PhD Student of the Department of Marketing and MIA, Sumy State University
The aim of the article. The aim of the study is to determine the stages by which it is possible to select among existing marketing channels of the enterprise ones that would be best to use in innovative products’ distribution.
The results of the analysis. The author proposes stages by following which it is possible to choose marketing channels for the innovative products’ distribution at industrial enterprises.
At the first stage of marketing channels’ selection diagnostics of marketing distribution policy actual state is held. It allows to identify shortcomings in the distribution system and to identify areas of its improvement in order to bring the finished products to customers in the best conditions.
At the second stage the assessment of enterprise’s existing marketing channels is provided. The assessment helps to define marketing channels of the enterprise and the type of innovative products that can be distributed via them.
The third stage provides the selection of the most relevant marketing channels among existing channels at the enterprise. Those channels are expected to spread innovative products. The selection is based on qualitative assessment.
A qualitative assessment of the marketing channel of innovative products is made by following criterias:
– target market of innovative product and market on which channel operates;
– compliance of innovative product to the range of products which are distributed via the channel;
– actions for advance of an innovative product;
– willingness of participants in channel to distribute innovative product;
– level of expenses for distribution of innovative product via the channel;
– risk at distribution of innovative products in the channel.
The last, fourth stage involves selection of management strategies for marketing channels of innovative product.
Conclusions and directions of further researches. Thus, the proposed sequence of stages of innovative products’ marketing channels choice allows to evaluate existing channels of enterprise and to choose those of them which are most relevant to the specific of enterprise’s innovation. Also it allows to identify appropriate strategic marketing activities with choosen marketing channels.
These results identify area for further researches which is development of theoretical and methodological approaches to evaluation the effectiveness of innovative products’ distribution via selected marketing channels.
Keywords: marketing channel, diagnostics, innovative products, strategy, choice
JEL Classification: M30, M31.
Cite as: Syhyda, L. (2014). Selection of marketing channels for the distribution of industrial enterprises’ innovative products . Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 192-200. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2014.1-19
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Bilovodska, O.A. (2012). Vybir tovarovyrobnykom marketynhovoho kanalu yak zasib zabezpechennia yoho innovatsiinoho rozvytku [Choosing a commodity producer marketing channel as a means of ensuring of its innovative development]. Ekonomichna bezpeka natsionalnoi ekonomiky: investytsiino-innovatsiinyi aspekt – The economic security of the national economy: investment and innovative aspect. (pp. 294-309). (Hryshchenko I.M., Denysenko M.P., Hrechan A.P., Loiko V.V. Eds.). Donetsk: RVV. DVNZ «DonNTU» [in Ukrainian].
- Belovodskaia, E.A., & Sihida, L.A. (2013). Formirovanie teoretiko-metodicheskoho podkhoda k otsenke sostoianiia marketinhovykh kanalov raspredeleniia na promyshlennykh predpriiatiiakh [formation of theoretical and methodical approach to the assessment of conditions of marketing distribution channels at industrial enterprises]. Problemy sovremennoi nauki – Problems of modern science, Vol. 8, 1, 123-132. Stavropol: Lohos [in Russian].
- Hertsyk, V.A. (2008). Kryterii otsinky kanalu rozpodilu [Evaluation criteria for distribution channel]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky – Actual problems of economics, 4 (82), 123-129 [in Ukrainian].
- Hertsyk, V.A., Fedorova, Yu.K. (2007). Marketynhova polityka rozpodilu [Marketing policy of distribution]. Luhansk: Vyd-vo SNU im. V. Dalia [in Ukrainian].
- Dudiak, P.P., Bihul, S.Ya., Dudiak, O.R. (2009). Marketynhove zabezpechennia konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstv u formuvanni yikh zbutovoi polityky [Marketing ensuring of enterprises’ competitiveness in their marketing policy forming]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu «Lvivska politekhnika». Lohistyka – Bulletin of National University «Lviv Polytechnic». Logistics, 649, 268-275 [in Ukrainian].
- Duplenko, N.H., & Kharichkova, E.V. (2011). Formirovanie sistemy raspredeleniia produktsii mashinostroitelnoho predpriiatiia [Formation of product distribution system of machine building enterprise]. Upravlenie kanalami distributsii – Management of distribution channels, 02(26), 108-125 [in Russian].
- Korolchuk, O.P., Syvanenko, H.P., & Toropkov, V.M. (2010). Formuvannia kanaliv rozpodilu v marketynhovii diialnosti torhovelnykh pidpryiemstv [Formation of distribution channels in marketing activities of commercial enterprises].Sbornik nauchnykh trudov «Vestnik NTU «KhPI». Tekhnichnyi prohres ta efektyvnist vyrobnytstva – Collection of scientific papers «Bulletin NTU «KPI». Technological progress and efficiency. Retrieved from http://www.kpi.kharkov.ua/archive/2010/62/2_10.pdf [in Ukrainian]
- Luhunova, D.O., & Kotova, M.V. (2008). Shliakhy vyboru optymalnoh kanalu zbutu [Selection of optimal distribution channel]. Trudy Odesskoho politikhnicheskoho universiteta – Works of the Odessa polytechnic university, 1 (29), 266-269 [in Ukrainian].
- Pustynnikova, Yu. (2004). Vybor kanalov raspredeleniia i stimulirovanie distribiutorov [Selection of distribution channels and distributors’ promotion]. Upravlenie prodazhami – Sales Management, 3 (16), 20-26 [in Russian].
- Samorodov, V.B., & Tiutiunnykova, I.A. (2010). Metodyka vyboru optymalnykh kanaliv rozpodilu v lohistychnii merezhi [Methods of optimal distribution channels selection in the logistics network]. Skhidno-yevropeiskyi zhurnal peredovykh tekhnolohii – Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, Vol. 1, 7 (43), 6-9 [in Ukrainian].
- Syhyda, L.O. (2013). Vplyv marketynhovoho seredovyshcha pidpryiemstva na protses rozroblennia marketynhovoi polityky rozpodilu [Influence of enterprise’s marketing environment on process of development of marketing distribution policy]. Ekonomichnyi chasopys – XXI – The Economic Annals-XXI, 7-8(2), 28-32 [in Ukrainian].