Pavlo Rubanov, PhD, Associate Professor of Finance, Sumy State University, Ukraine
Alfredo Marcantonio, Owner of Insurance Agency, Partner of Continental Insurance Group, Marktoberdorf, Germany
The article explores the essence of alternative finance, describes the main models of alternative financing for business and individual borrowers. The key characteristics of alternative finance models are determined and their classification according to these criteria is proposed. The analysis of the modern development of the basic models of alternative finance in the regions of the world is carried out.
Keywords: alternative finance, investments, crowdfunding, peer-to-peer lending, online platform.
JEL Classification: G01, G20, E42.
Cite as: Rubanov P., Marcantonio A. (2017). Alternative Finance Business-Models: Online Platforms. Financial Markets, Institutions and Risks, 1(3), 92-98. DOI: 10.21272/fmir.1(3).92-98.2017
- Allen F. et al. (2012). Financial Intermediation, Markets, and Alternative Financial Sectors. Handbook of the Economics of Finance, 55 p. Access mode: http://apps.eui.eu/Personal/Carletti/Handbook _ACQV_25March2012.pdf.
- Krukhmal O. V. et al. (2017). Peer-to-peer lending in Ukraine: perspectives of development and challenges for banks. International scientific journal Interscience, 2(2), 93-96. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/mnj_2017_2%282%29__21
- Medzhybovskaya N. S. (2016). Crowdfunding for small business: myth or reality? Economy of Ukraine, 10, 20-35.
- Ogorodnik V. O. (2014). Crowdfunding as an innovative instrument for the modernization of the national financial and investment system, Scientific Bulletin of Uzhgorod University. Ser: Economics, 3, 103-105. Access mode: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Nvuuec_2014_3_25.
- Petrushenko Yu. M. et al. (2014). Crowdfunding as an innovative tool for financing projects of social and economic development. Marketing and Innovation Management, 1, 172-182.
- Petrushenko Yu. M. (2014). Evolution of methods for collective funding as a factor of social and economic community development, World of Finance, 1, 106-113.
- Segal M. et al. (2016). What is Alternative Finance? U.S. Small Business Administration; Economic Research Series. Access mode: https://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/advocacy/What-Is-Alt-Fi.pdf.
- Wardrop R. et al. (2016). Breaking New Ground: The Americas alternative finance benchmarking report, Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance, 80 p. Access mode: https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/fileadmin/user_upload/research/centres/alternative-finance/downloads/2016-americas-alternative-financebenchmarking-report.pdf.
- Zhang B. et al. (2016). Harnessing Potential: The Asia-Pacific alternative finance benchmarking report. Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance, 96 p. Access mode: https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/fileadmin/user_upload/research/centres/alternative-finance/downloads/harnessing-potential.pdf