Doctor of Economics, Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Management, Head of the Department of Economic Theory, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine), Dr. hab, Professor, University of Economics and Humanities (Bielsko-Biala, Poland)
Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Economic Theory, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. The object of the article is to create economic and organizational institutional grounds of the environmental management.
The results of the analysis. The system of the environmental management is the system of subjects’ actions (international, state, regional, local bodies, organization management apparatus) concerning objects (state and regional policy, enterprise policy, producing processes and processes of production consuming) to use natural resources with purpose to rationalize and to optimize their use. As the activity, connected with natural resources using, is the reason of pollution, the control of the processes is connected with concept “environmental protection management”. Together these two interconnected spheres of the managerial activity form the essence of the concept “environmental management”.
The system of the environmental management possesses the following peculiarities: it is open and simultaneously able to control environment impact; establishes and transforms its exist targets concerning changes in the systems of higher level; forms its own development mechanisms based on choice of evolutionary directions taking into account self-protection and homeostatic principles.
Authors suggest to observe organizational and economic mechanism of the environmental management as a system of organizational, economic, legislative and regulative acts, methods and instruments, which influence the ecological and economic system development level with purpose to achieve expected social ecological and economic results on state, regional and local levels. Therefore regional environmental management is subjected to the state control, because social and state institutes have regulative and stimulating impact on the country regions. Environmental management is subjected to the regional control on the level of the separate economy subject. At the same time the back action is observed between mentioned levels by means of information.
The environmental management system foresees to use several instruments (their actions is based on the positive and forced motivation of the ecological and economic activity subjects), which are generalized through methods and tools (organizational – are neutral by motivational impact; administrative – are methods of the forced motivation; economic and social and psychological – are methods of the positive motivation) of the ecological security on the marketing grounds.
Conclusions and directions of futher researches. To achieve qualitatively new environmental management level depends on development of its institutional provision system, which is reveled through correspondent organizational and economic mechanism activity. Organizational and economic mechanism of the environmental management is the multilevel hierarchic system. The action of the mentioned mechanism upper level is defined through state regulation and stimulation mechanisms. These mechanisms are external concerning meso- and micro-levels, and in some degree regulate market mechanisms actions. At the same time there is feedback between mentioned levels. That’s why their elements (mechanisms) in the partial planning, organization, price setting and stimulation are faced and crossed, mutually completing each other. Thus, deepen conceptual approaches concerning environmental management, made by authors, will allow to investigate innovative model of the national economy development taking into account the environmental management system institutional potential in further researches.
Keywords: ecological and economic system, ecologization, environmental management, organizational and economic mechanism, institutional provision
JEL Classification: Н79, Q28, Q38.
Cite as: Prokopenko O. & Shkola, V. (2014). Economic and organizational institutional grounds of the environmental management. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 197-205. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2014.3-19
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Balatskii, O.F. (2007). Antolohiia ekonomiki chistoi sredy [Anthology of the net economy]. Sumy: ITD «Universitetskaia kniha» [in Russian].
- Burkov, V.N., Novikov, D.A., & Schepkin, A.V. (2008). Mehanizmy upravleniia ekoloho-ekonomicheskimi sistemami [Mechanisms for managing ecological-economic systems]. Moscow: Izdatelstvo fiziko-matematicheskoi literatury [in Russian].
- Bystriakov, I.K. (2004). Ekolohicheskaia bezopasnost: otsenka i upravlenie prostranstvom razvitiia hoziaistvennyh sistem [Environmental safety: assessment and management of space development of economic systems]. Ekonomika prirodokoristuvannia i ohorony dovkillia – Environmental Economics and the Environment. (pp. 6-16). Kyiv: RVPS Ukrayini NAN Ukrayini [in Russian].
- Veklych, O. (1998). Udoskonalennia ekonomichnyh instrumentiv ekolohichnoho upravlinnia v Ukraini [Improving economic instruments of environmental governance in Ukraine]. Ekonomika Ukrainy – Economy of Ukraine, 9, 65-74 [in Ukrainian].
- Halushkina, T.P. (2000). Ekonomicheskie instrumenty ekolohicheskoho menedzhmenta (teoriia i praktika) [Economic instruments for environmental management (theory and practice)]. Odessa [in Russian].
- Herasymchuk, Z.V., & Oleksik, A.O. (2007). Ekolohichna bezpeka rehionu: diahnostyka i mekhanizm zabezpechennia [Environmental security in the region: diagnosis and mechanism to ensure]. Lutsk: Nadstiria [in Ukrainian].
- Dorohovtseva, A.A. (2005). Stratehiia upravleniia prirodopolzovaniem i ohranoi okruzhaiuschei sredy v rehione [The strategy of environmental management and environmental protection in the region]. Volohda [in Russian].
- Zakon Ukrainy «Pro ohoronu navkolyshnoho pryrodnoho seredovyscha» (Zi zminamy ta dopovnenniamy) [Law of Ukraine on Environmental Protection (as amended)]. Retrieved from http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1264-12 [in Ukrainian].
- Ivanova, T.V. (2011). Mehanizm upravlinnia pryrodokorystuvanniam i ekolohichnoiu bezpekoiu [The mechanism of environmental management and environmental safety]. Naukovyi visnyk akademii munitsypalnoho upravlinnia – Scientific Bulletin of the Academy of Municipal management, series, 1, 103-110 [in Ukrainian].
- Kniazeva, E.N., & Kurdiumov, S.P. (2002). Osnovaniia sinerhetiki [Foundations of Synergetics]. St. Petersburg: Aleteia [in Russian].
- Melnik, L.H., Boronos V.N., & Iliashenko S.M. (1996). Ekonomicheskie instrumenty prirodoohrannoi politiki v Ukraine [Economic instruments of environmental policy in Ukraine]. Zaochnyi kurs ekolohicheskoho menedzhmenta dlia rabotnikov horodskih samoupravlenii Rossii i Ukrainy – Correspondence Course Environmental Management for employees of urban governments of Russia and Ukraine. (pp. 296-308). Fraiburh-Sumy: Manuscript [in Russian].
- Prihozhyi, I., & Stenhers, I. (1986). Poriadok iz haosa: novyi dialoh cheloveka s prirodoi [Order out of chaos: Man’s new dialogue with nature]. Moscow: Prohress [in Russian].
- Reimers, N.F. (1992). Kontseptualnaia ekolohiia. Nadezhdy na vyzhivanie chelovechestva [Conceptual ecology. Hopes for the survival of humanity]. Moscow [in Russian].
- Saimon, H. (2001). Administratyvna povedinka: doslidzhennia protsesiv priiniattia rishen v organizatsiiah, scho vikonuiut administratyvni funktsii [Administrative behavior: a study of decision-making processes in organizations that perform administrative functions. ]. Kyiv: Artek [in Ukrainian].
- Slavkova, O.P. (2012). Institutsiine zabezpechennia staloho rozvitku silskyh terytorii [Institutional support for sustainable rural development]. Kyiv: Instytut zakonodavstva Verkhovnoi rady Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
- Melnik, L.H., & Hens, L. (2007). Sotsialno-ekonomicheskii potentsial ustoichivoho razvitiia [Socio-economic potential of sustainable development]. Sumy: ITD «Universitetskaia kniha» [in Russian].
- Tambovtsev, V.L. (2006). Novaia institutsionalnaia ekonomicheskaia teoriia i menedzhment [New institutional economics and management]. Rossiiskii zhurnal menedzhmenta – Russian management journal, Vol. 4, 1, 123-130 [in Russian].
- Himinets, V.V. (2013). Instytutsiini osnovy staloho rozvytku Karpatskoho rehionu v konteksti synoi ekonomiky [The institutional framework for sustainable development of the Carpathian region in the context of a blue economy]. Stalyi rozvytok ekonomiky – Sustainable economic development, 3(20), 161-165 [in Ukrainian].
- Yanshyna, A.M. (2013). Instytutsiini i finansovi aspekty realizatsii kontseptsii staloho rozvitku u mezhah Evropeiskoho Soiuzu [Institutional and financial aspects of the concept of sustainable development within the European Union]. Ekonomichnyi prostir – Economic space, 74, 63-72 [in Ukrainian].
- Calvert, L., Fisher, & Mandelbrot, B. (1997). The Multifractal Model of Asset Returns. Discussion papers of the Cowles Foundation for Economics, 114-1166, 12-27 [in English].