Doctor of Economics, Professor, Vice-Rector for Scientific Work, Lviv Polytechnic National University (Lviv, Ukraine)
Engineer of the Department of the Scientific Researches Organization and Marketing of Research and Development Part, Lviv Polytechnic National University (Lviv, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. Commercialization is an important issue of increasing economic efficiency. In this article it is shown the possibilities that universities have in developing innovative products, and in the process of commercialization of scientific researches. It is shown, why the process of commercialization of scientific researches is ineffective, the reasons of inefficiency of such commercialization in universities are highlighted, the methods of improving this situation are proposed.
The results of the analysis. It is shown, how overcoming these problems will help to improve the situation in the country, and the ways of this improving are highlighted. Legislative and normative acts which regulate activities in the field of innovation are analyzed, particularly their strengths and weaknesses. The literature sources, which highlight issues of innovations, are overviewed. The ways of improving the imperfection of legislative regulation in this area are proposed. Also there is provided analysis of the latest statistical data. Painted stages, which passes the research and development in the process of commercialization. Given the brief description of each stage, and their connection with each other and with the environment. An importance of each stage in the process of commercialization is underlined. The article provides a more detailed division on stages than it was given before. Provided the definition of a term «patent», and the necessity of creating patents and intellectual property in the process of commercialization is explained. It is provided the description of different types of intellectual property. It is explained why it is important to assess the intellectual property, how to assess it, at what stage and how it can help in the process of commercialization. The order of this assessment of intellectual property is provided. Provided forms to evaluate the technical, economic and inventive innovational potential, an improving of the existing methods of assessment is proposed. An example of evaluation of scientific and technical potential of developments, which were created by the scientists of Lviv National Polytechnic University is given.
Conclusions and directions of further researches. It is shown how the centers of commercialization may help higher educational institutes in selling the researches and developments. It is underlined the necessity of creating centers of commercialization to overcome problem areas in commercialization, that evaluate on the way which research overcome on its way to market. It is shown the possibilities to create these centers on the base of higher educational institutes.
Keywords: intellectual property, patent, innovation, evaluation of patent, rating system, research institute, comprehensive assessment of innovation, stages of innovative process
JEL Classification: O32, O34.
Cite as: Chukhray N. & Stegnytskyi, A. (2015). Integrated assessment of scientific and technical development at early stages of innovative process. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 11-23. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2015.1-01
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Zakon Ukrainy Pro innovatsiinu diialnist : pryiniatyi 4 lyp. 2002 roku № 40-IV [Law of Ukraine on innovative activity from July 4 2002, № 40-IV]. Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy – Bulletin of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrainy Pro priorytetni napriamy innovatsiinoi diialnosti : pryiniatyi 8 ver. 2011 roku №3715-IV [Law of Ukraine on priority directions of innovative development from September 8 2011, №3715-IV ]. Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy – Bulletin of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Metodychni rekomendatsii z komertsializatsii rozrobok, stvorenykh v rezultati naukovo- tekhnichnoi diialnosti [Methodical recommendations of commercialization of developments created as a result of scientific and technical activities]. (2010). Nakaz Derzhavnoho komitetu Ukrainy z pytan nauky, innovatsii ta informatyzatsii – The Command of State Committee of Ukraine in the sphere of Science, Innovation and Information [in Ukrainian].
- Buzko, I.R., Vartanova, O.V., & Holubchenko, H.O. (2002). Stratehichne upravlinnia innovatsiiamy ta innovatsiina diialnist pidpryiemstva [Strategic management of innovations and innovative activities of enterprise]. Luhansk: Vyd-vo SNU im. V. Dalia [in Ukrainian].
- Kvashnin, A. (2006). Kak upravliat portfelem tekhnolohii i intelektualnoi sobstvennosti [How to manage a portfolio of technologies and intellectual property]. Metodychni materialy proektu Europe Aid «Nauka i komertsializatsiia tekhnolohii» – Methodical materials of the project Europe Aid «Science and Technology Commercialisation». Retrieved from www.tyumen-technopark.ru [in Russian].
- Tymochko, N.O. (2005). Ekonomichna istoriia Ukrainy [Economic history of Ukraine]. Kyiv: KNEU [in Ukrainian].
- Chukhrai, N.I., & Kryvoruchko, Yu.O. (2008). Otsiniuvannia i rozvytok vidnosyn mizh biznes-partneramy [Evaluation and development of relations between business partners]. Lviv: Vydavnytstvo «Rastr-7» [in Ukrainian].
- Otsenka intelektualnoi sobstvennosti. Ofitsyalnyi sait hruppy konsaltinhovykh kompanii «ABK» [Assessment of intellectual property. Official site of consulting companies group]. абкоценка.рф. Retrieved from http://абкоценка.рф/?servpage=43 [in Russian].
- Entrepreneurship & Education at the Kauffman Foundation. Ofitsiinyi sait fundatsii Kaufmana [Entrepreneurship & Education at the Kauffman Foundation. Official site of Kaufman’s Foundation]. kauffman.org. Retrieved from http://www.kauffman.org [in English].
- Innovatsiina diialnist v Ukraini [Innovative activities in Ukraine]. (n.d.). ukrstat.org. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.org/uk/druk/publicat/kat_u/publnauka_u.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Baza danykh: vynakhody (korysni modeli v Ukraini) [Data base: inventions (useful models in Ukraine)]. (n.d.). uipv.org. Retrieved from http://www.uipv.org [in Ukrainian].
- Komertsializatsiia rezultativ naukovykh doslidzhen ta rozrobok v Yaponii [Commercialization of scientific research and development in Japan]. (n.d.). studyjapan.go.jp. Retrieved from http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj0302e.html [in Ukrainain].
- Chukhrai, N.I., & Hrytsai, O.I. (2013). Diahnostuvannia efektyvnosti upravlinnoa vytratamy na innovatsiini protsesy mashynobudivnykh pidpryiemstv [Diagnosing the efficiency of spending on innovation processes of engineering enterprises]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky – Actual Problems of Economics, 8 (146), 75-80 [in Ukrainian].
- Kniaz, S., Shpak, N., Myroshchenko, N., & Kolomiyets, O. (2014). Commercialization of high-tech products: theoretical-methodological aspects. Econtechmod, 3(1), 81-88 [in English].