Mishenin Yevgen Vasyliovych,
Doctor of Economics, Professor, Professor of the Theoretical and Applied Economics Department, SHEI ‘Ukrainian Academy of Banking of the National Bank of Ukraine’ (Sumy, Ukraine)
Mishenina Nataliia Viktorivna,
Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of Economics and Business Administration Department, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. The authors formulate methodological foundations that define organizational and innovative basis for cluster structures formation in the field of waste management. Using the cluster approach in terms of regional ecological-economic problems in the field of waste management solution causes necessity to focus on the definition of “cluster”. It should be mentioned that system of important components in the process of ecological and economic problems in the field of waste management solving, such as specialization of production, the processes of combination, concentration and association of business potentials of enterprises and government agencies, authorities, is necessary organizational and economic condition for cluster approach implementation.
The results of the analysis. The basic processes of creating integrated business structures in the field of waste management should include a system of organizational, economic, financial, social and environmental activities at different hierarchical levels of governance: national, sectorial, regional (territorial), as well as on the level of business organizations (enterprises). From these perspectives, integrated businesses focused on cooperation in the field of waste management can have a form of cluster associations. In this context, cluster policy in the field of waste management should be considered as a system of organizational and economic relations between public authorities and individuals regarding environmentally safe disposal of waste as secondary raw materials, improving the competitiveness of enterprises due to formation and development of cluster formations.
The theory of creation of the cluster structures allows to determine the fundamental differences between cluster as a business structure in the field of waste management from other territorial and industrial associations. The main tasks and principles concerning the formation, operation and development of cluster structures are represented in the article.
The structural and functional scheme of creation and functioning of environmental and resource cluster in the field of waste management is submitted. The main functions of local and regional authorities, state regulation of natural resources, social and environmental problems in the process of formation and development of regional ecological and resource cluster are considered.
Effective implementation of mechanism of the cluster interactions of authorities, government agencies, businesses and organizations to solve regional environmental and socio-economic problems of the waste management requires the creation of Coordinating Cluster Center. The existing proposals concerning the principles of creation of the cluster center are given. The composition of its structural elements, the basic constituents taking into consideration the specificity of solving environmental and resource problems related to the waste management are outlined. Specific motivational preferences of economic actors of ecological and resource use of waste are formulated.
Conclusions and directions of further researches. In terms of socio-economic and financial crisis, the creation of cluster structures including the environmental and resource cluster of the waste management is an innovative process, which can hardly be realized without the active assistance of state and local authorities which can also act as the main generating start for sustainable beneficial economic relations between members of the cluster structures.
Keywords: waste management, cluster structures, environmental and resource cluster, structural-functional scheme of the environmental-resource cluster, cluster core, coordinating center
JEL Classification: Q53, Q57, Q23.
Cite as: Mishenin, Ye. & Mishenina, N. (2014). Development of cluster structures in the field of waste management. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 4, 163-172. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2014.4-19
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Mishchenko, V.S., Makovitska, Yu.M., & Omelianenko, T.L. (2013). Institutsionalnyi rozvytok sfery povodzhennia z vidkhodamy v Ukraini: na shliakhu yevropeiskoi intehratsii [Institutional development of the waste management in Ukraine: towards European integration]. Kyiv: DU “Іnstitut ekonomiki pryrodokorystuvannia ta staloho rozvytku” NAN Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
- Andrieieva, N.M. (2012). Analіtychnyi іnstrumentarіi vprovadzhennia proektіv s vykorystanniam vtorynnykh resursіv yak metodychnyi basys ekolohіzatsіi vyrobnychoho menedzhmentu na pipryiemstvi [Analytical instruments of implementing projects using secondary resources as methodological basis of ecologization of the production management at the enterprise]. Menedzhment, marketynh ta intelektualnyi kapital v hlobalnomu ekonomichnomu prostori – Management, marketing and intellectual capital in the global economic environment. P.H. Pererva (Ed.). Kharkiv: Tsyfrova Drukarnia №1 [in Ukrainian].
- Mishchenko, V.S., & Vyhovska, H.P. (2009). Orhanisatsiino-ekonomichnyi mechanism povodzhennia z vidkhodamy v Ukraini [Organizational-economic mechanism of the waste management in Ukraine]. Kyiv: Naukova dumka [in Ukrainian].
- Pavlikha, N.V. (2004). Zastosuvannia lohistychnoho pidkhodu z metoiu upravlinnia potokamy vidkhodiv v rehioni [Application of logistic approach for the management of waste flows in the region]. Nauchnyie trudy DonTU – Scientific papers DonNTU, 75, 139-145 [in Ukrainian].
- Sotnyk, I.M. (2010). Upravlinnia resursozberezhenniam: sotsio-ekoloho-ekonomichni aspekty [Managing resource conservation: ecological and socio-economic aspects]. Sumy: SumSU [in Ukrainian].
- Studynskyi, V.A. (2006). Upravlinnia tverdymy pobutovymy vidkhodamy v mistakh Ukrainy [Solid waste management in the urban Ukraine]. Kyiv: Vyd-vo “KIMO” [in Ukrainian].
- Khvesyk, M.A., Holian, V.A., Khvesyk, Yu.M., & Demydiuk, S.M. (2010). Formuvanniia instytutsionalnoho seredovyshcha pidpryiemnytskoi diialnosti u sferi pryrodokorystuvannia: investytsiino-innovatsiinyi aspect [Formation of the institutional environment of the business activity in the sphere of nature using: investment and innovation aspect]. Lutsk: Vyd-vo “Tverdynia” [in Ukrainian].
- Mishenina, H.A. (2012). Klasterisatsiia yak rynkovyi instrument innovatsiinoho prostorovoho rozvytku pryrodohospodariuvannia [Clustering as a marketing tool of the innovative spatial development of the nature management]. Sotsialno-ekonomichna motyvatsiia innovatsiinoho rozvytku rehionu – Socio-economic motivation of the region’s innovative development. O.V. Prokopenko (Ed.). (492-506). Sumy: Sumy State University [in Ukrainian].
- Porter, M. (2000). Konkurentsiia [Competiveness]. Moscow: ND “Villiams” [in Russian].
- Kontseptsiia stvorennia klasteriv v Ukraini [Conception of the cluster creation in Ukraine]. ligazakon.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ligazakon.ua/news_old/ga012109.html [in Ukrainian].
- Ivanov, Yu.B. (2009). Otsinka stiikosti rehionalnykh klasrenykh struktur v aspekti yikh resursnoho potentsialu [Evaluation of the stability of regional cluster structures from perspectives of their resource potential. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu Lvivska politekhnika. Problemy ekonomiky ta upravlinnia – Bulletin of the National University of Lviv Polytechnic. Economic and management problems, 640, 101-111 [in Ukrainian].
- Kostiukevich, D.V. (2009). Otsenka i orhanizatsiia klasternykh vzaimodeistvii predprenimatelskikh struktur [Evaluation and organization of cluster interactions of the business structures]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Saint-Petersburg [in Russian].
- Mishenin, Ye. (2010). Kontseptualni zasady rozvytku mekhanizmu derzhavno-pryvatnoho partnerstva v lisoresursnii sferi [Conceptual foundations of development of the state-private partnership mechanism in the forestry]. Economist – Economist, 12, 23-26 [in Ukrainian].
- Tatarkin, A.I., & Lavrikova, Yu.H. (2008). Klasternaia politika rehiona [Cluster policy of a region]. Promyshlennaia politika v Rossyiskoi Federatsii – Indusrial Policy of the Russian Federation, 8, 11-19 [in Russian].
- Yarova, I.Ye. (2010). Sotsialna vidpovadalnist v systemi upravlinniia ratsionalnym pryrodokorystuvanniiam: ekoloho-ekonomichni aspecty [Social responsibility in the system of rational nature management: environmental and economic aspects]. Stalyi rozvytok ta ekolohichna bezpeka: teoriia, metodolohiia, praktyka – Sustainable development and ecological safety of society: theory, methodology, practice. Ye.V. Khlobystov (Ed.). (366-378). Simferopol: VD “Enterprise Fyeniks” [in Ukrainian].