Doctor of Economics, Professor, Professor of the Department of Marketing and MIA, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
Master’s Student of the Faculty of Economics and Mamagement, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. The aim of the article is to clarify the concept of «sport tourism marketing», to examine the state of its objects and to determine prospects for development of sport tourism in Ukraine. The paper singles out the role of sport in life; compares different types of cities in terms of provision the infrastructure for tourism development in the field of sports. Authors show the example of the campaign.
The results of the analysis. The article deals with sport tourism as a form of total tourism conducted extensive research of sports tourism values compared between typical sports facilities and infrastructure of cities millionaires, large, medium and small Ukrainian cities. The research is based on Sumy. It is shown that it may be attractive for sports, historical and cultural enrichment of professional athletes, children and adolescents, a large group of fans that come to competition.
Marketing approaches to the decision of sport tourism problems today represent the ocial, cultural, public and political phenomenon simultaneously and is by phenomenon object of special researches. This increase: shows of sports, attraction to it of children, quantity of the people life, conducting a healthy image, increase of a network sport structures, hotels and other tourist objects.
Work is complete scientific and practical work, implemented commission on education, science, culture, tourism, sport and youth policy Sumy Regional Council and is recommended to be involved to realizing for local councils, administrations and City Hall for recovery work in the field of tourism development. The theoretical and methodological developments generalizations made in this scientific work, have a scientific value and practical value and can be recommended for implementation in other regions of Ukraine.
Conclusions and prospects for further researches. One of the few areas that still have powerful sports, tourism and how their derivatives – marketing of sports tourism. Appropriate marketing activities in the field of sports tourism have lower aggressiveness fans and instill their love of history, art, national culture, healthy recreation.
Keywords: sports, sport tourism, tourist branch, region development, marketing in sport, sport tourist object, advertising sport campaign, advertising of tourism
JEL Classification: L83, M31.
Cite as: Teletov A. & Karpets, V. (2015). Marketing of sport tourism. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 56-72. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2015.1-05
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Illiashenko, S., Peresadko, G., Pidlisna, O., & Kovalenko, E. (2014). Corporate social responsibility in marketing researches: literature review. Corporate Ownership @ Control, 11(4), 499-503 [in English].
- Kariahin, Yu.O., Tymoshenko, Z.I., Demura, T.O., & Munin, H.B. (n.d.). Marketynh tur produktu [Marketing of tourist product]. tourlib.net. Retrieved from http://tourlib.net/books_ukr/ karyagin0.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Kudla, N.Ye. (2011). Marketynh turystychnykh posluh [Marketing of tourist products]. Kyiv: Znannia [in Ukrainian].
- Lukashchuk, V.I. (2010). Sport yak riznovyd shou-biznesu [Sport as a kind of show business]. Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu im. V.N. Karazina – Bulletin of Kharkiv National University named after V.N. Karazin, 889 [in Ukrainian].
- Martynov, I.Yu. (n.d.). Osoblyvosti marketynhu turyzmu u sferi vidpochynku i rozvah [Peculiarities of marketing tourism in recreation and entertainment]. nbuv.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/Soc_Gum/Tiru/2011_31_1/Martinov.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Myroshnychenko, V. (n.d.). Natsionalnyi brendynh Ukrainy [National branding of Ukraine]. innovations.com.ua. Retrieved from http://www.innovations.com.ua/articles/14169/temp [in Ukrainian].
- Nahorniak, T.L. (n.d.). Brendy krain svitu. Imidzh ukrainskykh rehioniv u konteksti rozbudovy Brenda «Ukraina» [Brands of the world. Image Ukrainian regions in the context of building the brand «Ukraine»]. social-science.com.ua. Retrieved from http://www.social-science.com.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Zhdanova, T. (n.d.). Turystychnyi brend Ukrainy: kontseptsiia, mesedzhi, hrafika [Tourist brand of Ukraine: concept, messages, graphics]. wikicitynomica.org. Retrieved from http://wikicitynomica.org/future/turistichniy-brend-ukraini-kontseptsiya.html [in Ukrainian].
- Universalnyi lehkoatletychnyi manezh Ukrainskoi akademii bankivskoi spravy [Universal gym of Ukrainian Academy of Banking]. (n.d.). meria.sumy.ua. Retrieved from http://www.meria.sumy.ua/index.php?newsid=310 [in Ukrainian].
- Stadion «Yuvileinyi» [Stadium «Jubilee»]. (n.d.). stadion.sumy.ua. Retrieved from http://stadion.sumy.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Futbolnyi tsentr «Barsa» [Football Centre «Barsa»]. (n.d.). fcbarsa.com.ua. Retrieved from http://fcbarsa.com.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
- Tielietov, O.S., Zarubina, V.V., & Timashova, O.Ye. (2014). Doslidzhennia ta perspectyvy rozvytku turystychnoho brendu Ukrainy [Research and development prospects of tourism brand of Ukraine]. Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsii – Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 27-42 [in Ukrainian].
- Tielietov, O.S. (2011). Reklamnyi menedzhment [Advertising management]. Sumy: Universytetska knyha [in Ukrainian].
- Kysil, T., Kolodka, A., & Rosokhata, A. (2014). Import Substitution as a Means of Image Forming : Prospects Forecast of Industrial Enterprises in Ukraine. Economics @ Sociology, 7(2), 123-135 [in English].