive, joint or other relationships to any of the authors, companies, institutions, related to the manuscript;
- not use unpublished materials disclosed in the submitted papers in own research without written consent of authors.
Responsibilities of Editors-in-Chief towards members of Editorial Board of BEL journal:
- find the qualified active editorial board members who contribute to the development and good promotion of the journal;
- inform editorial board members about their expected functions and duties, particularly supporting and promoting the journal; seeking out the best authors and actively encouraging submissions; reviewing articles, etc.
- regularly consult editorial board members to take into account their ideas about the management of the journal, its perspectives and promotion tips; inform them of any changes to journal policies, and identify future challenges.
Responsibilities of Editors-in-Chief and the members of Editorial Board of BEL journal towards authors:
- provide instructions to authors for preparing and submitting manuscripts;
- review instructions for authors regularly;
- provide a clear statement of the Journal’s policies on authorship criteria;
- establish a system for effective peer review and ensure that all manuscripts are reviewed by highly qualified reviewers;
- be transparent about real or apparent competing interests, ensure that any conflicts of interest are clearly stated (if not avoided);
- treat all authors with fairness, courtesy, objectivity, honesty, and transparency;
- respect the intellectual property rights of authors;
- ask all contributors to disclose competing interests and publish corrections if there are any competing interests after publication;
- ensure timely publication of accepted manuscripts, timely introduce the authors to all editorial standards and changes in the editorial policy.
Responsibilities of Editors-in-Chief and the members of Editorial Board of BEL journal towards reviewers:
- appoint papers that meet the reviewers’ research interests;
- in case of rejection the invitation, accept it politely and be hopeful of work together in the time coming;
- provide adequate guidance for the reviewers
- fix reviewers an appropriate time to carry out the reviewing procedure;
- respect the opinions of reviewers;
- encourage reviewers to consider ethical and research misconduct issues in the articles submitted to the journal;
- encourage institutions to recognize peer-review process as a part of scholarly activity;
- formulate the base of reviewers and update it from time to time based on their performance;
- exclude those reviewers from the current list who produce poor quality or late reviews;
- find new reviewers using various sources, including personal contacts, any author suggestions, databases, etc.
- follow the COPE principles regarding the peer-review process.
Responsibilities of Editors-in-Chief and the members of Editorial Board of BEL journal towards readers:
- focus on the best articles of high scientific level that will attract readers’ attention;
- ensure that the journal provides information in the correct format for its intended audience (print, online, etc.);
- avoid publishing fraudulent materials and conflict of interest or other ethical problems within the editorial team;
- ensure that its reviewing and acceptance system is unbiased, the journal is published on time, according to its stated schedule;
- guarantee access to the published information.