Volodymyr Tkachenko ,
The London Academy of Science and Business (England)
The London Academy of Science and Business (England)
Academy of the State Penitentiary Service (Ukraine)
Kyiv National University of Technology and Design (Ukraine)
In the paper, the concept of marketing risks management is examined through the prism of the interpretations of the concept of risk, marketing risk, management, in order to optimize it and efficiently operate the enterprise. Any enterprise entering into commodity-money relations, or starts its own economic activity, appears to debate such issues as risk, risk minimization, risk insurance and risk avoidance. Moreover, the risks may be related not only to the enterprise activity but also to its environment (political and economic situation in the country, macroeconomic fluctuations of the economy, sociocultural population, legal and legislativeframework, globalization of the economy in general). However, along with this, there is also a research possibility, analysis, estimation, miscalculation, minimization (optimization), hedging, risk avoidance in order to ensure continuous, stable, efficient and profitable activity of the enterprise. Achievement of this result is possible only under the condition of effective risk management or the use of risk management at the enterprise. This will enable the enterprise to provide the necessary resources to ensure the continuity of the production or financial-economic process at the time of an uncertain situation or risk. Any economic, financial, marketing, production, innovation or management activities are always risky. Even if the enterprise is in a state of rest and does not show any business activity, it is burdened with the risk of a lack of profit and unused capacities. Therefore, the risk is a socioeconomic category that reflects the particular aspects of stakeholders’ perception of objectively existing uncertainty and conflict state, which is characterized by the process of targeting, management, decision-making, control, evaluation, the motivation that is subject to possible threats and characterized by unused resources and opportunities. In the research process of the conceptual apparatus, it was found that the dynamic development of market relations makes the problem of marketing risks management especially relevant today for top-managers of the higher level of any enterprise, because the business entities face many negative factors, affecting the desired result of their activity, etc. marketing risks managementof business entities is not only a theoretical and methodological substantiation of approaches to managing them, but also the development, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and evaluation of the results of the proposed actions in practice. Since risks are an integral part of any economic activity process and conduct its final outcomes, therefore, the issue of researching the concept of marketing risks management is raised to prevent undesirable results and obtain the maximum efficiency.
Keywords: risk, marketing risk, concept, enterprise, optimization, insurance, management, efficiency, monitoring, analysis, evaluation, economic activity, the activity of the enterprise, stakeholders.
JEL Classification: C02, L00, O12.
Cite as: Tkachenko, V., Kwilinski, A., Tkachenko, I., & Puzyrova, P. (2019). Theoretical and methodical approaches to the definition of marketing risks management concept at industrial enterprises. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 2, 228-238. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2019.2-20
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Bezchasnyi, O. (2018). Reflexive coordination of communications in the construction of models for the development of an industrial enterprise. Virtual Economics, 1(1), 66-83. https://doi.org/10.34021/ve.2018.01.01(5)
- Dzwigol, H., & Dzwigol-Barosz, M. (2018). Scientific research methodology in management sciences. Financial and Credit Activity: Problems of Theory and Practice, 2(25), 424-437. https://doi.org/10.18371/fcaptp.v2i25.136508
- Fan, B., & Yuan, Y. (2016). Constructing an assessment index system for strategic risk management in coal science and technology enterprises. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, 26(4), 653-660.
- Florioa, C., & Leonib, G. (2017). Enterprise risk management and firm performance: The Italian case. The British Accounting Review, 49(1), 56-74. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bar.2016.08.003
- Fyfe, C., Marney, J.P., & Tarbert, H. (2005). Risk adjusted returns from technical trading: a genetic programming approach. Applied Financial Economics, 15(15), 1073-1077. https://doi.org/10.1080/09603100500306709
- Holiash, I., & Danyliuk, I. (2012). Analiz marketynhovykh ryzykiv pidpryiemstva [Analysis of marketing risks of the enterprise]. Ekonomichnyi analiz, 10(4). 59-62 (in Ukrainian).
- Honcharov, V.M., & Rakhmetulina, Zh.B. (2014). Development of effective mechanisms of risk management in entrepreneurial activity.Aktualni problemy ekonomiky, 5, 76-81 (in Ukrainian).
- Hsu, L., Fournier, S., & Srinivasan, S. (2016). Brand architecture strategy and firm value: how leveraging, separating, and distancing the corporate brand affects risk and returns. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 44(2), 261–280.
- Hurzhii, N.M. (2011). System of marketing risks in the activity of the enterprise. Visnyk Khmelnytskoho natsionalnoho universytetu, 6(4), 167-170 (in Ukrainian).
- Kaminska, B. (2018). Iterative signal processing in anticipatory management of industrial enterprise development. Virtual Economics, 1(1), 53-65. https://doi.org/10.34021/ve.2018.01.01(4)
- Kvilinskyi, O., & Kravchenko, S. (2016). Optimization of innovative project realization conditions. Zeszyty Naukowe Politechniki Poznanskiej. Organizacja i Zarzadzanie,70, 101-111. https://doi.org/10.21008/j.0239-9415.2016.070.07
- Kwilinski, A. (2018a). Mechanism for assessing the competitiveness of an industrial enterprise in the information economy. Research Papers in Economics and Finance, 3(1), 7-16. https://doi.org/10.18559/ref.2018.1.1
- Kwilinski, A. (2018b). Mechanism of formation of industrial enterprise development strategy in the information economy. Virtual Economics, 1(1), 7-25. https://doi.org/10.34021/ve.2018.01.01(1)
- Кwilinski, A. (2018c). Mechanism of modernization of industrial sphere of industrial enterprise in accordance with requirements of the information economy. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 4, 116-128. http://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2018.4-11
- Kwilinski, A., Dalevska, N., Kravchenko, S: Hroznyi, I,; & Kovalenko, I. (2019). Formation of the entrepreneurship model of e-business in the context of the introduction of information and communication technologies. Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, 22(S1), 1-7.
- Miskiewicz, R. (2019). Challenges facing management practice in the light of Industry 4.0: The example of Poland. Virtual Economics, 2(2), 37-47. https://doi.org/10.34021/ve.2019.02.02(2)
- Mykhailovska-Iasiuchenko, L.V. (2005). Teoretychni osnovy klasyfikatsii marketynhovykh ryzykiv pidpryiemstva [Theoretical basis of classification of marketing risks of the enterprise].Zovnishnia torhivlia: pravo ta ekonomika, 2(3), 177-182 (in Ukrainian).
- Oklander,T. O. (2012). Marketynhovi doslidzhennia tsinovykh ryzykiv promyslovoho pidpryiemstva [Marketing risks for the study of price risks of an industrial enterprise]. Problemy ekonomiky,3, 141-146(inUkrainian).
- Pajak, K., Kaminska, B., & Kvilinskyi, O. (2016). Modern trends of financial sector development under the virtual regionalization conditions. Financial and Credit Activity: Problems of Theory and Practice, 2(21), 204-217.
- Pappas, N. (2017). Risks and marketing in online transactions: a qualitative comparative analysis. Current Issues in Tourism, 20(8), 852-868. https://doi.org/10.1080/13683500.2016.1187586
- Saeidi, P., Saeidi, S.P., Sofian, S., Saeidi, S.P., Nilashic, M., & Mardani, A. (2019). The impact of enterprise risk management on competitive advantage by moderating role of information technology. Computer Standards & Interfaces,63, 67-82.
- Tarasova, H. (2018). Scientific and methodical approach to adaptive diversification of industrial enterprise development under crisis conditions. Virtual Economics, 1(1), 42-52. https://doi.org/10.34021/ve.2018.01.01(3)
- Tkachenko, V., Kwilinski, A., Korystin, O., Svyrydiuk, N., & Tkachenko, I. 2019. Assessment of information technologies influence on financial security of economy. Journal of Security and Sustainability, 8(3), 375-385.
- Vitlinskyy, V.V., & Skitsko, V.I. (2013). Kontseptualni zasady modeliuvannia ta upravlinnia lohistychnym ryzykom pidpryiemstva[Conceptual grounds of modelling and managing logistics risk of an enterprise]. Problemy ekonomiky,4, 246-253 (in Ukrainian).
- Zhao, S., & Zhu, Q. (2018). A risk-averse marketing strategy and its effect on coordination activities in a remanufacturing supply chain under market fluctuation. Journal of Cleaner Production, 171, 1290-1299. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.10.107