, PhD, Associate Professor, Head of the Scientific Research Department, University of Banking, Кyiv, Ukraine
, Professor, Head of Finance Department, Vilnius University, Lithuania
The interrelation between the value characteristics of the enterprise (market value and market cost) is investigated. The economic model of formation of market value of the enterprise taking into account five basic components (the potential of the enterprise, financial capital, external factors, information about the enterprise and time) is proposed. The proposed components identify the base drivers of cost formation. These drivers are the cash flow of receipts and expenditures, the cost of capital, as well as the influence of factors of risk and uncertainty. In the context of these components, a universal complex of factors of formation and destruction of the market value of the enterprise is formed and their hierarchical classification is constructed. In this classification, the levels of significance of individual components and factors for the formation of the individual and aggregate values of the enterprise are established. The substantiation of the scientific provisions set forth in this article is based on the use of general scientific methods of analysis and synthesis, research of systems, econometric meta-modelling, and also methods of analysis of hierarchies. To choose the approach to the estimation of the value of the enterprise, as well as to construct a hierarchical system of factors of formation of the value of the enterprise, we used the Tomas Saati’s metod.
Keywords: market value, market cost, factor classification, endogenous factors, exogenous factors.
JEL Classification: G10, M20.
Cite as: Boiarko, I., Paskevicius, A. (2017). Evaluation of the Market Value of the Enterprise with Consideration of Exogenous Factors. Business Ethics and Leadership, 1(3), 75-83. DOI: 10.21272/bel.1(3).75-83.2017
- Amram, M., Martin, L., Medina, D. (2006). A Practical Guide to Tree Methods of Enterprise Valuation. Working paper.
- Ansoff, I. (1989). Strategicheskoye upravleniye [Strategic Management]. Trans. from English by Yevenko L.I. Moscow, Economics. 519 p.
- Cooper, R. (1998). Measure costs right: make the right decisions / R. Cooper, R.S. Kaplan. // Harvard Business Review. pp. 96-103.
- Copeland, T. (1999). Stoimost’ kompaniy : otsenka i upravleniye [Value of companies: evaluation and management]. Trans. from English. Moscow. 576 p.
- Damodaran, A. (2005). Damodoran on Valuation. Security Analysis for Investments and Corporate Finance. – John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 410 р.
- Freze, A. V. (2008). Upravleniye stoimost’yu promyshlennogo predpriyatiya [anagement of the cost of an industrial enterprise]. Author’s thesis. Samara. 24 p.
- Koller, T. (2005). Valuation: Measuring and Managing the Value of Companies / T. Koller, M. Goedhart, D. Wessels. – John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 730 p.
- Koryahin, M.V. (2012). Bukhhaltersʹkyy oblik u systemi upravlinnya vartistyu pidpryyemstva: teoretyko-metodolohichni kontseptsiyi [Accounting in the system of management of the cost of the enterprise: theoretical and methodological concepts] monograph. Lviv, LKA. 389 p.
- Mendrul, O.H. (2002). Upravlinnya vartistyu pidpryyemstv [Cost management of enterprises: monograph]. Kyiv, KNEU. 272 p.
- Modigliani, F. (1963). Taxes and the Cost of Capital: A Correction / F. Modigliani, M. Miller. // Ibid. pp. 433-443.
- Modigliani, F. (1958). The Cost of Capital, Corporation Finance and the Theory of Investment / F. Modigliani, M. Miller. // American Economacal Reveu. pp. 261-297.
- Palamarchuk, V.P. (2008). Prinyatiye strategicheskikh resheniy, oriyentirovannykh na rost tsennosti kompanii [Acceptance of strategic decisions aimed at increasing the company’s value [Electronic resource]. 8, pp. 56-59. Available at http://www.creativeconomy.ru/articles/5824/.
- Russman, I. B. (1968). Optimizatsiya potokov informatsii v zadachakh upravleniya [Optimization of Information Flows in Control Problems]. Investigation of Economic Information Flows. Moscow. Pub. house “Nauka”. pp.99-107.
- Saati, T. (2004). Prinyatiye resheniy. Metod analiza iyerarkhiy [Decision-making. Method for analyzing hierarchies]. Trans. from English by Vachnadze R. G. Moscow, Radio i svyaz’. 278 p.
- Sharpe, Uil’yam F. (2007). Investitsii [Investments]. Trans. from English by Burenin A. N., Vasin A. A. Moscow, INFRA-M. 1027 p.
- Skott, M. (2002). Faktory stoimosti: rukovodstvo dlya menedzherov po vyyavleniyu rychagov sozdaniya stoimosti [Cost factors: Guidelines for managers to identify value creation mechanisms]. Trans. from English under ed. Ivanov Yu. N. Moscow, CJSC “Olimp-Biznes”. 432 p.
- Stern, Joel M. (2001). The EVA challenge : implementing value added change in an organization / by Joel M. Stern and John S. Shiely with Irwin Ross. – New York : John Wiley&Sons, Inc. 250 p.
- Stewart, G. Bennet (1991). The Quest For Value: the EVA Management Guide. – New York: Harper Business.
- Van Home, Dzheyms (2008). Osnovy finansovogo menedzhmenta [Fundamentals of financial management]. Trans. from English, 12th ed. Moscow, “I.D. Williams”. 1232 p.
- Walsh, Ciaran (2003). Key Management Ratios / Ciaran Walsh. – London: FT: Prentice Hall. 375 p.