Doctor of Economics, Professor, Head of the Department of Marketing and MIA, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine), Habilitated Doctor, Professor, University of Economics and Humanities (Bielsko-Biala, Poland)
Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Marketing and MIA, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. Analysis and systematization of possible effects of the fourth industrial revolution both positive and negative, development of recommendations for innovative development strategies formation which would allow the use of opportunities for social and economic growth and will prevent treats.
The results of the analysis. Based on a systematic analysis of the literature and practice of management allocated the positive and negative effects of the introduction of innovative technologies (both existing and forecasted), created in line with the fourth industrial revolution. The results of their systematization can be used as basis for the formation of an information base to determine the priorities of innovation.
It is shown that distribution of the changes caused by the fourth industrial revolution and the completion of the fifth technological way and the transition to the sixth provide chances to individual institutions and national economies to move to outstripping innovative development.
On the example of Ukraine and modern forms of work organization (freelance) for the various sectors of activity it is shown that domestic experts have leading positions in global markets, they are successfully implementing the technology generated by the fourth industrial revolution. It demonstrates the significant potential of transition to the sixth technological way. The generalized scheme of formation of Ukrainian innovative development priority directions in line with the concept of technological advance is developed.
It is shown that Ukraine has considerable potential for innovation growth which is relevant to the terms of the fourth industrial revolution. In particular, the 2015 world rankings in knowledge and innovation, it had high enough position: knowledge creation – 14; innovation effectiveness – 15; spending on education – 18; number of applications for patents – 19; number of graduates in science and technology – 20; number of employees in knowledge provision – 39. According to the agency «Bloomberg», Ukraine is among TOP 50 innovative economies (41 position). According to it the least effective component of the innovation economy of Ukraine is state (government regulation). This factor will be insignificant in the future.
Conclusions and directions of further researches. The obtained results develop innovative management theory concerning the formation of prerequisites for the transition to advanced development in terms of the fourth industrial revolution. Further research should focus on the development and scientific substantiation of appropriate methodological tools.
Keywords: fourth industrial revolution, innovative advance, strategies of innovative development, potential of innovative development, management of innovative development
JEL Classification: O33, O38, M21, M31.
Cite as: Illiashenko S. & Illiashenko, N. (2016). Opportunities and threats of the fourth industrial revolution and their reflection in the selection of innovative growth strategies. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 11-21. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2016.1-01
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Chetvertaіa promуshlennaіa revolіutsііa, іlі kak perestat bespokoіtsіa po povodu kursa dollara [The fourth industrial revolution, or how to stop worrying about the dollar]. (n.d.). Retrieved from: https://politota.dirty.ru/chetviortaia-promyshlennaia-revoliutsiia-984132/ [in Russian].
- Klaus, Schwab. (2015). The Fourth Industrial Revolution. What It Means and How to Respond. Foreign Affairs, December 12, Retrived from https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2015-12-12/fourth-industrial-revolution [in English].
- 4-ia promуshlennaіa revolіutsііa v Davose [4th Industrial Revolution in Davos]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://expert.ru/2016/01/21/chetvertaya-promyishlennaya-revolyutsiya/ [in Russian].
- Іndustrііa 4.0: chto takoe chetvertaіa promуshlennaіa revolіutsііa? [Industry4.0: What is the fourth industrial revolution]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://hi-news.ru/business-analitics/industriya-4-0-chto-takoe-chetvertaya-promyshlennaya-revolyuciya.html [in Russian].
- Promуshlennaіa revolіutsііa 4 [Industrial revolution 4]. (n.d.). Retrived from http://industriya.com/news/185-promyshlennaja-revolyucija-4.html [in Russian].
- Chto podarіt і chem uhrozhaet chelovechestvu Chetvertaіa promуshlennaіa revolіutsііa [What present and what threatens humanity fourth industrial revolution]. (n.d.). Retrived from http://politeka.net/156761-chto-podarit-i-chem-ugrozhaet-chelovechestvu-chetvertaya-promyshlennaya-revolyutsiya/ [in Russian].
- Illiashenko, N.S. (2014). Formuvannіa teoretychnykh zasad vyperedzhalnoho rozvytku na rivni krainy ta pidpryіemstva [Formation of the theoretical foundations of outstripping development at the country level and enterprise]. Ekonomichnyі chasopys XXI – Economic Annals–XXI, 5-6, 78-81 [in Ukrainian].
- Illiashenko, N.S. (2014). The comparative analysis out stripping and alternative types of development. Marketing and management of innovations, 2, 21-28 [in English].
- Osobennostі uspeshnoho frіlansa v Ukraіne і mіre: sovetу і mnenііa ekspertov [Features of success full freelancing in Ukraine and the world: tips and expert opinion]. (n.d.). Retrived from http://ubr.ua/business-practice/own-business/osobennosti-uspeshnogo-frilansa-v-ukraine-i-mire-sovety-i-mneniia-ekspertov-311333 [in Russian].
- Analіtyka IT-rinka frіlanserov Vostochnoі Evropу: Ukraіna lіdіruet [Analysis of IT-market freelancers Eastern Europe: Ukraine leader]. (n.d.). Retrived from http://dou.ua/lenta/articles/freelance-eastern-europe/ [in Russian].
- Illiashenko, S.M. (2015). Rozvytok frilansu yak factor zabezpechennіa ekonomichnoyi bezpeky Ukrayiny: otsinka perspektyv [Development of freelancing as a factor of economic security of Ukraine: assessment of prospects]. Ekonomichna bezpeka terytorialno-vyrobnychykh kompleksiv: enerhetyka, ekolohiіa, informatsiіni tekhnolohii – Economic security clusters: energy, environment, information technology, (pp. 185-189). Kyiv: «MP Lesia» [in Ukrainian].
- Shipulina,Yu.S. (2013). Innovatsiіna kultura yak osnova spryіatlyvoho seredovyshcha innovatsiіnoho rozvytku orhanizatsii: metodychni zasady otsinky [Innovation culture as the basis of a favorable environment or innovation development organization: assessment of methodological principles]. Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsii – Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 236-246 [in Ukrainian].
- Illiashenko, S.M. (2010). Kontseptualni zasady marketynhovoho prohnozuvannіa stratehichnykh naprіamiv naukovo-tekhnolohichnoho innovatsiіnoho rozvytku Ukrayiny na osnovi ekspertnykh otsinok [Conceptual Foundations of marketing forecasting of strategic areas of scientific and technological innovation development of Ukraine on the basis of expert assessments]. Visnyk natsionalnoho universytetu «Lvivska politekhnika». Problemy ekonomiky ta upravlinnіa – Journal of Lviv Polytechnic National University. Problems of Economics and Management, 668, 68-74 [in Ukrainian].
- The Global Innovation Index. (2015). The Human Factor in Innovation. Retrieved from https://www.globalinnovationindex.org/content/page/gii-full-report-2015/ [in English].
- Human Development Report. (2015). The Rise of the South: Human Progress in a Diverse World. Retrieved from http://hdr.undp.org/sites/default/files/2015_human_development_report_1.pdf [in English].
- Bloomberg pomistyv Ukrayinu u TOP-50 innovatsiynykh ekonomik svitu [Bloomberg placed Ukraine in the top 50 innovative economies in the world]. (n.d.). Retrived from http://www.pravda. com.ua/news/2016/01/19/7095939/ [in Ukrainian].