Doctor of Economics, Professor, Professor of the Department of Marketing and MIA, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate Professor, Deputy Rector, Sumy State A.S. Makarenko Pedagogical University (Sumy, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. Object of investigation is systematization of marketing policy in the educational service sphere, and its task of this study is to give concrete suggestions to improve marketing activity of HEI.
The results of the analysis. One point out that New Act of Ukraine of higher education determines more autonomy of institutions. Marketing environment of higher school is characterized. Concrete examples show aspects of the modern education state in Ukraine. The HEI marketing constituents are observed: educational product, demand for educational service, marketing research of the correspondent market and marketing complex. In educational service marketing complex is estimation of the HEI potential comparing with external competitors – element (product); changes in the regulatory base, including discounts for full-fee education – price setting (price); policy to promote on three levels: university, faculty, department (separate specialty) – advancing (promotion); material and technical and resource provision of HEI activity preparation and graduate’s adaptation in the labor market – distribution (position); participation of representative bodies is realized by the element (people); consistent policy of the self-governance bodies and other regional HEIs by the partnership element (partners); requirement for qualitative membership of scientific personnel and technical conductors by new element of marketing complex (personal).
Conclusions and directions of further researches. Thus, New Act of Ukraine on higher education on the legislative level was revealed in conceptual orients of higher education renew, which require modernization shifts in the system of HEIs management, which under modern conditions is impossible without educational marketing concepts and tools, function of which is concretized in the article. It is confirmed that criteria to estimate level of HEI marketing aim achievement is education allowance for as many as possible people, and concerning education quality and scientific research – profit, which scientists and lecturers give to country at a whole and region particularly. Successful uniting of education marketing on the state level, regional level and level of the separate HEI will give opportunity to optimize number of specialties, on the basis of their perception by labor market.
Changes, occurring nowadays in educational environment, turn proper studies into urgent ones in various directions. Marketing research of demand for these or those specialties is of special importance, opportunities of some HEIs, ways to form marketing tools and their practical realization to increase competitiveness.
Keywords: marketing of education, marketing of higher educational institution, pedagogical marketing, marketing researches in education, complex of higher education marketing, educational service marketing, marketing activity of HEI.
JEL Classification: I20, M31.
Cite as: Teletov, A. & Teletova, S. (2014). Marketing of education at the ukrainian higher educational institutions . Marketing and Management of Innovations, 4, 47-56. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2014.4-05
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Zakon Ukrainy Pro vyshchu osvitu : pryiniatyi 1 lyp. 2014 roku №1556-VII [Law of Ukraine on higher education from July 1 2014, №1556-VII] [in Ukrainian].
- Herasymchuk, V.I. (2001). «Belye piatna v teorii i praktike marketinha [“White spots” in the theory and practice of marketing]. XXI vek: ozhydaemye realnosti v biznese i menedzhmente, (Vols. 2). (pp. 36-43). Svyshchov: SAS [in Russian].
- Melnik, L.H., & Khense, L. (Eds.). (2008). Sotsialno-ekonomicheskii potentsial ustoichivoho razvitiia [Social and economic potential of sustainable development]. Sumy: ITD “Universitetskaia kniha” [in Russian].
- Obolenska, T.Ye. (2005). Naukovi zasady formuvannia konkurentnoho rynku osvitnikh posluh dlia funktsionuvannia rynku pratsi [Scientific basis of a competitive education market for labor market]. A.F. Pavlenko (Eds.). Teoriia i praktyka marketynhu v Ukraini – Theory and practice of marketing in Ukraine. Kyiv: KNEU [in Ukrainian].
- Bila, S.O. (2011). Innovatsiini priorytety reformuvannia upravlinskykh zasad rozvytku vyshchoi osvity v Ukraini [Innovative management priorities for reform principles of higher education in Ukraine]. Proceedings from MIIM’11: Mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna konferentsiia «Innovatsiinyi rozvytok suspilstva za umov kros-kulturnykh vzaiemodii. (pp. 173-177). Sumy: Mriia [in Ukrainian].
- Havryliuk, V.Ya. (2013). Osoblyvosti rozvytku ta diialnosti VNZ u hlobalnii ekonomitsi [Features and development of the university in the global economy]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu “Lvivska politekhnika” – Bulletin of National University “Lviv polytechnic”, 769, 405-412 [in Ukrainian].
- Illiashenko, S.M. (2011). Intelektualnyi capital VNZ yak zaporuka yoho innovatsiinoho rozvytku: sutnist, struktura, pidhody do otsinuvannia [Intellectual capital university as a guarantee of its innovative development: the nature, structure, approaches to assessment]. Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsii – Marketing and management of innovations, 1, 145-154 [in Ukrainian].
- Tielietov, O.S., & Kozlova, O.H. (2001). Marketynhovii menedzhment. Orhanizatsiino-pedahohichni problem [Marketing management. Organizational and pedagogical issues]. Informatsiini tekhnolohii navchannia u vyshchykh zakladakh osvity – Information technology training in higher educational institutions. (pp. 12-16). Sumy: Vyd-vo SumDU [in Ukrainian].
- Kratt, O.A. (2003). Rynok posluh vyshchoi osvity: metodolohichni osnovy doslidzhennia koniunktury [Market services of higher education: methodological foundations of the research situation]. Donetsk: Yuho-Vostok [in Ukrainian].
- Melnikov, S.L. (2014). Upravleniie vysshym obrazovaniem v demokraticheskikh hosudarstvakh [Management of higher education in democratic states]. Sumska starovyna – Sumy antiquity, 41-42, 61-66 [in Russian].
- Tielietova, S.H., & Tielietov, O.S. (2012). Marketyh v upravlinni osvitoiu [Marketing in education management]. Osvita Sumshchiny – Education of Sumy region, 3, 14-19 [in Ukrainian].
- Pro Harvard [About Harvard]. (n.d.). harvard.edu. Retrieved from http//www.harvard.edu/about-harvard [in Ukrainian].
- Ne nashi universytety. Reformy Tabachnyka zbilshyly kilkist ukrainskykh studentiv u Polshi [Not our universities. Tabachnik’s reforms increased the number of Ukrainian students in Poland]. (n.d.). www.osvita.org.ua. Retrieved from http://www.osvita.org.ua/articles/702.html.
- Kholod, B.I., & Dashevska, O.V. (2012). Suchasnyi instrumentarii vyboru operatsiinykh stratehii rozvytku VNZ [Modern instruments selection operating strategies of Universities]. Akademichnyi ohliad – Academic review, 1(36), 5-12 [in English].
- Tielietov, O.S. (2010). Vyshch osvita i nauka v Ukraini: zdobutky, problem, perspektyvy [Higher education and science in Ukraine: achievements, problems and prospects]. Proceedings from Suchasni problemy vyshchoi osvity Ukrainy v konteksti intehratsii do yevropeiskoho osvitnoho prostoru – Modern problems of higher education in the context of Ukraine’s integration into the European educational space. (pp. 76-83). Sumy: SumDU [in Ukrainian].
- Tielietov, O.S., & Provozin, M.V. (2011). Reklamna diialnist vyshchoho navchalnoho zakladu [Promotional activities of higher education institution]. Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsii – Marketing and management of innovations, 2, 53-64 [in Ukrainian].
- Tielietova, S.H. (2013). Pedahohichnyi marketynh v umovakh vprovadzhennia novoho zakonu Ukrainy pro vyshchu osvitu [Pedagogical marketing in the implementation of the new Law of Ukraine on higher education]. Proceedings from VIII Mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna konferentsiia “Marketynh innovatsii i innovatsii u marketynhu” – The Eighth International Scientific and Practical Conference “Marketing of Innovations and Innovations in Marketing”. (pp. 184-186). Sumy: TOV “Papirus” [in Ukrainian].