Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Doctoral Student of the Department of Computer Systems and Technologies, Simon Kuznets Kharkiv National University of Economics (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. The aim of the article is to develop theoretic grounds to calculate enterprise marketing activity factors, which characterize its long term consequences with production demand formation in future.
The results of the analysis. One suggests to estimate enterprise marketing activity by criterion on future enterprise abilities creation to form production demand. That’s why enterprise marketing activity factors have to include enterprise marketing potential factors. These factors allow to evaluate perspective consequences of the marketing activity and its impact on future enterprise abilities.
The resulting estimation of the enterprise marketing potential is maximal profit value, which enterprise will receive in the prognosticated period with existing marketing resources at the period beginning (such as consumers’ awareness about enterprise; consumers’ expectations concerning production quality level; consumers’ loyalty level; service level at the enterprise; developed conceptions of products and service) without considering limitations, put with producing and financial abilities of the given enterprise.
Mathematic instrument to calculate enterprise marketing activity potential is investigated optimal dynamic model, which allows to calculate potential profit of the enterprise with existing marketing resources. This model allows to estimate future consequences of the existing marketing resources, which are results of the previous marketing activity at the enterprise, and, thus, it evaluates enterprise marketing activity in reporting period.
In order to consider different duration and importance of marketing consequences, to estimate enterprise marketing activity, the evaluating system of three levels in marketing potential is suggested. They are strategic, tactic and operative levels.
Conclusions and directions for further research. Business activity is based on the renewing processes, and enterprise builds its own future at its existing every moment. That’s why we suppose that it is important to estimate results of the enterprise current activity by criterion of abilities creation to conduct its successful work in future. This confirmation concerns the marketing activity estimation. Marketing potential factors use to estimate enterprise marketing activity allows to consider perspective consequences in marketing activity, its impact on future abilities at the enterprise. It will provide the increase of marketing activity management efficiency.
Keywords: estimation of enterprise marketing activity, estimation of enterprise marketing potential, operative, tactic and strategic potential of enterprise, optimal dynamic model, optimal management task
JEL Classification: M31, С61.
Cite as: Potrashkova, L. (2015). Estimation of the enterprise marketing activity by criterion on future abilities creation to form demand. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 47-55. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2015.3-04
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Potrashkova, L.V. (2014). Otsinka rezultativ diialnosti pidpryiemstva zi stvorennia yoho maibutnikh spromozhnostei: pokaznyky ta modeli [Estimation of results of enterprise activity aimed at creation of its future capabilities: indexes and models]. Ekonomichna kibernetyka – Economic cybernetics, 1-3(8587), 61-69 [in Ukrainian].
- Ambler, T., & Kokkinaki, F. (2002). Measuring marketing performance: Which way is up? Business Performance Measurement: Theory and Practice. (pp. 225-243). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press [in English].
- Gavrilenko, N.I. (2008). Vozrastaniie roli stratehicheskoho marketinha v upravlenii hoziaystvuiushchimi subiektami [Increase of the role of the strategic marketing in economic entities management]. Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom – Management in Russia and abroad, 4, 83-91 [in Russian].
- Lambin, J.-J., & Peeters, R. (1977). La gestion marketing des entreprises. Paris: Presses universitaires de france (Coll. «Systèmes-Décisions») [in French].
- Shchinova, R.A. (2011). Poniatiinyi apparat otsenki effektivnosti marketinhovoi deiatelnosti promyshlennoho predpriiatiia [Conceptual construct of estimation of efficiency of industrial enterprise marketing activity]. Izvestiia Sankt-Peterburhskoho universiteta ekonomiki i finansov – News of the Saint Petersburg university of economy and finances, 5, 22-25 [in Russian].
- Ambler, T., & Kokkinaki, F. (2002). Otsenka marketinhovoi deiatelnosti [Estimation of marketing activity]. Marketinh – Marketing. (pp. 1042-1064). Saint Petersburg: Piter [in Russian].
- Sheth, J.N., & Sisodia, R.S. (2002). Marketing productivity issues and analysis. Journal of Business Research, 55 (5), 349-362 [in English].
- Rust, R., Ambler, T., Carpenter, G., Kumar, V., & Strivastava, R. (2004). Measuring marketing productivity: Current knowledge and future directions. Journal of Marketing, 68 (10), 76-89 [in English].
- Oyner, O.K. (2008). Otsenka rezultativnosti marketinha s pozitsii sistemy upravleniia biznesom [Estimation of marketing effectiveness from positions of business control system]. Rossiiskii zhurnal menedzhmenta – Russian management journal,Vol. 6, 2, 27-46 [in Russian].
- Karapeichik, I.N. (2011). Poniatii potentsiala v ekonomike: obshchaia kontseptsiia [Сoncept of potential in economics: general conception]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Efficient economy, 12. Retrieved from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/index.php?operation=1&iid=820 [in Russian].
- Gryniova, V.M., & Kozyrieva, O.V. (2006). Sotsialno-ekonomichni problemy innovatsiinoho rozvytku pidpryiemst [Socio-economic problems of enterprises innovative development]. Kharkiv: VD «INZHEK» [in Ukrainian].
- Rodionova, A.P. (2009). Otsenka i realizatsiia marketinhovoho potentsiala razvitiia mashinostroitelniykh predpriiatii reyiona [Estimation and implementation of marketing potential of machine-building enterprises of the region]. Reyionoloyiia – Regional Studies, 3, 23-29 [in Russian].
- Faizulaieva, K.A. (2011). Otsinka marketynhovoho potentsialu na analitychnomu etapi protsesu marketynhovoho audytu na pidpryiemstvi [Estimation of marketing potential at the analytical stage of enterprise marketing audit]. Visnyk ekonomiky transportu i promyslovosti – Bulletin of transport and industry economics, 33, 289-292 [in Ukrainian].
- Polinicencu, C., Mateescu, I., & Burta, C. (2008). Original method for the evaluation of the sales potential of over the counter (OTC) drugs on Romanian pharmaceutical market. Farmacia, LVI, 5, 547-555 [in English].
- Potrashkova, L.V. (2014). Enterprise marketing potential modeling taking into account optimizing and dynamic essence of the potential. Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsyi – Marketing and Management of Innovations, 4, 75-83 [in English].