Cristina Gabriela Cosmulese,
Stefan cel Mare University (Romania)
Stefan cel Mare University (Romania)
Stefan cel Mare University (Romania)
Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University (Ukraine)
In the context of the information skills development programs that are being developed by the EU, there is an increasing interest in the acquisition and use of digital competences as an impact factor on the educational system at all its was levels. The present study aims to analyze the evolution of digital specializations generated by the digital evolution, in parallel with the development of the educational system, through a statistical analysis of the main indicators that have been reported at EU level on early education abandonment, employment rate of graduates, employment of IT specialists by gender, adult participation in gender-based learning, and other impact indicators that demonstrate the capacity of the population in the digital domain through the use of ICT solutions. The object of research were the statistical indicators reported for 2017 by Eurostat at the level of the European Union, for each member state of the union, obtaining a total of 29 statistical observations. The data were modelled through the GRETL statistical program, obtaining a model based on the smallest squares method in 2 phases. This paper shows that there is a need to assimilate the European approaches in the field of digital evolution, a necessity which varies according to the economic development of each member state, Romania being ranked in the chapter of assimilation of the objectives of the open education agenda in the second part of the European ranking, including based on the low absorption rates provided for Union programs in this area. The study theoretically proves and empirically confirms that the function obtained through modelling can be assimilated to the service demand function and can be integrated into the offer function harmonized with the information factor. This research study represents a contribution to the field of management of public utility companies and can be useful for educational institutions, students, the labour market and the general public, providing a starting point for further in-depth research in this area.
Keywords: educational system, digital revolution, economic development, EU Agenda
JEL Classification: O10, O40.
Cite as: Cosmulese, C.G., Grosu, V, Hlaciuc, E., Zhavoronok, A. (2019). The influences of the digital revolution on the educational system of the EU countries. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 242-254. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2019.3-18
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Abou El-Seoud, M. S.Taj-Eddin, A.T.F. I.; Seddiek, N., El-Khouly, M.M., & Nosseir, A. (2014). E-Learning and students’ motivation: a research study on the effect of e-learning on higher education, International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, 9(4), 20-26. Retrieved from http://www.online-journals.org/index.php/i-jet/article/viewFile/3465/3211
- Ahuja, P. (2015). The digital revolution and its impact on education, International Journal Of Business Management, 2(1), 1684-1692. Retrieved from http://www.ijbm.co.in/downloads/vol2-issue2/59.pdf.
- Badicu, G., & Mihaila, S. (2016). Study regarding the relevance of the accounting subjects in the economic vocational training of non-accountant specialists The Audit Financiar Journal, Chamber of Financial Auditors of Romania, 14(140), 897-897.
- Bennett, S. J., Maton, K. A. & Kervin, L. K. (2008). The ‘digital natives’ debate: a critical review of the evidence. British Journal of Educational Technology, 39 (5), 775-786. Retrieved from https://ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article =2465&context=edupapers.
- Benta, D., & Bologa, G., Dzitac, S., Dzitac I. (2015).University Level Learning and Teaching via E-Learning Platforms, Procedia Computer Science, 55, 1366 – 1373. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.07.123
- Burciu, A., & Kicsi, R. (2015). Knowledge as a distinctive resource of competitive advantage, Ecoforum Journal, 4.Retrieved fromhttp://ecoforumjournal.ro/index.php/eco/article/view/21
- Çakmak, T., Ozel, N., & Yılmaz, M. (2013). Evaluation of the open course ware initiatives within the scope of digital literacy skills: Turkish Open CourseWare Consortium Case, Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences. 83, 65-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2013.06.014
- Calvani, A., Fini, A. & Ranieri, M. (2009).Valutare la competenza digitale. Modelli teorici e strumenti applicativi [Evaluate digital competence. Theoretical models and application tools].TD-Tecnologie Didattiche, 48, 39-46.
- Ciubotariu, M.S. (2011). Etica şi moralitate în profesia contabila [Ethics and morality in the accounting profession], Umanism, Educaţie, Resurse Umane (UERU), 6-7 May, a „Ştefan cel Mare University of Suceava, Didactica şi Pedagogica, Bucharesti, ISBN 978-973-30-2933-5, pp. 221-228.
- Das, A. K. (2011). Emergence of open educational resources (OER) in India and its impact on lifelong learning. Library Hi Tech News, 28(5), 10-15. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/238599328_Emergence_of_open_ educational_resources_OER_in_India_and_its_impact_on_lifelong_learning.
- Dicusar, L., Dicusar, I. (2011). Impactul economic al tehnologiei informaţiei şi comunicaţiilor în educaţie [The economic impact of information and communication technology in education], Fizica si Tehnologiile Moderne Magazine, 9(1-2), 56-63. Retrieved from http://sfm.asm.md/ftm/vol9nr1-2/6%20tehnologia%20informatiei.pdf.
- European Commission (2018). Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions on the Digital Education Action Plan, Working Document, Brussels, Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/education/sites/education/files/swd-digital-education-action-plan.pdf.
- Fat, S., & Vlada, M. (2012). Consideraţii privind impactul programelor educaționale asupra culturii sociale a școlii [Considerations on the impact of educational programs on the social culture of the school]. Retrieved from http://www.icvl.eu/2012/disc/cniv/documente/pdf/sectiuneaA/sectiuneaA_lucrarea5.pdf
- Ferri, P. (2013). L’impatto della rivoluzione digitale e delle nuove tecnologie della comunicazione sui paradigmi epistemologici e sulle pratiche della didattica e della formazione [The impact of the digital revolution and new communication technologies on epistemological paradigms and on teaching and training practices]. Retrieved from http://www.novecento.org/dossier/la-storia-nellera-digitale/paolo-ferri-limpatto-della-rivoluzione-digitale-e-delle-nuove-tecnologie/. [
- Gilster, P. (1997). Digital literacy. New York: Wiley Computer Publications.
- Goulão, M. D., & Fombona, J., Digital Literacy and Adults Learners’ Perception: The Case of a Second Chance to University. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2012, 46, 350-355.
- Horizon Report Europe. (2014). Schools Edition examines trends, challenges, and technologies for their potential impact on and use in teaching, learning, and creative inquiry. Retrieved from http://publications.europa.eu/resource/cellar/1eda751c-a440-4b5e-8b53-04243d3ff8b3.0001.02/DOC_1.
- Iancu, S. (2005). Impactul social al utilizarii tehnologiei informaţiei şi comunicaţiilor [The social impact of the use of information and communication technology], Sociologie Magazine, XVI, 5 -6, 449–468. Retrieved from http://www.revistadesociologie.ro/pdf-uri/nr.5-6-2005/art2%20Stefan%20Iancu.pdf.
- Internet Users in the world by Regions (2019). Retrieved from https://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm
- Kakoty, S., Lal, M., & Sarma, S.K. (2011). E-learning as a research area: an analytical approach, international Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 2(9), 144-148. Retrieved from https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/8d18/ be2a55ac3c67142ec4093cd6386c1d395096.pdf
- Kapenieks, J. (2013). User-friendly e-learning environment for educational action research, Procedia Computer Science, 26, 121-142.
- Lane, A. (2010). Designing for innovation around OER. Journal of Interactive Media in Education, 1-10. Retrieved from https://www-jime.open.ac.uk/articles/10.5334/2010-2/.
- Mihaila, S., & Badicu, G. (2016). Necesitatea intercorelarii mediului universitar cu cel profesional [The need to interconnect the university with the professional one], Fostering Knowledge Triangle in Moldova Conference Proceedings, 81-87. Retrieved fromtoknowpress.net
- Nastase, C. (2012). The interactions between entrepreneurial education and business environment, The USV Annals of Economics and Public Administration, 12, 2(16), 7-12.
- National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved from http://www.insse.ro/cms/ro
- Prensky, M. (2001). Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants, part II: do they really Think Differently?, On the Horizon, 9(6),15-24.
- Shkarlet, S., Kholiavko, N., Dubyna, M., & Zhuk, O. (2019). Innovation, Education, Research Components of the Evaluation of Information Economy Development (as Exemplified by Eastern Partnership Countries). Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 70-83. http://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2019.1-06
- Socoliuc, M. (2016a). Interpretations related to the development of the economic and financial communication on a group level, Ecoforum Journal, 5. Retrieved from http://ecoforumjournal.ro/index.php/eco/article/view/443
- Socoliuc, M. (2016b). The Particularities Of Financial Communication In The Retails Companies, Ecoforum Journal, 5(2). Retrieved from http://www.ecoforumjournal.ro/index.php/eco/article/view/444
- The International Computer and Information Literacy Study (ICILS) Main findings and implications for education policies in Europe, 2014, Retrieved from http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/education_culture/repository/education/library/study/2014/ec-icils_en.pdf.
- Ţogoe G. D., Mateş, D., Manescu, D., & Mileva, V. (2013). Impact of ethical values promoted by professional accountants on the organizational culture, The Journal of the Faculty of Economics – Economic, Oradea, 1(1 (July), 1280-1285.
- Institutul Național de Statistică (2019). Statistical data. Retrieved from http://www.insse.ro/cms/ro