Tetyana Pimonenko, Ph.D., Senior Lecturer, Economics and Business Administration Department, Sumy State University, Ukraine
Oleg Radchenko, Ph.D., Head of Sumy Regional Branch of JSC “Oschadbank”, Ukraine
Maksim Palienko, Ph.D., University of Insurbia, Como, Italy
The paper deals with analysing the main approaches to evaluate the quality and efficiency of the bank’s mar-keting communications. The approaches to define the bank’s marketing communications were analysed and systematized by the authors. Besides, the authors allocated the main features of the bank’s marketing com-munications in the ongoing Ukrainian economic situation. Moreover, they proposed to use the mathematical method, to identify the efficiency of the bank’s marketing communications. According to that method the efficiency of the bank’s marketing communications could be determined through the evaluation of the in-creasing volume of the services rendered by the bank. This method gives an opportunity to account the time lag between implementation of the bank’s marketing communications and starting of its action. With purpose to verify abovementioned approach, the authors calculated the efficiency of the bank’s marketing communi-cations of the JSC “Oschadbank” (Sumy, Ukraine).
Keywords: bank, communication, efficiency, marketing, motivation.
JEL Classification: G21, M3, B23, C02.
Cite as: Pimonenko, T., Radchenko, O., Palienko, M. (2017). Еfficiency of marketing communications in banks. Business Ethics and Leadership, 1(2), 55-61. Doi: 10.21272/bel.1(2).55-61.2017
- 4A’s – Association of American Advertising Agencies. Retrieved from http://www.aaaa.org/Pages/default.aspx.
- Belch, G.E., Belch, M.A., Kerr, G.F., & Powell, I. (2014). Advertising: An integrated marketing communication perspective. McGraw-Hill Education.
- Chen, Y., Xie, J. (2008). Online consumer review: Word-of-mouth as a new element of marketing communication mix. Management science, 54(3), 477-491.
- Copley, P. (2004). Marketing communications management: concepts, theories, cases and practices.
Jordan Hill, Oxford, 435 p.
- Dahlen, M., Lagne, F., Smith T. (2010). Marketing Communications: a brand narrative approach. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 571 p.
- Finne, Å., Finne, Å., Grönroos, C., & Grönroos, C. (2017). Communication-in-use: customer-integrated marketing communication. European Journal of Marketing, 51(3), 445-463.
- Illyashenko, S. (2011). The problems and perspectives of the market oriented management of innovation development. Sumy: Papirus, 644 p.
- Illyashenko, S. (2012). Marketing at the company. Economics of Enterprises. Sumy: University Book, pp. 528-559.
- Ivchenko, G., Dedvedev, J. (1984). Mathemetical statistics. Moscow: High Shool, 248 p.
- Kotler, F. (2005). Marketing Management. Petersburg: Science, 896 p.
- Lambin, J. (1996). Strategic marketing. European perspectives. Petersburg: Science, 800 p.
- Miller, D. (2008). Retail Marketing − A Branding and Innovation Approach. Tilde University Press, Melbourne, 137 p.
- Montgomery, D., Silk, A. (1972.) Estimating Dynamic Effects of Marketing Communications Expenditures. Management Science, 18(10), 485-501.
- Muthukrishnan, S., Pal, M., Svitkina, Z. (2010). Stochastic Models for Budget Optimization in Search-Based Advertising. Algoritmica, 58, 1022-1044.
- Naik, P., Raman, K. (2003). Understanding the Impact of Synergy in Multimedia Communications. Journal of Marketing Research (JMR), 40(4), 375-388.
- Noritsyna, N. (2003). Marketing communication policy: lectures. Kyiv, 320 p.
- Online advertising effectiveness. Retrieved from http://www.comscore.com/.
- Outdoor: Special Advertising Journal. Retrieved from http://outdoor.ru/
- PricewaterhouseCoopers. Retrieved from http://www.pwc.com/
- Radchenko, O. (2012). Quality standards of bank clients’ services as a factor of bank communication policy efficiency iç creasing. Nauka I Studia, 18(63), 18–23.
- Reid, M. (2005). Performance Auditing of Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) Actions and Outcomes. Journal of Advertising, 34(4), 41-54.
- Reidenbach, R.R., Pitts, R.E. (1986). Bank Marketing: A Guide to Strategic Planning. Reston-Prentice Hall, Inc., 239 p.
- Reidenbach, R., Moat, D., Pitts, R. (1986). The Impact of Marketing Operations on Bank Performance: A Structural Investigation. Journal of Bank Research, 18-27.
- Samoylenko, M. (2008). The theory of probability. Kharkiv, 194 p.
- Shen, G.C.C., Chiou, J.S., Hsiao, C.H., Wang, C.H., & Li, H.N. (2016). Effective marketing communication via social networking site: The moderating role of the social tie. Journal of Business Research, 69(6), 2265-2270.
- Tellis, G.J. (2006). Modeling marketing mix. Retrieved from http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~tellis/mix.pdf.
- The Interactive Advertising Bureau. Retrieved from http://www.iab.net/.
- World Federation of Advertisers. Retrieved from http://www.wfanet.org/en.
- Young, A., Aitken, L. (2007). Profitable Marketing Communications: A Guide to Marketing Return of Investment. MPG Books Ltd., 224 p.