Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Economics and Business Administration, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
Doctoral Candidate of the Department of Economics and Business Administration, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. The aim of the article is to study the theoretical and methodological principles for environmentally oriented businesses formulating and portfolio management in the region.
The results of the analysis. This paper studies the prospects for the formation and management of the environmentally oriented business projects business portfolio. The purpose of this is to create new clusters types which are based on the production capacity of environmental products and services in the region. Considering strategic direction of the Ukraine’s Regional Development the authors concluded the necessity of common instrument forming. That would help to accumulate possibilities and priorities of the various innovative structures and business in general in the region. This study considered the theoretical and methodological bases of environmentally oriented projects business portfolio formation and management in the region. Today Ukrainian government system directs the efforts for regional policy funding, development priorities coordination and calls to focus on key projects that provide improvement of innovative infrastructure for economic growth stimulation, creating conditions for private sector development and public access to services. Preference is given to the issues of financial resources concentrating on the key tasks with long term impacts on regional development and national economy as a whole. Taking in account the provisions on strategic vision formation for regional development is evident for single instruments forming that would allow regional governments to manage this process.
It would help to accumulate results of activity of various innovative structures and business in general. Environmentally oriented businesses portfolio is a «collection» of strategic business groups and individual businesses (projects), especially, innovative, which are formed within the same regional development strategy (strategy of sustainable development and «green» economy) and aimed to achieve the socio-environmental and economic effects. Primary task of each company that produces environmental products or is engaged in environmental services providing (or related activities) is to create the optimal business portfolio which combines with company’s advantages, and at the same time is a perspective direction for region’s investment attractiveness increaseing and new markets development.
It is proved that portfolio of environmentally oriented businesses and environmental projects should be considered as a factor in its sustainability. It performs the target function of the heart of investment processes reproduction in the region. The portfolio of environmentally oriented businesses and environmental projects serves as integrative factor combining the monitoring of environmentally oriented innovative processes, technologies, processes of product creation, methods of environmental projects organization and its funding.
Conclusions. It is shown that today special attention should be paid to the issues of providing optimal performance of strategic tasks of regional development. At the same time it is necessary to support the proper level of environmental safety and efficient use of environmental and economic potential of the region, activate the investment and innovation processes at regional level. The authors reviewed the issue of a environmentally oriented business projects portfolio forming as a part of process of new clusters creating that is based on possibilities of environmental goods and services production. Development of business management portfolio is based on environmental safety factor of individual business and the region as a whole. It can facilitate the solution of social and economic problems, including problems of employment, quality of life, projects profitability, environmentally targeted production development, export potential increasing, and Ukraine’s image improving.
In the further researches we plan to develop new methodological approaches to the formation of the innovation and investment projects portfolio at the regional level with further assessment and identification of ecological, social and economic effects.
Keywords: business portfolio, strategy, innovation, cluster, economic instruments, green economy
JEL Classification: R11, R58, L510.
Cite as: Shkarupa O. & Burych, I. (2015). Theoretical aspects of the formation and management of a environmentally oriented businesses portfolio in the region. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 240-252. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2015.1-21
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrayiny, vid 6 Auhusta, 2014 р. № 385 «Pro zatverdzhennia stratehіi rehіonalnoho rozvytku na perіod do 2020» [About Approval of State Strategy for Regional Development until 2020]. Retrieved from: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/385-2014-п?test=4/UMfPEGznhhbD0.ZiEzzBoEHdlFIsFggkRbI1c] [in Ukrainian].
- Ansoff, I. (1989). Stratehicheskii manadzhment [Strategic Management]. Moscow: Economy [in Russian].
- Birman, L.A., & Kochurov, T.B. (2010). Stratehіia upravlenіia іnnovatsionnymі protsessamі [The strategy of innovative process management]. Publishing: Case ANE [in Russian].
- Birman, H. (1997). Ekonomicheskii analiz investitsionnykh proectov [Economic analysis of investment projects]. Moscow: Banks and exchanges, UNITY [in Russian].
- Himpel, V.V. (2014). Ekoloho-ekonomichne obhruntuvannia klasternykh formuvan dlia zabezpechennia staloho rozvytku rehionu [Ecological and economic assessment of cluster groups for sustainable development of the region]. Candidate’s thesis. Sumy: SSU [in Ukrainian].
- Dmytriev, I.A. (2010). Formuvannia i otsіniuvannia biznes portfolio pіdpryiemstva avtomobіlnoho transportu [Formulation and evaluation of business enterprise portfolio of avtotransport]. Kharkiv: HNADU [in Ukrainian].
- Doyle, P. (2001). Marketinh, orientirovannyi na stoimost [Cost oriented marketing]. Saint-Petersburg: Piter [in Russian].
- Karloff, B. (1991). Delovaia stratehiia. Contseptsiia, soderzhanіe, simvoly [Business Strategy. Concept, content, characters]. Moscow: Economy [in Russian].
- Mayers, S. (2008). Printsypy korporativnykh financov [Principles of corporate finances]. Moscow: ZAO «OLIMP-Business» [in Russian].
- Mintsberh, H. (2000). Shkoly stratehіi. Stratehіcheskoie safarі: ekskursіia po debriam stratehіi manedzhmenta [School policies. Strategic Safaris: tour of the wilds of management strategies]. Saint-Petersburg: Piter [in Russian].
- Oborska, S.V. (2010). Antykryzove upravlіnnia pіdpriemstvom [Crisis management]. Kyiv: KNEU [in Ukrainian].
- Petrenko, V. (2006). Teoretychnі aspecty formuvannia mekhanіzmu upravlіnnia sferoiu ekolohіchnykh posluh [Theoretical aspects of the formation mechanism of management in the sphere of environmental services]. Mekhanizm rehuliuvannia ekonomiky – Mechanism of Economic Regulation, 3, 48-59 [in Ukrainian].
- Ukraіna i eie rehіony na putі k іnnovatsіonnomu obshchestvu [Ukraine and its regions on the way to an innovative society]. (2011). [I.P. Buleiev, V.I. Dubnitskii, M.P. Voinarenko et al.]; National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Institute of Industrial Economics; Donetsk Institute of Economics and umanitarny; Academy of Economic Sciences of Ukraine. Donetsk: South-east, Vol. 4 [in Russian].
- Formuvannia na teritorіi Sumskoi oblasti ecopolisu – naukovo-vyrobnycho-osvіtnoho kompleksu z vyrobnytstva i realіzatsіi tovarіv ekolohіchnoho pryznachennia (kontseptualnі zasady) [Formation of the territory of the Sumy region ecopolis – scientific and industrial-educational complex for the production of goods and ecological purposes (conceptual position)]. [Melnyk L.H., Ed.]. Sumy: University Book [in Ukrainian].
- Tsikhan, T.V. (2003). Klasternaia teoriia ekonomichnoho razvitiia [Cluster theory of economic development]. Teoriia i praktika upravleniia – Theory and Practice of Management, 5 [in Russian].
- Feser E.J. (1998). Old and New Theories of Industry Clusters. London [in English].
- Sharp W. (2007). Investitsii [Investments]. Moscow: Infra-M [in Russian].
- Shostak, L. (2011). Problemy formuvannia stratehichnoho portfeliu [Problems of strategic portfolio forming]. uk.xlibx.com. Retrieved from: http://www.uk.xlibx.com/4physiology/27418-6-redakciyna-kolegiya-kerivnik-viddilu-roboti-obdarovanoyu-moloddyu-hdu-aleksandrova-golova-radi-molodih-uchenih.php [in Ukrainian].
- Shkarupa, O.V., & Burych, I.V. (2014). Ekonomіchnі problemy formuvannia portfolio ekolohoorіentovanykh іnnovatsіynykh proektіv u rehіonі [Economic problems of formation of an ecologically innovative projects in the region]. Economic problems of sustainable development: International scientific and practical conference dedicated to the memory of Professor. Balatskoho O.F., Sumy, 6-8 May 2014 .: in 2 vol. Sumy, SSU. Vol. 1. (рр.132-134) [in Ukrainian].
- Yazliuk, B.L. (2011). Stratehіchne upravlіnnia іnvestytsіino-іnnovatsіinym biznes-portfolio pіdpryiemstva u sferі maloho pіdpryiemnytstva [Strategic management of investment and innovative portfolio of business enterprises in small business]. Halytskyi ekonomichnyi visnyk – Galician Economic Bulletin, 2 (31), 56-63 [in Ukrainian].