Pridneprovsk State Academy of Physical Culture and Sports (Ukraine)
Sumy State Pedagogical Makarenko University (Ukraine)
The main goal of the paper is to justify the implementation of the innovative approach to the strategic management from the Ministry of Youth and Sport of Ukraine during preparation and realization of the reform regarding the sportsmen’s training system in the Olympic sports. Authors defined the necessity to use the innovative managerial approach to regulate the Olympians’ training system in Ukraine. It was proved that the current system could not effectively function owing to the current stable negative tendency regarding Ukrainian sportsmen’s performance results in Summer and Winter Olympic Games (in several times during 1996-2016). Considering the ongoing issues, the implementation of «Strategy to form the modern system of the Olympic training for the period up to 2020» should provide the change of the whole paradigm regarding the impacts on the sporting sphere in the leading authorities of state administration. One the hypothesis of the paper was checking the direct cause-effect relationship between economic growth and number of the Ukrainian sportsmen’s victories in the Olympic Games. The results of the regressive analysis regarding the relationship between GDP per capita growth (annual %) and medal points in Olympic disciplines for Ukraine during 1994-2016 proved the absence of the direct and statistically significant dependence between these two indicators. Within the framework of the innovative approach, authors proposed: to distribute functions on sport development management in the centre and at the local level; to introduce the practice to develop managerial decisions regarding experts’ involvement; to create new organization forms of the modern sport, such as training centres; to investigate and to use instruments of the macro pedagogical impact on the sportsmen’s training practice in districts, in Kyiv and in the national federations.
Keywords: innovative approach, strategic management, high-level sport, Olympic sport, the system of sportsmen’s training
JEL Classification: C12, М38.
Cite as: Prykhodko, V., & Tomenko., O. (2019). Innovative approach to the strategic management of the Olympic sport reform in Ukraine. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 357-366. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2019.1-29
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Baade, R. A. (1996). Professional sports as catalysts for metropolitan economic development. Journal of urban affairs, 18(1), 1-17.
- Bojchenko, V. S. (2017). Features of organizational and economic provision of forming the management of the development of the old industrial region. Marketing and management of innovations,1, 271-279.
- Bordyugova, G. S. (2009). Place of sports law in the national legal system. Pravo Ukrayiny, 3 , 144-147.
- Esentaev, T. K. (2016). Environment training and competitive activity. Kiev. 192.
- Garo, G. O., Kushnir, O. O. (2018) Sporting rights: review of national legislation and international standards. Retrieved from: http://protokol.com.ua/ru/sportivne_pravo_oglyad.natsionalnogo_zakonodavstva_imignarodnih_standartiv pdf.
- Girginov, V., & Hills, L. (2008). A Sustainable Sports Legacy: Creating a Link between the London Olympics and Sports Participation. The International Journal of the History of Sport, 25(14), 2091–2116.doi:10.1080/09523360802439015
- Grynkevych, O. S., Lutchyn, N. P. (2017). Analysis and modeling of the processes of internationalization of higher education in the context of innovation development. Marketing and management of innovations, 3, 314-325.
- Johnson, A. T. (1982). Government, opposition and sport: The role of domestic sports policy in generating political support. Journal of sport and social issues, 6(2), 22-34
- Kordzaya, N. R. (2017). Perception of social advertising by the population of Ukraine. Marketing and management of innovations, 3, 158-164.
- Lyulyov, O., Chygryn, O., and Pimonenko, T. (2018). National Brand as a Marketing Determinant of Macroeconomic Stability. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 142-152. http://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2018.3-12
- Manzenreiter, W., & Horne, J. (2005). Public policy, sports investments and regional development initiatives in Japan. In The political economy of sport (pp. 152-182). Palgrave Macmillan, London.
- Nielsen, K., & Storm, R. K. (2013). Is India the Exception?: The Impact of Economic Growth on the Competitiveness of National Elite Sport Systems. Birkbeck Sport Business Centre Research Papers, 6(1).
- Olympic sports (2013). The order of the Ministry of Youth and Sport of Ukraine: On approval of the Regulations on the rating of the Olympic sports, № 667 from 21.10.2013.
- Pavlenko, Yu., Kozlova, N. (2013). Scientific and methodological support for the training of athletes in the Olympic sport. Nauka v olimpiyskom sporte, 2, 73-79.
- Pavlenko, Yu., Kozlova, N. (2013). Sports training centers in the system of training athletes. Nauka v olimpiyskom sporte, 3, 81-86.
- Platonov, V. N. (2015). The system of training athletes in the Olympic sport. General theory and its practical applications. Kiev. 680.
- Platonov, V. N., Pavlenko, Yu. A., Tomashevskyi, V. V. (2012). Training athletes of the different countries for the Olympic Games. Kiev, 336.
- Prykhodko, V. V. (2014). The role of macro-pedagogy in creating the concept of sports reform in the conditions of modern Ukraine. Sporty`vnyi visnyk Prydnіprov’ya, 1, 179-181.
- Prykhodko, V. V. (2017). Direction, content and principles of the sport reform of the highest achievements in Ukraine. Sporty`vnyi visnyk Prydnіprov’ya, 1, 308-313.
- Prykhodko, V. V., Nomenko, O. A., Mykhailychenko, O. V. (2016). Improvement of the organization and content of scientific research on physical culture and sport in Ukraine as an important prerequisite for their reform. Pedahohichni nauky: teoriya, istoriya, innovatsiyni tekhnolohiyi, 3 (57), 419-429.
- Sakhnovskyi, K., Fomin C. (2002). To the results of performances of athletes of Ukraine at the XIX Olympic Winter Games. Nauka v olimpiyskom sporte, 3-4, 24-31.
- Shynkaruk, O. (2012). Features of the Olympic training of athletes in foreign countries. Fizychne vykhovannya, sport i kulʹtura zdorov’ya v suchasnomu suspilʹstvi, 1 (17), 126-130.
- Sozansky, Kh. (2003). Optimization strategy of training highly qualified athletes. Vestnik sportivnoy nauki, 15-18.
- The concept of strategic government management. Retrieved from: https://studbooks.net/1063619/pravo/strategicheskoe_ upravlenie_suschnost_mehanizmy.
- Ukraine at the Olympics. Retrieved from: https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Україна_на_Олімпійських_іграх.pdf.
- Volik S. V. (2013). Financial components of functioning of professional football clubs of Ukraine. Slobozhanskiy naukovo-sporty`vnyi visnyk, 5 (38), 54-58.
- Zaharchyn, G. M., Sklyaruk, T. V. (2017). Transformation of new values in the management category. Marketing and management of innovations, 2, 121-128.