Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Industrial Marketing, National Technical University of Ukraine «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute» (Kyiv, Ukraine)
Master’s Student of the Faculty of Management and Marketing, National Technical University of Ukraine «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute» (Kyiv, Ukraine)
The features of the positioning on the basis of forming a consumer value for solar energy are examined in the article; it makes possible to form the main principles of positioning as a provision basis of competitiveness of enterprises, which do activities on the solar energy market.
Effective positioning and promotion of the science-technical production for solar energy on the domestic market is essential for the country innovation potential realization, enhancement of national economy competitiveness in conditions of globalization of world business activities. The criteria of distinctive features are defined on the basis of market environment and determination of the solar energy market segments.
The aim of the article. Defining of the priorities of enterprises market positioning, which conduct their activity of the solar energy market.
The results of the analysis. Effective strategy of competitive positioning has the aim to form in the consciousness of target market an image of particular product (trade mark) and to protect its competitive differentiation. Examination of motivation features of Ukrainian consumers on the solar energy market made it possible to define that the rational motivation prevails due to the choice of supplier which must be done by consumers in terms of current phase of market development. Main criteria of making «to buy» decision is quality of photovoltaic (photovoltaics characteristics), certificates, service, prices, presence of minimum 50% of «domestic» component which is crucial for gaining the «green» tariff, and this is the basis for defining competitive positions on the market.
At the presence of normal market environment enterprises would have an opportunity to use almost all criteria of distinctive features by positioning on the photovoltaic market. But, taking into account the law norm about the 50% of «domestic» component, the majority of market operators should be moved into segments where the norm is out. In fact, only a few enterprises can conduct their activity in the majority of segments. The basis of their positioning is provision of «green» tariff gaining through the necessary percent of «domestic» component in the production of these enterprises.
Conclusions and directions of further researches. The main patterns for understanding of «positioning» category on the solar energy market in circumstances of the presence of «domestic» component factor are defined. The criteria of distinctive features by positioning and also possible strategies of photovoltaic positioning on the basis of benefit which must be gained by a consumer through selling energy with a «green» tariff and on the basis of offering a solution of stable energy supply problem are examined. It allows to lighten the process on practice.
Next step in the defining the problem solution must be an elaboration of methodical set of instruments concerning choice and realization of positioning strategies on the solar energy market and estimation of effectiveness of chosen strategies, and prediction of consequences of their application.
Keywords: positioning, segmenting, renewable energy market, solar energy
JEL Classification: D21, M31, Q42.
Cite as: Yazvinska N. & Baranovska, A. (2015). The features of product positioning for the Ukrainian solar energy . Marketing and Management of Innovations, 2, 221-233. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2015.2-19
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Zakon Ukrainy «Pro vnesennia zmin do Zakonu Ukrainy «Pro enerhetyku» shchodo stymuliuvannya vyrobnytstva elektroenerhii z alternatyvnykh dzherel enerhii» vid 20.11.2012 №5485-17 [The Law of Ukraine «About changes introduction into the Law of Ukraine «About Energetics» in reference to stimulation of energy production through renewable energy sources» dated 20.11.2012, №5485-17]. (2013). Vidomosti Verkhovnoyi Rady (VVR) – Records of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, №51, paragraph 714 [in Ukrainian].
- Aaker, D. (2007). Stratehicheskoie rynochnoie upravleniie [Strategic market management]. Saint Petersburg: Piter [in Russian].
- Borshchuk, Yе.M. (2006). Hlobalna enerhetychna problema i kontseptsiia stiikoho rozvytku [Global energetic problem and sustainable development conception]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky – Actual economic problems, 11, 218-225 [in Ukrainian].
- Doyl, P. (1999). Menedzhment: stratehiia i taktika [Management: strategy and tactics]. Saint Petersburg: Piter [in Russian].
- Zozulov, O.V., & Pysarenko, N.L. (2004). Rynkove pozytsionuvannia: z choho pochynaetsia stvorennia uspishnykh brendiv [Market positioning: what successful brand creation begins with]. Kyiv: Znannia-Pres [in Ukrainian].
- Kotler, Ph. (1998). Marketynh. Menedzhment: analiz, planirovanie, vnedrenie, kontrol [Marketing Management: analysis, planning, implementation, and control]. Saint Petersburg: Piter [in Russian].
- Kotler, Ph., Armstronh, G., Vonh, V., & Sonders, D. (2013). Osnovy marketinha [Basics of marketing]. (5th ed.). Viliams [in Russian].
- Lamben, Zh.-Zh. (1996). Stratehicheskii marketinh. Yevropeiskaia perspektiva [Strategic marketing. European perspective]. Saint Petersburg: Nauka [in Russian].
- Lytovchenko, V.H., & Strikha, M.V. (2015). Soniachna enerhetyka: poriadok dennyi dlia svitu i Ukrainy [Solar energetics: Agenda for the world and Ukraine ]. Kyiv: K.I.S. [in Ukrainian]
- Porter, M. (2006). Konkurentnaia stratehiia: Metodika analiza otraslei i konkurentov [Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Industries and Competitors Analyzing]. (2nd edit). Moscow: Alpina Biznes Buks [in Russian].
- Prymak, T.O. (2012). Stratehiia pozytsionuvannia u teorii marketynhu [The positioning strategy in marketing theory]. Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsii – Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 13-20 [in Ukrainian].
- Traut, Dzh., & Rays, Ye. (2004). Pozitsionirovaniie. Bitva za uznavaiemost [Positioning. The Battle for Your Mind]. Saint Petersburg: Piter [in Russian].
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. Ekonomichna statystyka. Nauka, tekhnolohiyi ta innovatsiyi [Governmental statistics service of Ukraine. Economics statistics. Science, technology and innovations]. (n.d.). ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Kravchenko, O. Normatyvno-pravove rehuliuvannia soniachnoi enerhetyky v Ukraini. Yuryst i zakon, №16 vid 24.04.2014 [Regulation of solar energetics in Ukraine / Lawyer and Law, No16 dated 24.04.2014]. (n.d.) gc.ua. Retrieved from http://gc.ua/uk/business-news/normativno-pravove-regulyuvannya-sonyachno%D1%97-energetiki-v-ukra%D1%97ni/ [in Ukrainian].
- Postanova Natsionalnoi komisii, shcho zdiisniue rehuliuvannia u sferakh enerhetyky ta komunalnykh posluh (NKREKP), №959 vid 27.03.2015 «Pro vstanovlennia «zelenykh» taryfiv na elektrychnu enerhiiu» [Regulation of the National Committee, which does regulations in realms of energetics and public utilities (NCSEPU), No. 959 dated 27.03.2015 «About introduction of green tariffs for electicity»]. (n.d.). www.nerc.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.nerc.gov.ua/?id=14929 [in Ukrainian].
- Skryshevskyi, V.A. (n.d.). Shcho take soniachna enerhetyka i chy potribna vona sohodni Ukraini [What is solar energy and whether it is needed nowadays for Ukraine]. iht.univ.kiev.ua. Retrieved from http://iht.univ.kiev.ua/Ukraine-Solar-cells-article [in Ukrainian].