Azerbaijan State University of Economics (Azerbaijan)
Sumy State University (Ukraine)
Kaunas University of Technology (Lithuania)
The problem of the geopolitical stability of the country has always been the basis of sustainable economic development. CIS countries and their closest neighbours are the international centres where important transport and communication routes from Asia to Europe intersect. They have a wide range of various raw material reserves, which focuses the world community’s attention and builds a separate vector of economic relations. The transformation processes that have taken place in recent years in countries have been due to scientific and technological progress, the intensity of global innovation, and globalization trends, which encourage the country to move to a new level of development. This article summarizes the arguments and counterarguments within the scientific discussion on the place and prospects of CIS countries’ international economic position in the formation of the basis for innovative development. The main purpose of the study is to confirm the hypothesis about the functional links between foreign trade and investment activities of countries and the level of innovative development of the country according to the level of economical development. The study’s methodological tools were the methods of correlation-regression analysis and simultaneous structural equations, which allow formalizing both explicit and latent relationships between the studied objects. The study period was chosen from 2011 to 2018 because of statistical data availability. In this regard, the array of input data is presented in the form of regressors which identify the level of innovation development countries and three dependent variables (regressands) which indicate the dynamics of foreign trade turnover, doing business and total internal economic conditions. Besides, the variables from each defined block participate as both dependent and independent variables during the construction of the structural model. The results of the study could be useful for The Innovation Agencies, which are established under the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies of these countries that assist local business entities in acquiring modern technologies and technological solutions
Keywords: international economic relations, investments, export, import, foreign trade turnover, CIS countries, regression analysis, structural modelling
JEL Classification: F10, F30, O30.
Cite as: Huseynov, I. A., Illiashenko, T., & Petroke, I. (2021). Management of innovation development: critical evaluation of the international economic relations. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 266-277. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2021.1-20
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Agnihotri, A., & Arora, S. (2019). Study of Linkages Between Outward Foreign Direct Investment (OFDI) and Domestic Economic Growth: an Indian Perspective. Financial Markets, Institutions and Risks, 3(1), 43-49. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].
- Ahmmed, M. M., & Salim, Z. R. (2019). The Impact of Internet on the Youth Leadership. Business Ethics and Leadership, 3(3), 99-106. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Akimova, L. M., Akimov, O. O., & Liakhovich, O. O. (2017). State regulation of foreign economic activity. Scientific bulletin of Polissia, 1(4 (12)), 98-103.. [Google Scholar]
- Akimova, L., Akimov, O., Mihus, I., Koval, Y., & Dmitrenko, V. (2020). Improvement of the methodological approach to assessing the impact of public governance on ensuring the economic security of the state. Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice, 4(35), 180-190. [Google Scholar]
- Bardy, R., & Rubens, A. (2019). The Public Good of Internet Usage and its Social Impact: A Business Ethics Approach. Business Ethics and Leadership, 3(2), 63-71. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Bilan, Y., Brychko, M., Buriak, A., & Vasilyeva, T. (2019a). Financial, business and trust cycles: The issues of synchronization. Zbornik Radova Ekonomskog Fakultet au Rijeci, 37(1), 113-138. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Bilan, Y., Rubanov, P., Vasylieva, T., & Lyeonov, S. (2019b). The influence of industry 4.0 on financial services: Determinants of alternative finance development. Polish Journal of Management Studies, 19(1), 70-93. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Brychko, M., Bilan, Y., Lyeonov, S., & Mentel, G. (2020). Trust crisis in the financial sector and macroeconomic stability: a structural equation modelling approach. Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja, 1-28. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Buchynska, O., Davlikanova, O., Hofstetter, H., & Lylyk, L. (2020). The Ukraine-Based Employers’ Awareness of Dual Studies and Willingness to Engage into the Implementation of Education Innovations. Business Ethics and Leadership, 4(3), 137-144. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].
- Delanoy, N., & Kasztelnik, K. (2020). Business Open Big Data Analytics to Support Innovative Leadership and Management Decision in Canada. Business Ethics and Leadership, 4(2), 56-74. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Gatsi, J. G. (2020). Effects of International and Internal Remittanaces on Financial Inclusion in Ghana. Financial Markets, Institutions and Risks, 4(3), 109-123. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Goncharenko, T. (2020). From Business Modelling to the Leadership and Innovation in Business: Bibliometric Analysis (Banking as a Case). Business Ethics and Leadership, 4(1), 113-125. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Ibragimov, Z., Lyeonov, S., & Pimonenko, T. (2019a). Green investing for SDGS: EU experience for developing countries. Economic and Social Development: Book of Proceedings, 867-876. [Google Scholar]
- Ibragimov, Z., Vasylieva, T., & Lyulyov, O. (2019b). The national economy competitiveness: effect of macroeconomic stability, renewable energy on economic growth. 37th International Scientific Conference on Economic and Social Development – «Socio Economic Problems of Sustainable Development», 878-887. [Google Scholar]
- Kasztelnik, K., & Brown, D. (2020). The Observational Socio-Economic Study and Impact on the International Innovative Leadership in the United States. SocioEconomic Challenges, 4(4), 63-94. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].
- Kharazishvili, Y., Kwilinski, A., Grishnova, O., & Dzwigol, H. (2020). Social Safety of Society for Developing Countries to Meet Sustainable Development Standards: Indicators, Level, Strategic Benchmarks (with Calculations Based on the Case Study of Ukraine). Sustainability, 12(21), 8953. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12218953
- Kuzmenko, O., Lieonov, S., & Kashcha, M. (2020) Financial, economic, environmental and social determinants for Ukrainian regions differentiation by the vulnerability level to COVID-19. Financial and credit activity-problems of theory and practice, 3, 34. [Google Scholar]
- Kuznyetsova A. Ya., Zherebylo I. V., Klipkova O. I., Kozmuk N. I. (2019). Creation of the value of national enterprises with the help of the innovation centers in the cluster formations. Financial and credit activities: problems of theory and practice, 2(29), 391-402. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Kwilinski, A., & Kuzior, A. (2020). Cognitive Technologies in the Management and Formation of Directions of the Priority Development of Industrial Enterprises. Management Systems in Production Engineering, 28(2), 119-123. http://doi.org/10.1515/mspe-2019-0020
- Leonov, S., Demkiv, Y. M., & Samusevych, Y. (2018). Evaluation of banking services quality on the servqual approach basis: modern interpretation. Financial and Credit Activity-Problems of Theory and Practice, 2(25), 47-55. [CrossRef]
- Lyeonov, S., Kuzmenko, O., Bozhenko, V., Mursalov, M., Zeynalov, Z., & Huseynova, A. (2020). Forecasting the risk of money laundering through financial intermediaries. Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice, 4(35), 191-201. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].
- Lyulyov, O., Pimonenko, T., Kwilinski, A., Dzwigol, H., Dzwigol-Barosz, M., Pavlyk, V., & Barosz, P. (2021). The Impact of the Government Policy on the Energy Efficient Gap: The Evidence from Ukraine. Energies, 14(2), 373. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].
- Marcel, D. T. A. (2019). Impact of the Foreign Direct Investment on Economic growth on the Re-public of Benin. Financial Markets, Institutions and Risks, 3(2), 69-78. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].
- Mujtaba, B. G., Pellet, P. F., & Sungkhawa, J. (2019). Understanding the Interconnectedness of International Trade Theories: A Case in Point of Cuba in Transition. SocioEconomic Challenges, 3(1), 27-41. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Myroshnychenko, I., Makarenko, I., Smolennikov, D., & Buriak, A. (2019). The approach to managing corporate social and environmental responsibility in manufacturing. TEM Journal, 8(3), 740. [Google Scholar]
- Rausser, G., Strielkowski, W., Bilan, Y., & Tsevukh, Y. (2018). Migrant remittances and their impact on the economic development of the Baltic States. Geographica Pannonica, 22(3), 165-175. [CrossRef]
- Samoilikova, A. (2020). Financial Policy of Innovation Development Providing: The Impact Formalization. Financial Markets, Institutions and Risks, 4(2), 5-15. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].
- Shuquan H. (2018). The Transmission of International Food Commodity Prices to China. Financial Markets, Institutions and Risks, 2(3), 52-61. [Google Scholar] [Google Scholar]
- Strielkowski, W., & Höschle, F. (2016). Evidence for economic convergence in the EU: The analysis of past EU enlargements. Technological and Economic Development of Economy, 22(4), 617-630. [CrossRef]
- Strielkowski, W., Lisin, E., & Gryshova, I. (2016). Climate Policy of the European Union: What to Expect from the Paris Agreement? Romanian Journal of European Affairs, 16(4), 68-77. [Google Scholar]
- Tiutiunyk, I. V. (2018) Determination of Priority Financial Instruments of Regional Sustainable Development. International Journal of Ecology & Development, 33(3), 11-18. [Google Scholar]
- Umadia Sr, K., & Kasztelnik, K. (2020). The Financial Innovative Business Strategies of Small to Medium Scale Enterprises in Developing Country and Influence for the Global Economy Performance. SocioEconomic Challenges, 4(3), 20-32. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].
- Vorontsova, A., Vasylieva, T., & Mayboroda, T. (2020). The justification of the efficiency of financial support of education in the context of the national economy development. Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice, 3(34), 312-321. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].
- Vysochyna, A., Stoyanets, N., Mentel, G., & Olejarz, T. (2020). Environmental determinants of a country’s food security in short-term and long-term perspectives. Sustainability, 12(10), 4090. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].
- Yarovenko, H. M., Kuzmenko, O. V., & Stumpo, M. (2020). DEA-Analysis Of The Effectiveness Of The Country’s Information Security System. SocioEconomic Challenges, 4(3), 142-153. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].
- Zolkover, A., & Renkas, J. (2020). Assessing The Level Of Macroeconomic Stability Of EU Countries. SocioEconomic Challenges, 4(4), 175-182. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef].