Ph.D., Sumy State University, Ukraine
Ph.D., Sumy State University, Sumy, Ukraine
Sumy State University, Sumy, Ukraine
Sumy State University, Sumy, Ukraine
The peculiarity of social development in modern life is the development of the role of knowledge and information in society, in the intensive promotion of information technology, and in the formation of new qualitative forms of information interaction between people. Systematization literary sources and approaches for solving the problem indicates that social relations between doctor and patient are built on the basis of practical mutual trust. The better the communication between them, the better the result. This has a positive effect on the patient’s satisfaction with the quality of medical care provided and, in turn, increases the reputation and loyalty to the medical institution. The object of the study is the reasons for patients’ distrust of doctors of government agencies and the medical system of Ukraine as a whole. The subject is informational and marketing activities in public medical institutions in order to increase the level of trust. The target audience is patients and managers of public medical institutions. The purpose is to provide recommendations to the management of medical institutions on information activities to build trust in the medical system. To achieve the goals used these research methods: comparative, analytical, statistical, questionnaire method. The information base of the study is the analysis of the results of research, analysis of the regulatory framework, analysis of scientific literature, materials of scientific and practical conferences, statistical reference books and Internet resources. The information base of the field quantitative research is a questionnaire survey of the population on social networks and public hospitals. In February 2021, a representative survey was conducted on the attitude of people to public medical institutions among the population of Sumy region. 203 respondents took part in this survey: 117 (58%) women and 86 (42%) men. People answered questions about the assessment of trust and the state of the medical system, the reasons for choosing a public or private institution, the criteria that are considered when choosing a family doctor and the patient’s communication channels with the doctor. Analyzing the regulatory framework for informatization in the field of medicine in Ukraine, it was found that the current problem is the poor system of organization and provision of information. According to the survey, 68.5% of the population do not trust the medical system of Ukraine and assess the state of medicine as satisfactory. But the level of trust as a whole is improving. Unfortunately, little attention is paid to information and communication policy in Ukraine. Employees of medical institutions are not interested in developing and keeping up with innovations. Only 37% of respondents use alternative methods of communication with a doctor (internet, telephone). Most respondents said that communication between doctors and patients needed to be improved. Guidelines have been developed for healthcare professionals to improve communication as based on marketing with patients and increase the information literacy of professionals. The results of the study may be useful for the management of health facilities in certain territories, for family physicians who communicate directly with patients and for other institutions and their representatives involved in the health system and are responsible for information and communication component of interaction with consumers.
Keywords: medical system, marketing activities, medical institutions, territories marketing, information activities of medical institutions.
JEL Classification: M39, I11, I12.
Cite as: Rosokhata, A., Jasnikowski, A., Vorontsova, A., Koroshchenko, V., & Savchenko, I. (2021). Forming Trust in the Medical System Through Marketing Activities of Medical Institutions of Certain Territories. Health Economics and Management Review, 2(4), 8-20. https://doi.org/10.21272/hem.2021.4-01
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Association Agreement between Ukraine, of the one part, and the European Union, the European Atomic Energy Community and their Member States, of the other part, of 30.11.2015 – № 1678. Retrieved from [Link]
- Bondarenko, A. F., Syhyda, L. O., Saher, L. Y., & Zakharkina, L. S. (2020). The economic and marketing attractiveness of countries: Measurement and positioning in terms of economic security. International Journal of Sustainable Development and Planning, 15(4), 439-449. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- European Charter of Patients’ Rights «Right to Information» of November 15, 2002. Retrieved from [Link]
- Guidelines for organizing a health fair. Kharkiv Expert Group for Support of Medical Reform, NGO «Agency for Change Perspective». Kharkiv, 2017. Retrieved from [Link]
- Guschin, A. V. (2012). The internet communication as material to analyze the physician-patient relationship. Sociology of Medicine, 11(1), 38-41. [Google Scholar]
- Khomenko L. M., & Saher L.Yu. (2021). Semiotic Analysis of Logos as a Marketing Promotion Tool for Blood Service Enterprises. Bulletin of Khmelnytsky National University. Series. Economic Sciences, 5(1), 111-117. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Konyk, D. (2016). Strategic Communications: A Guide for Civil Servants / International Bank for Reconstruction and Development. World Bank. Retrieved from [Link].
- Kulish, А. (2004). Public Relations for public (non-governmental) organizations: Practical advice for every day. Retrieved from [Link].
- Law of Ukraine «On Amendments to the Law of Ukraine» On Information of 13.01.2011 – № 32 – Article 313. URL: [Link]
- Letunovska, N., Rosokhata, A., & Saher, L. (2021). Population health as a determinant of the level of regional development: examples of marketing programs to support a healthy lifestyle. National health as determinant of sustainable development of society, 527. [Google Scholar]
- Liubchak, V. V., Khomenko, L. M., Kovalishyn, M. P., Ilyina, V. V., Babar, T. V., Sikora, V. V., & Simonova, O. V. (2021). New marketing tools in the blood service to optimize quality management. Wiadomosci Lekarsk, 74, 2192-2196. [Google Scholar]
- Minchenko, M., & Ivanov О. (2020). Application of content marketing in the formation of marketing strategy of territorial communities. Innovation, Social and Economic Challenges : the International Scientific Online Conference, 35-38
- Model Law on Informatization, Information and Information Protection of November 18, 2005 – № 26. Retrieved from [Link]
- Operational Manual of the Ministry of Health Publication April 1, 2018 «How to organize a system of primary health care at the local level». Retrieved from [Link]
- Order «On approval of the Concept of e-health development» of December 28, 2020 – № 1671 – Kyiv. Retrieved from [Link]
- Order «On approval of the Procedure for maintaining the Register of Patients in the electronic health care system» from 30.11.2020 – № 2755 – Kyiv. Retrieved from [Link]
- Petroye, O., Lyulyov, O., Pakhomov, V., Lytvynchuk, I., & Paida, Y. (2020). Effects of Information Security and Innovations on Country’s Image: Governance Aspect. International Journal of Safety and Security Engineering, 10(4), 459-466. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Pimonenko, T., Us, J., Leus, D., & Fedyna, S. (2017). The modern ecological and economic instruments for sustainable development. Bulletin of Sumy State University. Economy Ser, 2, 57-67.
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “Some issues of the electronic health care system of April 25, 2018. – 11411 – Kyiv. URL: [Link]
- Rosokhata, A., Jasnikowski, A., & Koroshchenko, V. (2021b). Territorial marketing services as a modern challenge of place brand policy. Theoretical and practical aspects of science development (part I): materials of the IV International scientific-practical conference in Lviv, November 23-24, 2021. – Lviv: Lviv Scientific Forum, 2021. P. 14-15.
- Rosokhata, A., Jasnikowski, A., & Koroshchenko, V. (2021c). Territorial marketing and the system of place branding: interaction and interconnection. International Scientific Online Conference «Innovation, Social and Economic Challenges».
- Rosokhata, A., Jasnikowski, A., Didenko, I., & Koroshenko, V. (2021a). Changing behavioral attractors for digital technologies of territories marketing. III International Scientific and Practical Internet Conference «Modern Challenges and Aspects of Innovative Development of Economic Science and Practice», Kyiv.
- Rosokhata, A., Jasnikowski, A., Koroshchenko, V. (2021). Territorial marketing as an instrument of increasing public confidence. XVII International Scientific and Practical Conference of Students and Young Scientists «MAJESTY OF MARKETING».
- The results of the study LIGA.net together with the National Health Insurance Fund and the NGO «100% Life», supported by the US Agency for International Development – HealthLink 01.10.2020. Retrieved from [Link]
- Toffler, E. (2003). Metamorphoses of power: Per. from English. Moscow: Publishing House ACT LLC.
- Ukraine Crisis Media Center. Presentation of the results of the all-Ukrainian study «Health Index. Ukraine». UCMC. [Video].Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDAzbU6GWis
- Vasilyeva T. A., Lyeonov S. V., & Letunovska N. Y. (2020). The economic impact of COVID-19: forecasting for Ukrainian regions. Socio-Economic Challenges: Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference. [Google Scholar]
- Vladimirsky, A. V. (2005). Deontology of telemedicine. Donetsk: Nord LLC.
- Voronenko, Yu., Hoida, N., Detsyk, O., Zimenkovskyi, A., Krishtopa, B., & Latyshev, Ye. (2014). Organization of quality control of medical care in health care facilities. Retrieved from [Link]