Candidate of Economic Sciences, Assistant Professor of the Department of Marketing and MIA, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
Doctor of Economics, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship of Technical-Humanistic Academy (Bielsko-Biala, Poland), Professor of the Economic Theory Department, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
Student of the Faculty of Economics and Management, Sumy State Universitу (Sumy, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. The aim of the article is to identify the characteristics of decision-making in innovation, analysis of foreign experience such decisions and the possibility of using this experience in domestic practice.
The results of the analysis. At present it is impossible to imagine any area of our life without innovation. But according to statistics, 10 launched of 8 new products fail. The majority of the causes of the failure of marketed goods are due to shortcomings in the field of marketing.
Decision-making in the innovation area has its own characteristics associated primarily with a high degree of risk and uncertainty, as well as creative, intuitive and non-standard nature of these decisions.
The analysis found that among academics, there are many approaches to the formation stages of decision-making. But all these approaches boil down to one thing – the problem solving is required. This article conclusions that in innovation is better to use an approach that includes the following decisions: market research market needs; analysis and selection of innovation; assessment of the results of research to the real state of things; analysis of the causes of non-compliance and the development of proposals for changes in adverse situations; analysis of the ranking of innovative design; technical and economic evaluation of the chosen solution; selection of a specific decision.
The article analyzes the experience of developed countries to adopt management decisions as an example of innovative financing sector. Based on this analysis, one can conclude that Ukraine should pursue support domestic producers innovation and improve mechanisms state financial support for research and development, taking into account the experience in these matters countries more effectively implement and use innovations.
Conclusions and directions of futher researches. The urgency of developing and implementing management decisions in the sphere of innovations is related to unresolved issues relating primarily current economic situation in Ukraine. Timely application of sound management decisions in innovation will enable entities to respond to the situation in its internal and external environments, quickly adapt to the different changes and gain significant competitive advantage. Availability of qualified innovative managers help organizations reduces costs; minimize risks and errors while promoting innovative technologies, the development of products and services, new business ideas. In terms of restructuring actualized the need for creation of new mechanisms for decision-making in innovation management based on the innovative capacity and innovation in the enterprise environment.
Ukraine, as a country that is not yet fully adapted to today’s market changes, it is imperative to consider and learn from the experience of developed countries, while adjusting to fit their characteristics (financial security, economic status, priority sector).
To improve the practical application of various types and models of management decisions in the innovation sphere in Ukraine should first establish legislation that should allow developing and learning from the experience of developed countries.
Keywords: managerial decision, innovative sphere, dynamic development, innovative activity, innovation
JEL Classification: D70, D79, D81, O31.
Cite as: Hryshchenko, O., Klisinski Ja. & Akhrameieva, M. (2014). Research of the managerial decision-making conditions in the innovative sphere. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 2, 136-150. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2014.2-12
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Bіlovodska, O.A., & Hryshchenko, O.F. (2012). Rozroblennia methodichnoho pіdhodu shchodo vybora marketynhovoho іnnovatsіinoho rishennia z mnozhyny іsnuiuchykh alternatyv [Development of methodical approach to the selection of innovative marketing solutions for the set of existing alternatives]. Rozvytok suchasnoi logіstyko-orіentovanoi ekonomіky: zbirnuk naykovykh prats Donetskoho derzhavnoho unіversitetu upravlіnnia – The development of modern logistics-oriented economy: Collected Works, Donetsk State University of Management. (pp. 348-357). Donetsk: DSU [in Ukrainian].
- Horodova, I.B. (n.d.). Razvitiie theorii upravleniia priniatiia reshenii functionirovaniia rynka innovattsii [Development of the theory of decision-making control of market innovation functioning]. economics.open-mechanics.com. Retrieved from: http://economics.open-mechanics.com/articles/383.pdf [in Russian].
- Hryshchenko, O.F. (2012). Systemnii analіz sutnostі ta protsess pryiniattia іnnovatsіinykh rіshen u systemі upravlіnnia pіdpryiemstvamy [System analysis of the nature and process of making innovative solutions in the management of enterprises]. Mehanіzm stratehіchnoho upravlіnnia іnnovatsіinym rozvytkom – The mechanism of strategic management of innovative development. O.A. Bіlovodska (Ed.). Sumy: Unіversitetska knyha [in Ukrainian].
- Hrishchenko, O.F. (2011). Іnnovatsіine rіshennia – kliuchovyi factor zabezpechennia staloho rozvytku suchasnoho pіdpryiemstva [Innovative solutions as a key factor for sustainable development of the modern enterprise]. Marketynh i menedzhment іnnovatsіi – Marketing and management of innovations, 1, 120-127 [in Ukrainian].
- Zaika, S.V. (n.d.). Sutnіst іnnovatsіinykh rіshen v umovah ryzyku i nevyznachenostі [The essence of innovation decision making under risk and uncertainty]. www.rusnauka.com. Retrieved from http://www.rusnauka.com/4_SND_2013/Economics/10_127159.doc.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Kazak, A.N. (2010). Perspektyvy іnnovatsіino-tehnolohіchnoho rozvytku ekonomіki na natsіonalnomu i rehіonalnomu rіvniakh [Prospects for technological innovation and economic development at the national and regional levels]. Vistnyk SevNTU – Bulletin of SevSTU [in Ukrainian].
- Komkov, N.I., Yeroshkin, S.Yu., & Mamonthova, N.H. (2008). Poetapnyi mekhanism analiza, ottsenki i otbora proektov [Stepwise mechanism of projects’ analysis, evaluation and selection]. Problemy prohnozirovaniia – Problems of prediction, 6, 82-86 [in Russian].
- Krechetov, A.H. Innovatsionnoie upravleniie predpriiatiiem [Innovative enterprise management]. (n.d.). On-line biblioteka. Retrieved from http://www.xserver.ru/user/inupp/ [in Russian].
- Mykytiuk, P.P. (2006). Іnnovatsyіnyi menedzhment [Innovative Management]. Ternopil: Ekonomichna Dumka [in Ukrainian].
- Oholeva, L.N. (2004). Innovatsionnyi menedzhment [Innovative Management]. Moscow [in Russian].
- Sitnikova, D.S. (n.d.). Protsedura priniatiia upravlencheskoho reshenia v oblasti innovatsii [Management decision procedure in the field of innovation]. www.mai.ru. Retrieved from http://www.mai.ru/events/sfiro/articles/sec7/sitnikova.doc [in Russian].
- Tumalev, A.V., & Shamina, L.K. (2011). Traditsii, innovattsii i prichiny neudach innovattsii [Traditions, innovations and causes of innovations’ failures]. www.ibl.ru. Retrieved from http://www.ibl.ru/konf/070411/10.html [in Russian].
- Uliashyna, S.Yu. (2003). Priniatiie upravlencheskikh reshenii po ispolizovaniiu intelektualnoi sobstvennosti pri razrabotke innovatsionnykh proektov i bizness-planirovanii [Managerial decision-making on the use of intellectual property in the development of innovative projects and business planning]. Audit i finansovyi analis – Audit and financial analysis, 3. Retrieved from http://www.auditfin.com/fin/2007/3/Ulyashina/Ulyashina%20.pdf [in Russian].
- Shakhbazov, A.Sh. (2012). Іnnovatsіinyi menedzhment. Prichiny neudach v Rossii [Innovative Management. Reasons for failure in Russia]. delovoymir.biz. Retrieved from http://delovoymir.biz/2012/03/22/innovacionnyy-menedzhment-prichiny-neudarossii.html [in Russian].
- Sari, Stenfors, & Leena, Tanner. (2006). High-level Decision Support in Companies: Where is the Support for Creativity and Innovation? Creativity and Innovation in Decision Making and Decision Support, 1st edition, Vol. 1, 222 [in English].
- Barrett, R. (2010). The Six Modes of Decision-Making. www.valuescentre.com. Retrieved from http://www.valuescentre.com/uploads/2010-07-06/Six%20Modes%20of%20Decision%20Making.pdf [in English].