Odessa National Economic University (Odessa, Ukraine)
Odessa National Economic University (Odessa, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. Determination of the problems associated with the operation of water transport enterprises, influencing the development of tourist flow in the regions of Ukraine. Investigation of the relationship between the problems of the cruise ports of the Black Sea regional infrastructure and related sectors of the economy, defining the nature of the impact of tourist traffic factors to ensure the competitiveness of the water transport enterprises.
The results of the analysis. In the process of this study the authors used methods of analysis and synthesis, induction and deduction (used in determining the factors that affect the tourist flows in the regions of Ukraine), systematization and generalization (to clarify the problems of port infrastructure modernization and development of measures to ensure the service of tourists on water transport, systematization of the key aspects of the development of tourist traffic in the coastal regions, and in general on the waterways of the country).
Systemic problems in the functioning of water transport enterprises are determined. Inner connections have been established between the problems of modernization of the water transport sector in the region and the process of activating of tourism movement. Economic instruments for regional development of the cruise tourism are proposed. Water transport sector, which included leading role of commercial sea port, in most countries with access to the sea and ocean routes, operating more efficiently than other sectors of the national economy. Positioning of Ukraine as a maritime state requires a consideration of global trends of world maritime trade and keeping of integration processes in the tourism market, taking place in regions of the state. The need of the domestic transport sector and port infrastructure dictated by the high profitability of tourism market through recognized competitive advantages of waterway transport (environmental friendliness, low cost, investment attractiveness, etc.).
Conclusions and directions of further researches. The scientific novelty of the research is the identified system of measures to ensure the revitalization and development of the tourist movement at the enterprises of water transport in the regions of Ukraine and influence the formation of the investment attractiveness of the industry and the regions as a whole. Determining the nature of the links between measures to modernize the infrastructure of cruise tourism and the management of competitiveness of the regional tourism product allows to create an effective regional tourist flow control system in the coastal regions of the country.
The results can be used for further research in this area, as well as in the practice of shipping companies as an integral element in the formation of investment strategies, as well as local governments to improve management of tourism flow and competitiveness of the regional tourism product.
Keywords: tourist flow, water transport companies, region, investments, infrastructure of cruise tourism
JEL Classification: L83, L92, O18, R41, R58.
Cite as: Nezdoyminov S. & Andryeyeva, N. (2017). Studies of tourist traffic on the water transport in Ukraine. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 205-212. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2017.1-18
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Vogel, M., Papathanassis, A., & Wolber, B. (Ed.). (2012). The business and management of ocean cruises. CABI [in English].
- Bosneagu, R., Coca, C.E., & Sorescu, F. (2015). Management and Marketing Elements in Maritime Cruises Industry. European Cruise Market. EIRP Proceedings, Vol 10, 350-351 [in English].
- Zhikhareva, V.V. (2012). Sovremennyie tendentsyy razvytyia rynka kruiznoho sudokhodstva [Modern market development trends of cruise shipping]. Rozvytok metodiv upravlinnia i hospodariuvannia na transporti – Development of Management and Тransport Management, Vol. 39, 2, 153-166 [in Russian].
- Lohunova, N.A. (2013). Mirovoi rynok kruiznoi industri: osobennosti formirovaniia i perspekivy razvitiia [The global market for the cruise industry: features of formation and development prospects]. Visnyk Berdianskoho universytetu menedzhmentu i biznesu – Bulletin of Berdyansk University of Management and Business, Vol. 2, 22, 29-34 [in Russian].
- Antonenko, І., & Melnyk, І. (2015). Mekhanizm upravlinnia innovatsiynym kruyiznym turystychnym produktom [Mechanism of Innovative Cruise Tourism Products Managing]. Ekonomicnij Casopis-XXI – Economic Annals-XXI, Vol. 1-2, 2, 59-62 [in Ukrаinian].
- Pro zatverdzhennia Morskoi doktryny Ukrayiny na period do 2035 roku. Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrayiny vid 07.10.2009 # 1307. [Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (October, 07, no 1307, 2009. On approval of the Marine Doctrine of Ukraine till 2035]. (2009). zakon1.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/ [in Ukrаinian].
- Ekonomika rehioniv u 2015 rotsi: novi realiyi i mozhlyvosti v umovakh zapochatkovanykh reform. [The region’s economy in 2015: new realities and opportunities in terms of reforms initiated]. (2016). Kyiv: NISD [in Ukrаinian].
- Nezdoyminov, S., & Shykina, О. (2016). Regional Trends of the Tourist Flow in Ukraine. International Journal of Innovative Studies in Sociology and Humanities, Vol.1, 1, 12-18. ijissh.org/articles. Retrieved from http://ijissh.org/articles/2016-2/volume-1-issue-1/ [in English].
- Turystychna diialnist v Ukrayini u 2014 rotsi: statystychnyy zbirnyk [Tourist activity in Ukraine in 2014: Statistical Yearbook]. (2015). Kyiv: State Statistics Service of Ukraine [in Ukrаinian].
- Turystychna diialnist v Ukrayini u 2015 rotsi: statystychnyy zbirnyk. [Tourist activity in Ukraine in 2015: Statistical Yearbook]. (2016). Kyiv: State Statistics Service of Ukraine [in Ukrаinian].
- Statystychni dani po investytsiynykh proektakh [Statistical data about investment projects]. new.mtu.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://new.mtu.gov.ua/timeline/Analitika.html [in Ukrаinian].
- Transport i zviazok Ukrayiny – 2014 r: statystychnyy zbirnyk. [Transport and Communications of Ukraine – 2014. Statistical digest of the State Statistics Service]. (2015). Kyiv: State Statistics Service of Ukraine [in Ukrаinian].
- Transport i zviazok Ukrainy – 2015 r: statystychnyy zbirnyk. [Transport and Communications of Ukraine – 2015. Statistical digest of the State Statistics Service]. (2016). Kyiv: State Statistics Service of Ukraine [in Ukrаinian].
- Statystyka Dunayskoho sudokhodstva v 2013-2014 hh. [Statistics Danube navigation in 2013-2014]. (2015). www.danubecommission.org. Retrieved from http://www.danubecommission.org/uploads/doc/RU.pdf [in Russian].
- CLIA Contribution of Cruise Tourism to the Economies of Europe – 2015. (2016). www.cliaeurope.eu. Retrieved from http://www.cliaeurope.eu/8-latest-news/86-cruise-industry-continues-to-deliver-positive-contributionsto-europe-s-economy [in English].
- Kotlubai, V.A. (2013). Vidrodzhennia pryberezhnykh pasazhyrskykh perevezen v systemi morskoho turyzmu Ukrayiny [Renaissance coastal passenger transport system in marine tourism Ukraine]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’ Derzhavnoho ekonomiko-tekhnolohichnoho universytetu transportu. Ser.: Ekonomika i upravlinnya – Proceedings of the State Economic and Technological University of Transport. Series.: Economics and Management, 26, 46-52 [in Ukrаinian].