Ph.D., Associate Professor, Sumy State University, Ukraine
Bystrzyca Kłodzka, Poland
Nowadays, the online business is fast-growing since it is convenient, more profitable, and less energy-consuming. The changing consumers’ needs force companies and organizations to adjust and modernize their marketing strategies. The authors emphasized that Internet advertising channels would overcome the traditional ones. Therefore, it is relevant to consider the latest trends in e-commerce to provide effective advertising campaigns. This study aims to conduct the competitive analysis of Ukrainian veterinary enterprises’ websites as one of the key marketing management determinants. The study object are the most prominent Ukrainian veterinary enterprises. The methodological basis for this paper includes trend, bibliometric, and comparative content analysis. The trend analysis results showed a constant interest in web management worldwide. In turn, there are significant fluctuations over the previous five years in Ukraine. The findings indicated that search requests for «pharmaceutics» worldwide are gradually increasing, while there is not enough statistic data in Ukraine. The bibliometric analysis for Scopus publications addressed the marketing management in the pharmaceutical were visualized by 4 clusters. The first cluster covers marketing, management, and risk issues; the second – pharmaceutical industry, the third – economy; and the fourth – quality control. The findings showed that veterinary medicine was mostly associated with drug efficacy, management, investment, management, risk, organization and management, patents, and quality control. This issue has been most actively studied by scientists from the United States, Britain, Germany, India, and Italy. This study provided the comparative analysis of veterinary enterprises web sites based on the main indicators as follows: usability, site structure, site indexation, number of external pages, overall traffic, behavioral factors (bounce rate, pages per visit, time on site), traffic sources (direct, referrals, SEO, SMM, e-mail, and display advertising), and adaptability to the mobile versions. The obtained results showed that all Ukrainian biological vaccines manufacturers for animals were represented on the Internet. In turn, as of September 2020, Biotestlab most effectively used the Internet to promote products. In second place is the Sumy Biological Factory, and then – Kherson Biological Factory.
Keywords: marketing, web management, determinant, enterprise, website, competitive analysis.
JEL Classification: M31, I11, M49.
Cite as: Lazorenko, V., Saher, L., & Jasnikowski, J. (2021). Web management as a marketing management determinant: case for pharmaceutical enterprises. Health Economics and Management Review, 2(2), 105-114. https://doi.org/10.21272/hem.2021.2-10
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Ain.ua. (2021). Official web page. Retrieved from [Link]
- Bozhkova, V. V., Ptashchenko, O. V., Saher, L. Y., & Syhyda, L. O. (2018). Transformation of marketing communications tools in the context of globalization. Marketing and management of innovations, (1), 73-82. [CrossRef]
- Chernousova, Zh. T., & Mishchenko, A. P. (2018). Economic analysis of the pharmaceutical enterprise on the perspective of innovative development at the example of farmak JSC Economic bulletin of National technical university of Ukraine «Kyiv polytechnic institute», 15. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].
- Davidaviciene, V., Meidute-Kavaliauskiene, S., & Paliulis, R. (2019). Research on the influence of social media on generation Y consumer purchase decisions. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 4, 39-49. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Gemius Ukraine (2021). Official web page. Retrieved from [Link]
- Horoshop (2021). Official web page. Retrieved from [Link]
- Illiashenko, S. M., & Ivanova, T. Y. (2015). Internet promotion tools and techniques: Analytical review. Marketing and Management of Innovations, (3), 20-32. Retrieved from [Link]
- Indigo (2021).Official web page. Retrieved from [Link]
- Khazzaka, М. (2019). Pharmaceutical marketing strategies’ influence on physicians’ prescribing pattern in Lebanon: ethics, gifts, and samples. BMC Health Services Research, 19(1). [CrossRef]
- LuxSite (2021). Official web page. Retrieved from [Link]
- Melnik, Y. M., Saher, L. Y., Illiashenko, N. S., & Ryazantseva, Y. M. (2016). Classification of basic forms and types of marketing on-line communications. Marketing and management of innovations, (4), 43-55. Retrieved from [Link]
- Mozgova, G. V., & Boiko, Y. A. (2017). Site as internet marketing tool. Economy and Society, 3, 523-528.
- Mykhailiuk, M. A. (2017). Slерt-analysis as a method of strategic investigation of pharmaceutical companies. Scientific Bulletin of Kherson State University. Series «Economic Sciences», 25(1), 174-177.
- Oklander М., & Oklander T. (2017). Segmentation and communication in digital marketing. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 69-78. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Oklander, M., & Wierzbik-Strońska, M. (2020). Marketing Technologies of Business Development: monograph. Katowice: Wydawnictwo Wyższej Szkoły Technicznej w Katowicach. Retrieved from [Link]
- Prudnikov, Yu., & Nazarenko, A. (2021). The role of content marketing in the promotion of medical goods and services. Health Economics and Management Review, 2(1), 23-29. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Rosokhata, A. S., Rybina, O. I., Derykolenko, A. O., & Makerska, V. (2020). Improving the Classification of Digital Marketing Tools for the Industrial Goods Promotion in the Globalization Context. Research in World Economy, 11 (4), 42-52. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Shabelnyk, T. V. (2016). Klasyfikatsiia osnovnykh subiektiv ta obiektiv suchasnoho farmatsevtychnoho rynku Ukrainy [Classification of the main subjects and objects of the modern pharmaceutical market of Ukraine]. Business inform, (4), 289-293.
- Spymetrics (2021). Official web page. Retrieved from [Link]
- Sumy biological factory. (2021). Official web page. Retrieved from [Link]
- Teletov, A., Teletova, S., Letunovska, N., & Lazorenko, V. (2020). Innovations in Online Advertising Management of Ukrainian Business Entities. International Journal, 9(1.2). [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Vitiuk A. V., & Trachenko K. R. (2018). Supplementary trends in development of the pharmaceutical industry of Ukraine. Visnyk of Vinnytsia Polytechnical Institute, 6, 35–43. [CrossRef].