Ignacy Łukasiewicz Rzeszów University of Technology (Poland)
Ignacy Łukasiewicz Rzeszów University of Technology (Poland)
Odessa Institute of Trade and Economics of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics (Ukraine)
Volodymyr Vynnychenko Central Ukrainian State Pedagogical University in Kropyvnytskyi (Ukraine)
Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia) | Collegium Mazovia Innovative University in Siedlce (Poland)
The objective of the article is constructing of the two-factor model on the basis of the statistical material of the Webometric Rating of Universities, which analytically describes the status of Ukrainian higher educational institutions in terms of Webometrics indicators, provides an opportunity for its quantitative and qualitative analysis and forecasting of development trends of market educational services and marketing research in this area. The statistical analysis of the data of the Webometric Rating of Universities was conducted using the professional statistical information processing program STATGRAPHICS Centurion XV.I. Analytical relations are obtained using the Pade approximation technique. Mathematical editor Maple has been used to visualize the results of research and illustrate a qualitative picture of the rating of Ukrainian universities in the Internet space using the Webometric Indicators system. A two-factor model of the state and forecast of academic representation of Ukrainian universities according to Webometric rating is constructed. Using the proposed model, an analytical expression is obtained that allows for quantitative and qualitative assessments of the world ranking of higher educational institutions of Ukraine in the Web-indicators system Webometrix in order to increase their academic presence on the Internet, to strengthen the international authority and raise the national science school as a whole for a qualitatively new degree of development. The scientific novelty of the work is in the inclusion in the model of the time factor, the availability of which makes it possible, firstly, to extend the statistical material used in time and, secondly, to predict the trends and prospects of presentation in the Internet space of Ukrainian universities as advanced research centers. The main results of the work can be useful as a methodological material during the educational process in higher educational institutions, in the training and improvement of the skills of management personnel, in developing programs for reforming the educational process in higher education in order to bring it closer to European requirements and achieve the level of the best world universities. The presented methodology and data analysis algorithm can be generalized to evaluate rating systems of other nature: when evaluating students’ educational and community work, financial analysis, in particular, to assess the probability of default of non-lending organizations, to determine the reliability of commercial banks, to conduct sociological tests, and surveys, medical and biological research and other areas of public administration.
Keywords: higher educational institution, university, Webometric rating, Pade approximation, two-factor model
JEL Classification: C38, I23, M31.
Cite as: Kvitka, S., Starushenko, G., Koval, V., Deforzh, H., & Prokopenko, O. (2019). Marketing of Ukrainian higher educational institutions representation based on modeling of webometrics ranking. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 60-72. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2019.3-05
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Baker, G. A., & Graves-Morris, P. (1996). Pade approximants (2nd ed.). Cambridge, NY: Cambridge University Press.
- Bakhvalov, N. S., & Panasenko, G. P. (1989). Averaging processes in periodic media. Mathematical problems in mechanics of composite materials. Dordrecht: Kluwer.
- Buinytska, O., Stepura, I., & Smirnova, V. (2016). Webometrics Rating as Instrument for Quality Assessment of Open Educational E-environment University. An Open Educational E-environment of a Modern University, 2, 107-119.
- Harvey, L. (2008). Rankings of higher education institutions: A critical review. Quality in Higher Education, 14(3), 187-207.
- Kochetkova, O., Vavilina, N., &Charkina, O. (2016). Scientific and Educational Activities of Tertiary Institutions in Terms of International Indicators. Scientific and Technical Information, 2, 34-43.
- Koval, V., Duginets, G., Plekhanova, O., Antonov, A., & Petrova, M. (2019). On the supranational and national level of global value chain management. Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, 6(4), 1922-1937.
- Koval, V., Slobodianiuk, O., & Yankovyi, V. (2018). Production forecasting and evaluation of investments using Allen two-factor production function. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 4(1), 219-226. doi.org/10.30525/2256-0742/2018-4-1-219-226.
- Marginson, S. (2014). University rankings and social science. European Journal of Education, 49(1), 45-59.
- Morze, N., & Buinytska, O. (2015). Education Quality in Open E-environment Research. International Journal of Research in E-learning, 1(1), 27-46.
- Nelipa, D., & Batrymenko, O. (2018). Strategy, management model and educational scientific civil servants training program in postgraduate studies of the university. Naukovyi Visnyk NHU, 2, pp.178-183.
- New Ranking Webometrics (2018a). Edition 2018.1.0. Retrieved from http://webometrics.info/en/Europe/Ukraine
- New Ranking Webometrics (2018b). Edition 2018.2.1.3. Retrieved from http://webometrics.info/en/Europe/Ukraine
- Novak, O., Levchenko, L., Levchenko, I., & Kostenko, O. (2019). Features of Master’s Degree Programs in Ukraine: Formation of Administrative Competencies. Naukovyi Visnyk NHU, 1, pp.141-146.
- On the Higher Education (2014). Law of Ukraine no. 1556-VII dated July 1, 2014. Statements of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, 37-38, 2716.
- Porzionato M., & De Marco F. (2015). Excellence and Diversification of Higher Education Institutions’ Missions. In: Curaj A., Matei L., Pricopie R., Salmi J., Scott P. (eds). The European Higher Education Area. Springer, Cham.
- Ranking Web of Universities (2019). Methodology. Retrieved from http://webometrics.info/en/Methodology
- Rudenko, S., Sapenko, R., Bazaluk, O. & Tytarenko, V. (2018). Management features of international educational projects between universities of Poland and Ukraine. Naukovyi Visnyk NHU, 2, 142-147.
- Shin, J., Toutkoushian, R. (2011). The past, present, and future of university rankings. In University rankings. Theoretical basis, methodology and impacts on global higher education New York: Springer.
- Starushenko, G., & Bazylevskyi, S. (2018). Analysis of the International Ranking of Ukrainian Universities According to a Generalized Webometric Model in the Context of European Integration Processes in the Field of Education, 2018. Bulletin of Scientific Papers of Donetsk State University of Management, 19(305), 49-63.
- Tiutiunnyk, A., & Grytselyak, B. (2013). The Main Criteria and Indicators of the Webometrics Ranking of Universities in the World. Information Technology and Means of Teaching, 38(6), 234-244.
- Westerheijden, D. F. (2012). Towards a Better Ranking in Higher Education and Research: Critique of global university rankings and an alternative. Higher education forum, 9, 77-87.