Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Economic Theory, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Economic Theory, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
Candidate of Economic Sciences (Kyiv, Ukraine)
Student of the Balatsky Academic and Scientific Institute of Finance, Economics and Management, Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. The establishment of a land-use rational system, based on the effective state regulation of the Ukrainian Land Fund, is one of the main state tasks to solve problems in land resources and environmental management. The goal of the article is to improve the fundamentals to manage land resources of Ukraine. For its solution the following tasks are set: to analyze current state and structure of the Ukrainian land fund; to examine methods and forms of land fund management; to justify possible directions of the Ukrainian land fund rational use.
The results of the article. It was established that structure of land fund can change under the influence of environmental, economic, human and other factors. But for last years have no essential structure changes been.
There are certain legal issues to divide lands into categories that need to be solved, namely: difficulties to identify land categories by their intended use. At the moment, the identification occurs by business entity; the imperfection of the current legislation – legal status of certain categories of land is not supported by normative content; absence of only one methodology to determine intended use of land legally, which in turn produces different results; the problem of land belonging to several categories.
All methods of the land resources state regulation are divided into the following groups: economic, administrative, organizational and social and psychological (educational). General methods include administrative and economic methods, which are directed to land relations and are realized considering all conditions of the state regulation.
It should be noted that since we consider land management, i.e. management that includes general environmental and economic management features, environmentally oriented methods classification is observed due to positions of classical management theory, focusing on its motivational component.
It should be noted, that under modern conditions economic methods are the most effective, while using of which such conditions are created, stimulating consumers and land users to run their activity in required area, which satisfies personal and public interests. Management methods are chosen within scientific principles of land relations regulation, preconditioned with legal norms, considering regulated relations character; importance of regulated question; specific of objects and subjects’ activity competence under regulating.
On the bases of economic and administrative methods, the system of land resources and relations management, connected with their use, which includes:
– method of the obligatory regulations means to keep managerial decisions absolutely);
– method of recommendations means to account local conditions and peculiarities while making managerial decisions;
– sanctioning method means to make managerial decision by the proper state body, legal power of which occurs only after its confirmation procedure by the competent body;
– extension method means full self-government of the proper state bodies, which don’t require further confirmation of the accepted decisions by them.
It was established that modern system of land management should be aimed at: preservation and restoration of land and resource potential; introduction of efficient technologies for land use; optimizing the use of agricultural land; creation of effective land market; the formation of national and regional governance and monitoring the use of land resources; normalization of relations concerning land ownership; consolidation of agricultural land. Thus, these strategic directions to improve land efficiency use can be implemented, providing regional perspective of each individual territory, economic and legal business environment.
Conclusions and directions of further researches. Thus, these strategic directions to improve the land efficiency use can be implemented, providing regional perspective of each individual territory, economic and legal business environment. The implementation of these strategic directions is the basis for the successful development of sustainable land and resource potential of the national economy. It will help to improve the welfare of population and strengthen the economic potential of the country.
Thus, author’s assumptions allow to investigate theoretical and methodic approach in further studies to form organization and economic mechanism of the land management and to estimate efficiency of land management system at large.
Keywords: land fund, land resources, land categories, management methods, management tools
JEL Classification: Q15, H10, P41.
Cite as: Shkola, V., Domashenko, M., Kuchmiyov A. & Novak, K. (2016). Fundamentals of Ukrainian land fund management. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 2, 235-245. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2016.2-21
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Vesnin, V.R. (1998). Prakticheskii menedzhment personala [Practical management personnel]. Moscow: Yurist [in Russian].
- Galushkina, T.P. (2000). Ekonomicheskiie instrumenty ekolohicheskoho menedzhmenta (teoriia i praktika) [Economic instruments of environmental management (theory and practice)]. Odessa: IPREEI NAN Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
- Gorlachuk, V.V., & Sohnich, A.Ya. (2002). Upravlinnia zemelnymy resursamy [Land Management]. Kyiv: Dovira [in Ukrainian].
- Evtushenko, V.A. (1997). Teoriia obshchestvennoho vybora i nesovershenstvo obshchestvennoho sektora [Public choice theory and the imperfection of the public sector]. Vestnik Harkovskoho hosudarstvennoho universiteta: ekonomicheskaia seriia – Bulletin of the Kharkov State University: economic series, 398, 152-160 [in Russian].
- Lapechuk, P.I., Chupis, A.V., Kashenko, O.L., & Shershun, M.H. (1994). Ekonomichne reguliuvannia ohorony pryrody [Economic regulation of nature]. Kyiv: Urozhai [in Ukrainian].
- Zemelniy kodeks Ukrayini vid 25.10.2001 r. №2768-III (zi zminami ta dopovnennyami) [Land Code of Ukraine from October, 25, 2001 №2768-III]. zakon4.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2768-14 [in Ukrainian].
- Zemelnyi fond Ukrainy stanom na 1 sichnia 2015 roku ta dinamika yoho zmin v porivnianni z danymy na 1 sichnia 2014 roku [Land Fund of Ukraine as of 1 January 2015, and the dynamics of its changes in comparison with data of January 1, 2014]. Derzhgeokadastr – State land cadastre. Retrieved from http://land.gov.ua/info/zemelnyi-fond-ukrainy-stanom-na-1-sichnia-2015-roku-ta-dynamika-ioho-zmin-v-porivnianni-z-danymy-na-1-sichnia-2014-roku/ [in Ukrainian].
- Zemelnyi fond Ukrainy stanom na 1 sichnia 2016 roku ta dinamika yoho zmin v porivnianni z danymy na 1 sichnia 2015 roku [Land Fund of Ukraine as of 1 January 2016, and the dynamics of its changes in comparison with data of January 1, 2015]. Derzhgeokadastr – State land cadastre. Retrieved from http://land.gov.ua/info/zemelnyi-fond-ukrainy-stanom-na-1-sichnia-2016-roku-ta-dynamika-ioho-zmin-u-porivnianni-z-danymy-na-1-sichnia-2015-roku/ [in Ukrainian].
- Illyashenko, S.M. (2003). Upravlinnia innovatsiinym rozvytkom: problemy, kontseptsii, metody [Management of innovation development: challenges, concepts, methods:]. Sumy: VTD “Universitetska kniha” [in Ukrainian].
- Kislyy, V.N., Lapin, E.V., & Trofimenko, N.A. (2002). Ekolohizatsiia upravleniia predpriiatiem [Greeninga enterprise management]. Sumy: Universitetskaia kniha [in Ukrainian].
- Lukyanihin, V.A., & Petrushenko, N.N. (2004). Ekolohicheskii menedzhment: printsipy i metody. [Ecological Management: Principles and methods]. Sumy: ITD “Universitetskaya kniha” [in Russian].
- Melnik, L.G. (2006). Ekolohichna ekonomika [Ecological Economics]. Sumy: Universitetska kniha [in Ukrainian].
- Melnik, L.G. (1995). Zaochnyi kurs ekolohicheskoho menedzhmenta dlia rabotnikov horodskikh samoupravlenii Rossii i Ukrainy (pilotnyi proekt) [Correspondence Course Environmental Management for the employees of the city governments of Russia and Ukraine (the pilot project)]. TACIS, ICLEI [in Russian].
- Harichkov, S.K., & Andreeva, N.N. (2005). Sistema instrumentov mobilizatsii prirodno-resursnogo potentsiala i ekolohizatsii rehionalnogo razvitiia . Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy – Journal of Economic Sciences of Ukraine, 1, 132-143 [in Ukrainian].
- Shkola, V. (2008). Ekolohizatsiia innovatsiinoi diialnosti u zabezpechenni staloho rozvytku [Innovative activity ecologization in sustainable development providing]. Mekhanizm rehuliuvannia ekonomiky – Mechanism of economic regulation, 4, 150-158 [in Ukrainian].
- Pahomova, N., Endres, A., & Rihter, K. (2003). Ekolohicheskii menedzhment [Environmental management]. St-Petersburg: Piter [in Russian].
- Hens, L., Melnik, L., & Bun, E. (1998). Ekonomika prirodopolzovaniia [Environmental economics]. Kyiv: Naukova dumka [in Russian].
- Endres, A. (1995). Ekonomika okruzhaiushchei sredy. Vvedenie [Economics environment. Introduction.] Kiev: Lybid [in Russian].
- Yun, V.O. (1993). Vozmozhnyie napravleniia reorhanizatsii prirodoohrany v Rossii (opyt primeneniia ekonomicheskikh instrumentov v razvityh stranah) [Possible directions for the reorganization of the conservation in Russia (experience of the use of economic instruments in developed countries)]. Problemy prohnozirovaniia – Problems of forecasting, 3, 160-169 [in Russian].
- Yachmeneva, V.M., & Zaytsev, N.V. (2005). Ekonomicheskii mehanizm obespecheniia ekolohicheskoi bezopasnosti rehiona kak obiekt upravleniia [Economic mechanism of ecological safety of region as object of management]. Kultura narodov Prichernomoria – The economic mechanism of environmental security of the region as a control object, 74, 1, 100-104 [in Russian].