Doctor of Economics, Professor, Professor of the Department of International Economy, National Technical University of Ukraine «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute» (Kyiv, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. The aim of the article is to study the progress of world engineer trends; determination of key factors of success and failures in this important industry of economy in the conditions of globalization; possibility of foreign experience application in practice of domestic enterprises functioning.
The results of the analysis. From the state of innovative potential of mechanical industry, perfections of producible machines in a great deal depend on general level of national economy development, its defensive capacity, quality of population life. In a world engineer the dominant position is occupied by the small group of developed countries: the USA, Japan, Germany, France, Great Britain, Italy, and Canada. In the group of leaders are Russia, China and some small industrially developed countries. The stake of countries-leaders is high in the world export of machines (80%). Basic attention in development of engineer in the developed countries belongs to heavy engineering, motor industry, atomic and power technique, machine-tool construction, microelectronics, robotics, aviation and space-rocket industry, producing of military products.
At the same time, the group of «G7» countries over the years yields to the positions of actively developing countries («E7»). General tendency in the world is transference of productions of subzero and environments from the developed countries to developing countries. This process is substantially assisted by ТNК. They create the unfolded network of branches all over the world. High qualification of workers is required in the countries of basing remain mainly R&D and difficult productions. In sufficient experience of successful innovative development of national economies (countries of ОECD, «G7», «E7») the world is accumulated. It is important to study such experience taking into account national interests (the desired changes in politics and economy, science and technique).
It is necessary to envisage the presence of several blocks in the structure of strategy of engineer development: basic problems of engineer development; pre-conditions for forming of effective industrial politics; analysis of reasons of problem origin and ground of necessity of its decision by a programmatic method; the aim of the strategy; determination of optimal variant of problem decision; ways and methods for problem decision, terms for implementation of all strategy measures; organizational mechanism of the development, acceptance and realization of strategy; expected results of strategy implementation, determination of its efficiency; estimation of financial, material, technical, and labor resources which are necessary for strategy implementation; control after strategy realization.
Conclusions and directions of further researches. The state of the country in such primary objectives must be realized in a maximal degree and can be highly developed considering the increase of people welfare and defense of their interests. Factors of success are the presence of leader and programs of strategic and tactical changes. Decisions are influenced by the next constituents: historical traditions – classical learning – front-rank science – powerful industry – developed economy – high quality of life – sustainable development. Powerful industry is innovative productions, foremost, in industries of engineer, with the high stake of value added in the produced products for providing of necessities of both internal and external market. The increasing necessities of citizens of the state can be satisfied only in the conditions of high-performance and rich in content labor in all spheres of vital functions. Theory, methodology and practical experience of successes and failures in the development, acceptance and realization of the programs of industrial complex development on the whole and engineers, in particular, are known. There is a need in perfection of the system of motivation and responsibility.
Keywords: engineer, globalization, industrialization, innovations, leadership, mechanical industry, quality of life
JEL Classification: A13, E62, F21, L52, N60.
Cite as: Gerasymchuk, V. (2015). Factors of leadership in the world market of mechanical industry products. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 84-104. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2015.3-08
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- PricewaterhouseCoopers: Prohnoz razvitiia mirovoi ekonomiki s 2015 do 2050 hoda. Tsentr humanitarnykh tekhnolohii. Informatsionno-analiticheskii portal [PricewaterhouseCoopers: Prognosis of development of world economy from 2015 2050 to. Center of humanitarian technologies. Research and information portal]. (n.d.). gtmarket.ru. Retrieved from http://gtmarket.ru/news/2015/02/11/7089 [in Russian].
- Aleksandrova, V.P., Skrypnychenko, M.I., & Fedulova, L.I. (2007). Prohnozuvannia vplyvu innovatsiinykh faktoriv na rozvytok ekonomiky Ukrainy [Influence prognostication of innovative factors on development of economy of Ukraine]. Ekonomika i prohnozuvannia – Economics and prediction, 2, 9-26 [in Ukrainian].
- Alymov, O.M., Danylenko, A.I., & Trehobchuk, W.M. (2005). Ekonomichnii rozvytok Ukrainy: instytutsionalne ta resursne zabezpechennia [Economic development of Ukraine: institutional and resource providing]. Kyiv: Obiednanyi in-t ekonomiky NAN Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
- Alymov, O.M., Amosha, O.I., & Makohon, Yu.V. (2014). Pershyi etap modernizatsii ekonomiky Ukrainy [First stage of modernisation of economy of Ukraine: experience and problems]. Zaporizhzhia: KPU [in Ukrainian].
- Bazhal, J.M. (1996). Ekonomichna teoriia tekhnolohichnich zmin [Economic theory of technological changes]. Kyiv: Zapowit [in Ukrainian].
- Haiiets, V.M. (2015). Innovatsiina Ukraina 2020: natsionalna dopovid [Innovative Ukraine 2020: national lecture]. Kyiv: NAN Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
- Illiashenko, S.M. (2014). Marketynhovi aspekty upravlinnia innovatsiinym rozvytkom [Marketing aspects of management innovative development]. Sumy: TOW «Drukarskyi dim Papirus» [in Ukrainian].
- Fedulova, L.I. (2008). Tekhnolohichna modernizatsia promyslovosti Ukrainy [Technological modernisation of industry of Ukraine] [in Ukrainian].
- Franko, I. (2004). Shcho take postup? [What is the advancement?]. Vol. 3, Literary Criticism, Publicism. Drohobych, Kolo [in Ukrainian].
- Mazur, O.A., & Shovkaliuk, W.S. (2009). Tekhnolohichni parky. Svitovyi ta ukrainskyi dosvid [Technological parkas. World and Ukrainian experience]. Kyiv: Prok-Biznes [in Ukrainian].
- Sanin, F.P., Dzhur, E.A., Sanin, A.F., & Khutornyi, W.W. (2005). Kosmos i tekhnolohii [Space and technologies]. Dnepropetrovsk: ART-PRESS [in Russian].
- Skudar, G.M. (1999). Upravlenie konkurentosposobnostiu krupnoho aktsionernoho obschestva: problemy i resheniia [Management by the competitiveness of large joint-stock company: problems and decisions]. Kiev: Naukova dumka [in Russian].
- Solovev, V.P. (2004). Innovatsionnaia deiatelnost kak sistemnyi protsess v konkurentnoi ekonomike (Sinerheticheskie effekty innovatsii) [Innovations as a complex process in competitive economics (Sinergetic effects of innovation)]. Kiev: Feniks [in Russian].
- Teletov, O.S., Ivashova, N.V., & Nahornyi, Ye.I. (2013). Innovatsii v marketynhu promyslovoho pidpryemstva [Innovations in industrial enterprises marketing]. Sumy: Sumskyi derzhavnyi universitet [in Ukrainian].
- Chirkov, V.G. (2005). Effektometriia: Populiarnyie ocherki [Measuring of effect: popular essays]. Kiev: Feniks [in Russian].
- Zverev, A.V. (2009). Teoriia formirivaniia natsionalnykh innovatsyonnykh system [Theory of forming of the national innovative systems]. Moscow: Statistika Rossii [in Russian].
- Kondratev, V. Hlobalnyi rynok mashynostroeniia [Global market of mechanical industry]. (n.d.). perspektivy.info. Retrieved from http://www.perspektivy.info/rus/ekob/globalnyj_rynok_ mashinostrojenija_2013-10-24.htm [in Russian].
- Lebedeva, I.P. (2012). Hlobalizatsiia yaponskoho promyshlennoho proizvodstva [Globalization of the Japanese industrial production]. Moscow: Institut vostokovedeniia RAN [in Russian].
- Lee Kuan, Yew. (n.d.). From third world to first. The Singapore Story: 1965-2000. New York: HarperCollins Publishers [in English].
- Polovinkin, V.N., & Fomichew, A.B. (n.d.). Sovremennoie sostoianie i problemy razvitiia otechestvennoho mashinostroeniia [Modern state and problems of development of home of mechanical industry]. proatom.ru. Retrieved from http://www.proatom.ru/modules.php?name=News&file= print&sid=4639 [in Russian].
- Brian, C. Twiss (1992). Managing Technological Innovation. 4th edition. FT PrenticeHall [in English].
- Robert, H., & Waterman, Jr. (1987). The Renewal Factor. How the best get and keep the competitive edge. Bantam Books [in English].
- Hicks, J. (1969). A Theory of Economic History. Oxford, 145-166 [in English].
- The 12th Five-Year Plan: China’ Economic Transition, Economist Corporate Network. (2011). Shanghai. [in English].
- Kostiuk, D. (n.d.). Itohi hoda dlia ukrainskoho mashinostroeniia [Results of year for the Ukrainian of mechanical industry]. forbes.ua. Retrieved from http://forbes.ua/ua/opinions/1385902-pidsumki-roku-dlya-ukrayinskogo-mashinobuduvannya [in Russian].
- Ob odobrenii Kontseptsii Obschehosudarstvennoi tselevoi ekonomicheskoi prohrammy razvitiia promyshlennosti na period do 2020 hoda [About approval of Conception of the National having a special purpose economic program of development of industry on a period 2020]. (n.d.). zakon4.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/603-2013-%D1%80 [in Russian].