, MBA Student, Department of Marketing, Comilla University, Comilla, Bangladesh
, PhD, Malaysia University of Science and Technology; Professor, College of Business Administration, International University of Business Agriculture and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh
, MBA, Rajshahi University; Assistant Professor, Department of Marketing, Comilla University, Comilla, Bangladesh
This paper aims to analyze the consumers’ internet shopping decision toward fashion apparels and its impact on satisfaction in Bangladesh. This paper adopts the quantitative analysis of possible factors that may affect consumers’ internet shopping decision of fashion apparels and its impact on satisfaction. By using convenient sampling method, the data has been collected from 200 respondents. Data are analyzed using frequency & regression analysis. From the results of regression analysis, this research is found that security, delivery, product availability, and product variety as the important factors, which significantly influence consumers’ internet shopping decision of fashion apparels. This study is revealed that internet shopping decision of fashion apparels as the vital factor, which significantly affects consumers’ satisfaction in fashion apparel. This paper may be added to these internet shopping focuses on fashion apparels. Internet functioning fashion apparels organization can be promoted recognizing persuasive factors of internet shopping decision and satisfaction on fashion apparels. It can aid internet shopping decision of fashion apparels and satisfaction on fashion apparels excellence along with numerous apparels offer to virtual consumers through the internet. This exploration will be created awareness among e-business practicing fashion apparels firms, academicians, researchers, and virtual fashion apparels shoppers.
Keywords: internet shopping decision, fashion apparels, satisfaction, influential factors, Bangladesh.
JEL Classification: D11, L81, C44.
Cite as: Hossain, A., Rahman, Md. L., Hasan, Md. M. (2018). Consumers’ Internet Shopping Decision toward Fashion Apparels and Its Impact on Satisfaction in Bangladesh. Business Ethics and Leadership, 2(4), 74-82. http://doi.org/10.21272/bel.2(4).74-82.2018.
- Arnold, S. J., Handelman, J. and Tiger, D. J. (1996). Organizational legitimacy and retail store Patronage. Journal of Business Research, 35(3), 229-239.
- Bélanger, F., Janine, H. and Smith, W. (2002). Trustworthiness in electronic Commerce: The role of privacy, security, and site attributes. Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 11, 245-70. Available at: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jsis.
- Bolton, R. N. (1998). A dynamic model of the duration of the customer’s relationship with continuous service provider the role of satisfaction. Marketing Science, 17(1), 45-65.
- Brown, M. and Muchira, R. (2004). Investigating the Relationship between Internet Privacy Concerns and Online Purchase Behavior. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 5(1), 62-70.
- Bulbul, A. (2015). Consumers’ attitude towards e-commerce in Bangladesh: An empirical study on some selected b2c e-commerce sites. Journal of Business and Technology, 10(1), 71-76.
- Chen, Xu, H. and Whinston, A. B. (2011). Moderated online communities and quality of user-generated content. Journal of Management Information Systems, 28(2), 237-68.
- Childers, T.L., Carr, C.L., Peck, J. and Carson, S. (2001). Hedonic and utilitarian motivations for online retail shopping behavior. Journal of Retailing, 77(4), 511-535.
- Chiu, Huang, H. Y. and Yen, C. H. (2010). Antecedents of online trust in online auctions. Electronic Commerce Research and Application, 9(2), 148-159.
- Chiu, Lin, C. P. and Tang, L. L. (2005). Gender differs: assessing a model of online purchase intentions in e-tail service. International Journal of Service Industry Management, 16(5), 416-635.
- Comegys, C., Hannula, M. and Váisánen, J. (2009). Effects of consumer trust and risk on online purchase decision-making: A comparison of Finnish and United States students. International Journal of Management, 26(2), 295-308.
- Cuneyt, K. and Gautam, B. (2004). The impacts of quickness, price, payment risk and delivery issues on on-line shopping. Journal of Socio-Economics, 33(2), 241-251.
- Donthu, N. and Garcia, A. (1999). The internet shopper. Journal of Advertising Research, 39(3), 52-59.
- Federal Trade Commission (2001). Privacy Leadership Initiative. Available at: http://www.ftc.gov/ bcp/workshops/glb/supporting/ Harris%20results.pdf, FTC.gov.
- Goldsmith, R. E. and Bridges, E. (2000). Using attitudes to predict online buying behavior. Quarterly Journal of Electronic Commerce, 1, 245-253.
- Gourville, J., & Soman, D. (1998). Payment depreciation: The behavioral effects of temporally separating payments from consumption. Journal of Consumer Research, 25(2), 160-174.
- Hahn, L., Hoelzl, E., & Pollai, M. (2013). The effect of payment type on product-related emotions: evidence from an experimental study. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 37(1), 21-28.
- He, H., Li, Y. and Harris, L. (2012). Social identity perspective on brand loyalty. Journal of Business Research, 65(5), 648-57.
- Hossain, A., Jamil, Md. A. A and Rahman, Md. M., (2018). Exploring the Key Factors Influencing Consumers’ Intention, Satisfaction and Loyalty towards Online Purchase in Bangladesh. International Journal of Economics and Financial Research, 4(7), 214-225.
- Jubayer, S. (2015). Acceptance of online shopping in Bangladesh: Consumer’s perspective. Journal of Business and Management: Available at: http://www.iosrjournals.org.
- Kim, E. and Kim, Y. (2004). Predicting online purchase intention for clothing products. European Journal of Marketing, 38(7), 833-97.
- Liao and Chung (2014). The Effects of Psychological Factors on Online Consumer Behavior. National Science Council, Taiwan, Republic of China, under contract No. NSC 98-2410-H-032 -038 –MY2.
- Lorrie Cranor, Serge and Egelman (2007). The Effect of Online Privacy Information on Purchasing Behavior: An Experimental Study. International Conference on Information Systems, 5(1), 21-29.
- Mehrdad, S. (2012). Consumer buying behavior towards internet shopping stores. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 2(1). ISNN: 2222-6990.
- Mohammad, T. R. (2016). Consumers’ attitude towards online shopping the case of Bangladesh. World Journal of Social Sciences, 6(2), 82-91.
- Mohd, S. (2017). A literature review of the trend of electronic commerce in Bangladesh perspective economics and commerce. Global Journal of Management and Business Research, 17(3). Available at: https://journalofbusiness.org/index.php/GJMBR/article/view/2257.
- Montaner, Chernatony and Buil, (2011). Consumer response to gift promotions. Journal of Product & Brand Management, 20(2), 101-110.
- Mueller, J., Hutter, K., Fueller, J. and ScMatzler, K. (2011). Virtual worlds as knowledge management platform − a practice-perspective. Information Systems Journal, 21(6), 479-501.
- Nazmu, N. M. (2017). A literature review of the trend of electronic commerce in Bangladesh perspective. Global Journals Inc (USA), 17(3). Available at: https://journalofbusiness.org/index.php/GJMBR/article/view/2257 Owens.
- Peterson, R. A., Balasubramanian, S. & Bronnenberg, B. J. (1997). Exploring the implications of the Internet for consumer marketing. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 25(4), 329-346.
- Qazi, M. M. (2014). Factors influencing consumers’ attitude towards online shopping evidence from Dhaka City. Journal of Business Studies, 25(3), 161-47. Available at: https://www.fbsdu.com/news_event/14664880988.pdf.
- Rakesh and Khare (2012). Impact of promotions and value consciousness in online shopping behaviour in India. Journal of Database Marketing & Customer Strategy Management, 19(4), 311-320.
- Shergill, G. S. and Chen, Z. (2005). Web-based shopping Consumers attitudes towards online shopping in New Zealand. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 6(2), 79-94.
- Sien (2015). Factors Influencing consumers purchase intention towards online group buying in Malaysia. Available at: http://www.eprints.utar.edu.my/id/eprint/2161.
- Smith, D. A. & Rupp, T. W. (2003). Strategic internet customer decision making: leveraging the Transformational power of the Internet. Internet Information Review, 27(6), 418-432.
- Szymanski, D. M. & Hise, R.T. (2000). E-satisfaction: An initial examination. Journal of Retailing, 76(3), 309-322.
- Webcheck (1999). Marketing and selling to the South African web user. Retrieved 26 September 2018 from http://www.webckeck.co.za.
- Yi and Yoo (2011). The long-term effects of sales promotions on brand attitude across monetary and non-monetary promotions. Psychology and Marketing, 28(9), 879-896.
- Zhang, P., Von, D. G. M., Small, R. V. and Barcellos, S. (1999). Websites that Satisfy Users: A Theoretical Framework for Web User Interface Design and Evaluation. Proceedings of the 32nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- Zivile Bauboniene (2015). E-commerce factors influencing consumers’ online shopping decision. Social Technologies Research Journal, 5(1), 74-81.