Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Marketing and MIA, Deputy Dean in Information and Media Technologies of the Faculty of Economics and Management, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Marketing and MIA, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. The article is to determine the role of enterprise’s innovative culture to ensure its economic security and develop the methodical approach to the optimization of the enterprise’s innovative culture level from the standpoint of ensuring its economic security.
The results of the analysis. It is shown that innovations and innovative activity are natural means to adapt to changes in macro- and microenvironment of the enterprise in permanently changing modern economy. Innovations and innovative activity are the backgrounds of economic security. One of the main factors of the formation of the environment conducive to innovation at the enterprise is its innovative culture, viewed as a mechanism for regulation of social and cultural innovation behavior of its staff. Accordingly, the innovative culture is also an important component of a mechanism ensuring economic security. It should be considered as a condition of effective use of enterprise’s resources and market opportunities, what prevents internal and external threats and ensures enterprise’s survival and sustainable development at the market in accordance with the selected mission and motivation activity.
The results of the research confirm that economic security is a function of its innovative culture. The level of innovation culture depends on the expenses for its development.
The author developed a methodical approach to determine the optimal level of enterprise’s innovative culture according to the «economic security/expenses» criterion under the given constraints: the financial costs and risk. A mathematical model realizing this methodical approach was also elaborated.
Testing of the developed econometric model confirmed its adequacy and proved the feasibility of its implementation for optimization of enterprise’s innovative culture level from the standpoint of ensuring its economic security.
Conclusions and directions of further researches. The results deepen the theoretical and methodological backgrounds of innovation management in the choice of effective tools to manage the development of enterprise’s innovative culture that is considered not only as one of the main components of the formation of its innovative environment, but also as an important component of ensuring its economic security.
Further research should focus on the accumulation of statistics that will clarify the dependence of economic security of the enterprise on the level of its innovation culture.
Keywords: enterprise’s innovative culture, enterprise economic security, economic-mathematical modeling, optimization, management of enterprise’s innovative development
JEL Classification: D21, O33, M12.
Cite as: Shypulina Yu. & Illiashenko, N. (2015). Optimization of the enterprise’s innovative culture level from the standpoint of ensuring its economic security. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 2, 159-169. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2015.2-13
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Illiashenko, S.N. (2003). Sostavliaiushchiie ekonomicheskoi bezopasnosti predpriiatiia i podkhody k ikh otsenke [Components of enterprise’s economic security and approaches to their assessment]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky – Actual problems of economics, 3 (21), 12-19 [in Russian].
- Zakharchyshyn, H.M., & Liubomudrova, L.S. (2009). Innovatsiina kultura yak priorytetnyi napriamok innovatsiinoho rozvytku vitchyznianykh pidpryiemstv [Innovation culture as a priority of innovative development of domestic enterprises]. www.confcontact.com. Retrieved from: http://www.confcontact.com/2009_03_05/05_zahachin.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Zakharchyshyn, H.M., & Andriichuk, O.Ya. (2008). Kontseptualna model innovatsiinoi kultury pidpryiemstva [Conceptual model of enterprise innovative culture]. Nauk. visnyk NLTU Ukrainy – Scientific Bulletin NLTU of Ukraine, 18.8, 272-278 [in Ukrainian].
- Zubenko, V.V. (2007). Innovatsionnaia kultura v sisteme orhanizatsionnoi kultury predpriiatiia [Innovative culture in the system of the enterprise organizational culture]. Ekonomika i upravlenie – Economics and Management, 4-5, 93-97 [in Russian].
- Zubenko, V.V., & Martiakova, E.V. (2008). Orhanizatsionnaia kultura kak faktor konkurentosposobnosti otechestvennikh predpriiati [Organizational culture as a factor in the competitiveness of domestic enterprises]. Problemy povysheniia effektivnosti funktsionirovaniia predpriiatii razlichnykh form sobstvennosti – Problems of increasing the efficiency of enterprises of different ownership forms, 1, 83-89 [in Russian].
- Zubenko, V.V. (2011). Razvitiie orhanizatsionnoi kultury kak instrument povysheniia kapitalyzatsii predpriatiia [Development of organizational culture as a tool of enterprise capitalization increasing]. Visnyk Donetskoho universytetu ekonomiky ta prava – Bulletin of Donetsk University of Economics and Law, 2, 76-79 [in Russian].
- Illiashenko, S.M. (2010). Stratehichne upravlinnia innovatsiinoiu diialnistiu na pidpryiemstvi na zasadakh marketynhu innovatsiy [Strategic management of enterprise innovative activity on the basis of marketing of innovation]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky – Actual problems of economics, 12, 111-119 [in Ukrainian].
- Illiashenko, S.M. (2005). Ryzyky innovatsii: spetsyfika proiavu ta analizu [Risks of innovation: specific of display and analysis]. Mekhanizm rehuliuvannia ekonomiky – Mechanism of Economic Regulation, 1, 56-66 [in Ukrainian].
- Illiashenko, S.M., & Shypulina, Yu.S. (2014). Faktornyi analiz stanu innovatsiinoi kultury pidpryiemstva [Factor analysis of enterprise innovative culture]. Ekonomichnyi chasopys ХХІ – Economic Annals-XXI, 3-4, 31-34 [in Ukrainian].
- Kazmirchuk, S. (2010). Innovatsiina kultura: rol i mistse v innovatsiinomu rozvytku pidpryiemstva [Innovative culture: the role and place in innovative development of the enterprise]. Sotsialno-ekonomichni problemy i derzhava – Socio-economic Problems and the State, 1(3), 66-70 [in Ukrainian].
- Labunska, S.V. (2014). Upravlinnia vytratamy innovatsiinoi diialnosti pidpryiemstva: metodolohiia ta praktyka [Cost management of enterprise innovative activity: methodology and practice]. Kharkiv: VD «INZhEK» [in Ukrainian].
- Laricheva, E.A. (2009). Razvitiie innovatsionnoi kultury na predpriiatii [Development of an innovative culture at the enterprise]. Vestnik Brianskoho hosudarstvennoho tekhnicheskoho universiteta – Bulletin of Bryansk State Technical University, 2 (22), 128-133 [in Russian].
- Patora, L., & Tsymbalista, N. (2008). Formuvannia innovatsiinoi kultury yak osnovy dlia rozvytku innovatsiinoho potentsialu pidpryiemstva [Forming of innovative culture as the basis for enterprises innovative capacity development]. Visnyk NU «Lvivska politekhnika» –Bulletin of «Lviv Polytechnic», 628, 603-608 [in Ukrainian].
- Trubytsyna, N.O. (n.d.). Innovatsii i orhanizatsionnaia kultura na predpriiatii [Innovation and organizational culture at the enterprise]. www.ekportal.ru. Retrieved from: http://www.ekportal.ru/page-id-751.html [in Ukrainian].
- Shypulina, Yu.S. (2015). Upravlinnia formuvanniam ta rozvytkom innovatsiinoi kultury pidpryiemstva [Management of formation and development of enterprise’s innovative culture]. Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsii – Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 202-212 [in Ukrainian].