Doctor of Economics, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Marketing, Zaporizhzhya National Technical University (Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. The aim of the article is to offer the method of estimation of region transport clusterization possibilities.
The results of the analysis. The row of indexes is offered for the possibilities estimation of region transport clusterization: coefficient of transport industry localization on the territory of region; coefficients of territorial transit; coefficients of an interregional transport specialization; coefficient of transportation volumes on one inhabitant of the region. For realization of calculations data there is a need to take on the average for 5-6 last years. Than the nearer got values of coefficients are to unit, the probability of a region transport clusterization is higher. The results of calculation of a transport industry localization coefficient on the territory of Zaporizhzhya area testify to high enough degree of transport industry localization on the region territory. The values of territory transit coefficients also testify to high transit possibilities of Zaporizhzhya region territory, which are used incompletely. The coefficient of an interregional transport specialization allows, at first, to analyse the change of every type of region transport ponderability in the scales of country during the certain period of time; secondly, to define the type of transport, which conducts in a region. The expected coefficients of a transport specialization specify on the advantage of motor and river transport. In addition, the part of motor transport did not almost change during the investigated period, while the coefficient of a transport specialization of Zaporizhzhya region on an aviation transport diminished substantially. According to calculations the final coefficient of region transport clusterization potential estimation specifies on high enough possibilities of transport cluster creation in the Zaporizhzhya region. Therefore the possibility of interregional transport cluster creation is considered, the functioning of which will be based on principles of comprehensive connections, community and accordance. Pre-condition of interregional transport cluster forming must be results of analysis of nearby regions (in particular, Dnepropetrovsk area) in relation to the state of a transport infrastructure, possibility of a region transport clusterization, determination of leading type of transport in a region. It will allow to find out the expediency of interregional transport cluster creation, and in the case of positive answer – to define strategy of development, kernel and mechanism of cluster functioning.
Conclusions and directions of further researches. Conducted estimation of Zaporizhzhya region transport clusterization possibilities based on the calculation of transport industry localization coefficient, the coefficient of territorial transit, the coefficients of an interregional transport specialization after the volumes of realized services and after the types of transport, the coefficient of transportation volumes on one inhabitant of region, allows to assert that the Zaporizhzhya area has high enough indexes of transit possibilities, which are used not enough for today. Therefore the creation interregional transport cluster is expedient, functioning of which will be built on the principles of comprehensive connections, community and accordance. The offered algorithm of interregional transport cluster forming clearly shows the sequence of steps, which is preceded to the development of cluster functioning model.
Keywords: transit potential of region, transport clusterization, transport complex, coefficient of transit, interregional transport cluster
JEL Classification: O18, R49.
Cite as: Lyfar, V. (2014). Estimation of possibilities of region transport clusterization. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 130-141. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2014.3-13
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Sokolenko, S.I. (2002). Proizvodstvennye sistemy hlobalizatsyi: Seti. Aliansy. Partnerstva: Ukr. kontekst [Productive systems of globalization: Networks. Alliances. Partnerships. Clusters: Ukrainian Context]. Kyiv: Lohos [in Russian].
- Voinarenko, M. (2008). Klastery yak poliusy zrostannia konkurentospromozhnosti rehioniv [Clusters as the poles of regions’ competitiveness growth]. Ekonomist – Economist, 10, 27-30 [in Ukrainian].
- Dubnitskii, V.I. (2009). Ekonomichnii klaster yak forma prostorovoi orhanizatsii vyrobnychyh syl [Economic cluster as a form of spatial organization of productive forces]. Prometei – Prometej, 3(30), 60-65 [in Ukrainian].
- Mikula, N.A., & Baziliuk, V.B. (2011). Suchasni pidhody do vyznachennia sutnosti ta klasyfikatsii klasteriv [The modern approaches to the determination of essence and classification of clusters]. Naukovi zapysky – Scientific notes, 1, 138-145 [in Ukrainian].
- Hrytsenko, S.I. (2011). Stratehiia rozvytku transportno-lohistychnyh klasteriv v Ukraini [Strategy of transport-logistic clusters development in Ukraine]. Extended abstract of Doctor’s thesis. Donetsk: DonIEPD [in Ukrainian].
- Hodia, І.M. (2009). Formuvannia transportno-lohistychnoho klasteru Zakarpattia v kontesti rozvytku transkordonnoho spivrobitnytstva Ukrainy [The transport-logistic cluster forming of Zakarpattia in the context of development of transfrontal collaboration of Ukraine]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Uzhhorod: UNU [in Ukrainian].
- Kryzhanovskyi, S.V. (2007). Metodicheskie osnovy formirovaniia morskoho klastera v Ukraine [Methodical bases of the marine cluster forming in Ukraine]. Ekonomicheskie innovatsyi – Economic innovations, 32, 130-137 [in Russian].
- Belousov, N.A., & Savenko, I.I. (2000). Tranzitnost mahistralei mezhdunarodnykh transportnykh koridorov Ukrainy: kriterii i osnovnye pokazateli ee otsenki [Transit of Ukrainian International Transport Corridors Highways: Criteria and Basic Indexes of its Estimation]. Ekonomicheskie innovatsii. – Economic Innovations, 8, 34-47 [in Russian].
- Porter, M.E. (1998). Clusters and the New Economics of Competition. Harvard Business Review, 77-90 [in English].
- Ketels, C., Lindgvist, G., & Solvell, O. (2006). Cluster Initiatives in Developing and Transition Economies . Stockholm: Center for Strategy and Competitiveness, 1-st ed. [in English].
- Price, W. (2008). Conceptual Approaches For the Clusters Formation in Khmelnytsky Region. Ekonomist – Economist, 10, 24-26 [in English].
- Lyfar, V.V. (2014). Orhanizatsiino-pravovi aspekty formuvannia transportnoho klasteru v rehioni [Organizational and legal aspects of region transport cluster forming]. Marketynh i menedgment innovatsii. – Marketing and Management of Innovations, 2, 188-196 [in Ukrainian].
- Kalachova, I.V. (Eds.). (2013). Diialnist pidpryemstv sfery posluh. Statystychnyi biuleten [Activity of service business enterprises. Statistical bulletin]. Kyiv: Derzhavna sluzhba statistiki Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
- Sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy. Publikatsiia dokumentiv [Site of Government of Ukraine Statistics. Publication of Documents]. ukrstat.org. Retrieved from http://ukrstat.org/uk/operativ/menu/menu_u/tiz.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Holoveshko, V.P. (Eds.). (2013). Transport i zviazok Zaporizkoi oblasti: statystychnyi zbirnyk [Transport and connection of the Zaporizhzhya area: statistical collection]. Zaporizhzhia: Derzhkomstat Ukrainy. Holovne upravlinnia statystyky Zaporizkoi oblasti [in Ukrainian].
- Osaulenko, O.H. (Eds.). (2011). Rehiony Ukrainy 2011: statystychnyi zbirnyk [Regions of Ukraine 2011: statistical collection]. (Vol. 1-2). Kyiv: Derzhavna sluzhba statistiki Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
- Lyfar, V.V. (2014). Obhruntuvannia vyboru marketynhovoi stratehii vykorystannia tranzytnoho potencialu rehionu [Substantiation of marketing strategy choice of region transit potential use]. Ekonomichnyi analiz – Economic Analysis, 16(1), 86-93 [in Ukrainian].