National University ‘Lviv Polytechnic’ (Ukraine)
Lviv Ivan Franko National University (Ukraine)
National University ‘Lviv Polytechnic’ (Ukraine)
The article summarizes the arguments within the scientific challenge in choosing the innovation and investment strategy of machine-building enterprises. The main objective of the research is to develop a model for choosing the optimal strategy for innovation and investment development of machine-building enterprises, taking into account their level of investment attractiveness in the market and the level of innovative capacity as well. Systematization of theoretical and methodological material on the model of choosing the innovation and investment strategy of machine-building enterprises has given grounds to conclude that further research is required regarding the modelling issues based on the indicators of a sophisticated analysis of the investment attractiveness of the enterprise and determining its level of innovation potential in order to increase the efficiency of the domestic machine-building enterprises. The relevance of solving this problem is that it is the right choice of a particular type of innovation and investment strategy will help machine-building enterprises to improve the efficiency of their operation and to establish competitive positions in the market. The methodical tools of the research on the model of choosing the innovation and investment strategy are the matrix and convolution methods based on the fuzzy-set theory. The objects of the research JV «Spheros-Elektron» LLC, LEONI Wiring Systems UA GmbH and PJSC «Drohobych Truck Crane Plant» were chosen, because they reveal peculiarities of the machine-building enterprises’ operation in L’viv region. The paper presented the findings of the choice of appropriate innovation and investment strategies, which showed that PJSC «Drohobych Truck Crane Plant» has entered the zone of application of the strategy of innovation changes and is characterized by both low level of investment attractiveness and low level of the innovative potential. JV «Spheros-Elektron» LLC and LEONI Wiring Systems UA GmbH – both have entered the zone of application of the strategy of differentiation, characterized by an average level of investment attractiveness and a satisfactory level of innovation potential. However, according to the first parameter – the level of investment attractiveness of the company on the market, LEONI Wiring Systems UA GmbH has also approached and is close enough to the application of the opportunistic strategy. The research empirically confirms and theoretically proves that in order to remain on the market of PJSC «Drohobych Truck Crane Plant», it is necessary to modernize the products radically. Furthermore, the main tasks of implementing the differentiation strategy for «Spheros-Elektron» and «LEONI» should be: to invest in the activities of research institutions; to conduct consumer preferences analysis; the analysis of its production capacities; installation of new production lines according to the achievements of the technical progress; production output, which is in demand by the population; holding a capable advertising company. The results of the research can be useful for industrial enterprises in general and machine-building enterprises, in particular.
Keywords: fuzzy-set theory, innovation and investment strategies, machine-building enterprise, the model for the selection of the strategy, the strategy of innovation development.
JEL Classification: B41, C61, C80, D81, L69.
Cite as: Sorochak, O., Kvak, S., & Gvozd, M. (2020). The model for selection of innovation and investment strategy of machine-building enterprises: practical aspect. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 2, 68-84. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2020.2-05
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Akturk, B. K., & Kurt, M. (2016). An empirical study of the relationship between knowledge management practices and strategy formulation capabilities. Procedia–Social and Behavioral Sciences, 235, 739-745.
- Alyaa Adel Abd Elsalam Ibrahim & Abd El-Hamed Mostafa Abou Naem. (2019). The Impact of Strategic Information System and Strategic Design on Organization’s Competitiveness: A Field Study. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 18 (1), 1-12. Retrieved from https://www.abacademies.org/articles/The-impact-of-strategic-information-system-and-strategic-design-1939-6104-18-1-317.pdf
- Augsten, T., Brodbeck, H., & Birkenmeier, B. (2017). Strategie und Innovation. Die entscheidenden Stellschrauben im Unternehmen wirksam nutzen: Springer Gabler. [Google Scholar]
- Fishbern, P. (1981). Utility theory. In: J. Modera, S. Elmagrabi, ed. (1981). Investigation of operations. Methodological bases and mathematical method. Moscow: Peace. 448-480. Retrieved from [Google Scholar]
- Gaevskaya, L. (2017). Innovative potential of enterprise and its evaluation. Global and national problems of the economy. Retrieved from http://global-national.in.ua/archive/15-2017/38.pdf
- Goffin, K., Mitchell, R., 2017. Understanding Innovation and Innovation Management. Chapter published Innovation Management. pp. 1-40. [CrossRef]
- Gorelov, DODO, & Bol’ shenko, SFSF (2010). Enterprise Strategy. Kharkiv: Kharkiv National Automobile and Road University.
- Haustava, K. (2009). Theoretical principles of estimation of investment-innovative potential of the enterprise in the context of a strategic approach. Scientific herald of National Forestry University of Ukraine, 19 (4), 299-304. Retrieved from [Google Scholar]
- Izmailov, Yu., Znotina, D., Purii, G., 2017. Strategic priorities of the development of Ukraine’s innovations in the modern international economic environment. Scientific journal Polonia University, 24 (5), pp. 39-51. [CrossRef]
- Kağan, A., & Kurtb, M.(2016). An empirical study of the relationship between knowledge management practices and strategy formulation capabilities. 12th International Strategic Management Conference (ISMC 2016), Antalya, Turkey, 739-745. Retrieved from http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
- Kandeeva, V.V. (2014). Formation of innovation and investment strategy of an industrial enterprise in a competitive environment. Аuthor’s abstract Theses of the candidate of economic sciences: specialty 08.00.04 – economics and management of enterprises, Odessa: Odessa National Polytechnic University. Retrieved from [Google Scholar]
- Koretsky, M.H., Datsiy, O.I., & Dytyar, A.O. (2007). Strategic management. Kyiv: Center for Educational Literature.
- Krasnokutskaya, N.V. (2003). Innovation Management. Kyiv: Kyiv National Economic University
- Melnyk, Y., Voloshchuk, L., & Stepanova, T. (2019). Formation of Innovation-Investment Integration Strategy For Industry Development Under Globalization Conditions. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 4(5), 217-227. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Nakonechna, О. (2015). Formation and implementation of innovation and investment strategy of sustainable enterprise development. Economy and state. 4, 48-51. [Google Scholar]
- Nedosekin, A.O. (2003). Financial management on fuzzy sets. Moscow: Audit and financial analysis.
- Nekrasova, L.A., & Monich, O.V. (2014). Process of formation of innovative companies’ investment strategy and its problems. Scientific Herald of Kherson State University, 5 (2), 204-207. Retrieved from http://www.ej.kherson.ua/journal/economic_05/128.pdf
- Pisano, Gary P. (2015). You Need an Innovation Strategy. Harvard Business Review. [Electronic resource]. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2015/06/you-need-an-innovationstrategy.
- Potapov, D.K., & Evstafyeva, V.V. (2008). On methods for determining weighting factors in the task of assessing the reliability of commercial banks. Socio-economic position of Russia in new geopolitical and financial-economic conditions: realities and prospects of development, 5, 191-195. Retrieved from https://docplayer.ru/30124072-Potapov-d-k-evstafeva-v-v-o-metodikah-opredeleniya-vesovyh-koefficientov-v-zadache-ocenki-nadezhnosti-kommercheskih-bankov.html
- Rodionova, IVIV (2011). Assessment of scientific approaches in determining the innovation potential of enterprises. Economy of the industry, 56 (4), 12–16. Retrieved fromhttp://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/econpr_2011_4_34.
- Sainchuk, N., & Fed’kovych, Y. (2014). Theoretical foundations of investment climate formation in modern complex economic conditions. Ulletin of the Chernivtsi Trade and Economic Institute, 1 (economic sciences), pp. 297-305. Retrieved from http://www.chtei- knteu.cv.ua/herald/content/download/archive/2014/v1/ NV-2014-V1_38.pdf
- Skalyuk, R.V., & Loyik, O.I. (2016). Estimation of investment attractiveness of the enterprise. Bulletin of the Khmelnytsky National University, 1 (economic sciences), pp. 115–122. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Vchnu_ekon_2016_1_21
- Sorochak, O., & Gvozd, M. (2015). Methodology for evaluating the effectiveness of business processes of instrument making enterprises and choosing the appropriate type of their reengineering. Economic Space, 102, pp. 210-224. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/ecpros_2015_102_23
- Sorokolit, I.L. (2006). Innovation management. Ternopil: Ternopil National Economic University.
- Tsai, K. H., Liao, Y. C., & Hsu, T. T. (2015). Does the use of knowledge integration mechanisms enhance product innovativeness? Industrial Marketing Management, 46, 214-223. [CrossRef] [CrossRef]
- Tyutyunnik, V. (2013). Analysis of the investment attractiveness of the enterprise. Retrieved from https://n-auditor.com.ua/
- Vakhovych, I.M., Oleksandrenko, I.V., & Zabedyk, M.S. (2014). Methods of assessing the enterprise investment attractiveness. Actual Problems of Economics, 11(161), 154. [Google Scholar]
- Zadeh, L.A. (1978). Fuzzy sets as a basis for a theory of possibility. Fuzzy sets and systems, 1(1), 3-28. [Google Scholar]
- Zakharchenko, V.I., Korsikova, N.M., & Merkulov, M.M. (2012). Innovative Management: Theory and Practice in the Transformation of the Economy. Kiev: Center for Educational Literature, p. 448.
- Zakharkin, O.O., Kharchenko M.O., & Ivakhnova A.L. (2012). Estimation of innovative potential of the enterprise in the context of innovative development of regions. The mechanism of regulation of the economy, 4. Retrieved from http://mer.fem.sumdu.edu.ua/content/acticles/issue_9/_Zakharkin_M_O_Kharchenko_A_L_IvakhnovaEvaluation_of_innovation_potential_of_enterprises_in_the_context_of_innovation_dev.pdf