Doctor of Economics, Professor, Collegium Mazovia Innovative University, Poland; Teadmus OÜ, Estonia
Ph.D., Sumy State University, Ukraine
Sumy State University, Ukraine
This paper summarizes the arguments and counterarguments within the scientific discussion on the issue health care anti-crisis management in the reality of the Covid-19 pandemic. The health care system is an important component in ensuring the national security of the state. The main purpose of the research is to assess the possibilities and generalization of data on anti-crisis activities of the organization that ensures the livelihood of the population in a global crisis caused by a complex of problems associated with the global pandemic coronavirus infection. The object of this study is the health care point of the Interregional Rapid Response Center of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine. The subject of the paper can be considered deployment and implementation of anti-crisis activities within the health care point. Systematization literary sources and approaches for solving the problem health care points indicates that it is necessary to develop anti-crisis regulation program to save them. Methodological tools of the research methods were system-structural method, induction method, analysis of statistic figures and facts, SWOT-analysis. The authors have analyzed the organizational structure of health points of the Interregional Rapid Response Center of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine and defined their main tasks. It is clear that the provision of anti-crisis activities on a regular basis allows to purposefully form an effective subsystem for managing a health care facility in crisis situations. The system of anti-crisis management measures is proposed, and the effect of their implementation is determined by authors. In particular, the anti-crisis plan for the health care point of the center suggests working with humanitarian organizations and private and legal sponsors, which can provide additional support to health care points in building and improving the material and technical base. The set of measures for anti-crisis activities should become systemic, which will help in the long run to the health care point of the Interregional Rapid Response Center of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine. The results of the study can be useful for researchers who have been conducting study on this topic, and students majoring in «Management and Administration in Health Care».
Keywords: anti-crisis management, health care point, Interregional Rapid Response Center, State Emergency Service of Ukraine, SWOT-analysis of health care point.
JEL Classification: H83, I15, I18.
Cite as: Prokopenko, O., Shcherbachenko, V., & Kulibaba, V. (2020). Health care anti-crisis management issues in the reality of the covid-19 pandemic. Health Economics and Management Review, 1(2), 16-23. https://doi.org/10.21272/hem.2020.2-02
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Chan, E. Y. Y., & Wong, C. S. (2020). Public health prevention hierarchy in disaster context. In Public Health and Disasters (pp. 7-17). Springer, Singapore. [Google Scholar]
- Danylyshyn, B., & Bohdan I. (2020). Developing a system of anti-crisis measures for Ukraine’s economy in the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. Banks and Bank Systems, 15 (2). 1–15. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Dmitruk, O. V. (2018). Management of adaptation of personnel of health care institutions in new business conditions. Priazovsky Economic Bulletin. Classical Private University, 5(10). 182-186. Retrieved from [Link]
- Khalatur, S., Kriuchko, L., & Sirko, A. (2020). World experience adaptation of anti-crisis management of enterprises in the conditions of national economy’s transformation. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 6(3), 171-182. [Google Scholar] [CrossREf]
- Markina, I. A., & Al, Sh. M. (2016). Adaptation of the concept of sustainable development into the practice of state anti-crisis health care management. Journal of Economic Reforms, 4. 29-33. [Google Scholar]
- Order on approval of the Procedure for the organization of medical care in the system of the State Service of Ukraine for Emergencies (2014). Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine. Order. 08/18/2014 № 831. With changes made in accordance with the Order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs № 629 from 29.07.2019. Retrieved from [Link]
- Regulations on the State Service of Ukraine for Emergencies (2015). Retrieved from [Link] (In Ukrainian).
- Semchuk, I. V., Kukel, G. S., & Roleders, V. V. (2020). Introduction of new approaches to the management of health care facilities in market conditions. Efficient economy, 5. [CrossRef]
- Shcherbachenko, V., Zakharkin, O., & Smolennikov, D. (2020). State support and regulation of intellectual capital development. Strategies, models and technologies of economic systems management in the context of international economic integration: Monograph.Editors: M. Bezpartochny, V. Riashchenko, N. Linde. Riga: Institute of Economics of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, 109-117.
- Shkola V., Domashenko M., Shcherbachenko V., & Kasianenko T. (2020) International economic security management within the advanced innovative development paradigm. National development goals: innovation framework: monograph. London: Agenda Publishing House Limited. 30-48. [Google Scholar]
- UNDP project. (2019). Ukraine is in the middle of the ranking in the UNDP Human Development Report. Retrieved from [Link]
- Yamnenko, T. M. (2018). Medical reform: realities of Ukraine and international experience. Legal Bulletin. Air and space law, 2. 116-120. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Yurinets, Z. V., & Petrukh, O. A. (2018). Directions of state regulation of innovative development of health care in Ukraine. Investments: practice and experience, 22. 116-121. [CrossRef]