Inna Krasiuk, PhD, Deputy head of the branch bank PJSC CB “PrivatBank”, Ukraine
Yelena Demidova, Lecturer of the Department of Social Work, Belarusian State Pedagogical University named after Maxim Tank; Director of the State Institution “Territorial Center of Public Social Service of Minsk”, Minsk, the Republic of Belarus
The global financial and economic crisis of 2008-2009 has caused a significant drop in business efficiency. Today’s management model of the overwhelming majority of companies is oriented towards satisfying the interests of owners and business groups, while the interests of clients, creditors, state and society are not sufficiently taken into account. This creates barriers to the growth of business value, which today has become a generally recognized indicator of the success, sustainability and investment attractiveness of companies. It is the reason for the introduction of the policy of value-oriented management of a company aimed at preserving and increasing the value of business, harmonizing the economic interests of all its stakeholders.
Keywords: intangible factors, cost, business, management, human capital.
JEL Classification: M21.
Cite as: Krasiuk, I., Demidova, Ye. (2017). Impact of Intangible Factors on Business Value. Business Ethics and Leadership, 1(3), 64-74. DOI: 10.21272/bel.1(3).64-74.2017
- Beck, K. (1999). Extreme Programming Explained: Embrace Change, Addison-Wesley.
- Brooks, R., Gray, J. B. (2004). History of the forecasters. Journal of Portfolio Management, 31, 113-123.
- Copeland, Tom, Koller, Tim, Murrin, Jack (1995). Valuation. Measuring and Managing the Value of Companies. 2nd ed. McKinsey & Company, Inc. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 128 p.
- Damodaran, Aswath (2009). Valuing Companies with intangible assets. Retrieved from http://people.stern.nyu.edu/adamodar/pdfiles/papers/intangibles.pdf.
- Edvinsson, L., Malone, M.S. (1997). Intellectual Capital. Realizing Your Company’s True Value by Finding Its Hidden Brainpower. New York, Harper Business, p. 5.
- Favaro, John (2003). Value-Based Management and Agile Methods. In Proceedings of 4th International Conference on XP and Agile Methods.
- Giammarino, R., Schwortz, E, Zecher, J. (1989). Market valuation of bank assets and deposit insurance in Canada. Canadian Journal of Economics, XXII(1), 109-127.
- Khaustova, V. Ye., Kurochkina, I. H., Dulenko, A. L. (2007). Teoretychni zasady otsinky vartosti biznesu korporatyvnykh struktur i rozpiznavannya yikh za rivnem kapitalizatsiyi [Theoretical principles of estimating the value of business of corporate structures and their recognition by level of capitalization]. In Corporations and integrated structures: problems of science and practice: Monograph. Kharkiv.: VD “INZHEK”, pp. 326-342.
- Kroeker, Curtis, (2013). How To Boost Your Company’s Value: Mind the Intangible Assets. Retrieved from https://www.inc.com/curtis-kroeker/intangible-assets.html.
- Millar, Allan (2013). How To Calculate Intangible Assets In Company Valuation. Retrieved from https://www.seeitmarket.com/calculate-intangible-assets-company-valuation-13632/.
- Modigliani, F., Miller, M. (1958). The cost of capital, corporation finance, and the theory of investment. American Economic Review, pp. 261-297.
- Rea, Nick, and Davis, Adrian (2009). Intangible assets: what are they worth and how should that value be communicated? PricewaterhouseCoopers, London.
- Three approaches to valuing intangible assets (2012). Third Edition, by American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Inc.
- Timmerman, Jessica (2015). Valuing Intangible Assets. Quantive Business Valuations. Retrieved from http://www.axial.net/forum/valuing-intangible-assets/.
- Tobin, J. (1996). An Essays in Economics. Vol. 1: Macroeconomics. Amsterdam – London. Introduction. P. XIII, 411 p.
- Understanding Intangible Assets and Real Estate: A Guide for Real Property Valuation Professionals (2016). By IAAO Special Committee on Intangibles.
- Zessin, A. (1982). Unternehmensbewertung von Kreditinstituten, Gottinger Hefte zur Bankbetriebslehre und Unternehmensfinanzierung. Verlag Otto Schwarz, Gottingen, Germany, 435 р.