Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
Sumy National Agrarian University (Sumy, Ukraine)
Sumy State University (Sumy, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. The aim of this article is deepening the theoretical and conceptual foundations from the perspectives of formation of organizational and economic mechanisms of public-private partnership (PPP) in the system of business nature economy in conditions of decentralization.
The results of the analysis. Conceptually substantiated content of the mechanisms of public-private partnership (PPP) in the rationalization of environmental management on the entrepreneurial bases in the context of decentralization of territorial development has been considered in this article.
Nature economy as a system of the entrepreneurial approach to rationalizing the use of natural and resource potential (natural capital) on ecological and economic principles is considered as a set of actions and activities of economic entities to implement the productive processes of reproduction, adoption and realization of the most effective economic solutions concerning the complex and integrated use of natural resource potential to meet and satisfy individual, business and social requirements and needs in raw materials, social and environmental functions of natural resources with minimal costs on the principles of sustainable and ecosystem nature management.
Public-private partnership in the sphere of nature management has been regarded as a complete system of organizational and economic forms of economic methods and tools of management of partnerships between government (including local communities) and business- structures regarding the use and reproduction of state (municipal) natural capital that provides coordination of environmental, social and economic interests of businesses through a balanced and responsible distribution of spheres of management, control, risks and results between business partners in the system of nature management on the long term and strategic platform. This definition has certain features which are as follows: public-private partnership is considered as a mechanism with the certain integrated function which should provide coordination of environmental and economic interests of businesses and resolves different conflicts; public-private partnership must take into account modern principles of decentralization of the nature economy; also it takes into account current trends concerning capitalization of natural resources.
The principles of the formation and implementation of public-private partnership mechanisms in relation to the rational use of natural resources and environmental protection have been defined, and the main advantages of their application have been indicated. The main mechanisms (forms) of partnership between the state (territorial community) and business-entrepreneurial structures in the context of capitalization of regional natural resources have been characterized. The necessity of achieving ecological and economic self-sufficiency of nature management at the level of territorial communities has been substantiated.
Conclusions and directions of further researches. In terms of institutional changes in the direction of power decentralization, local government reforms, which cause the effective participation of local communities in the implementation of nature economy and redistribution of natural resources, the development of mechanisms of public-private partnership is updated. State (municipal) ownership of natural resources and lack of estimate-budget financing of natural-economic and environmentally oriented infrastructure objects, socio-environmental and economic problems of regional nature economy lead to the use of a wide range of existing forms and mechanisms of public-private partnership. The development of PPP in the nature economy (nature management) is a necessary foundation of ecological and economic sustainability of territorial communities.
Further research on this issue should be directed to specification and detailization of public-private partnership mechanisms taking into account the specificity of organizations and environmental projects, natural capital and strategic objectives of the nature economy in conditions of decentralization.
Keywords: nature management, nature economy, public-private partnership, mechanism, natural resources, natural capital, entrepreneurship, decentralization, ecological and economic self-sufficiency of nature management of territorial communities
JEL Classification: Q21, R13.
Cite as: Mishenina, N., Yarova I. & Mishenina, H. (2017). Development of mechanisms of public-private partnership in the sphere of nature management in conditions of decentralization. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, 319-330. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2017.1-29
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Yefimova, L.I. (n.d.). Nekotorye modeli hosudarstvenno-chastnykh partnerstv: tendentsii i zarubezhnyi opyt [Some models of public private partnership: trends and international experience]. www.eatc.ru. Retrieved from http://www.eatc.ru/rus/doc.id_71.book_1.php [in Russian].
- Zapatrina, I. (2010). Publichno-chastnoe partnerstvo v Ukraine: perspektivy ispolzovaniia dlia realizatsii infrastrukturnykh proektov i predostavleniia publichnykh usluh [Public private partnership in Ukraine: perspectives for realization of infrastructure projects and public services]. Ekonomika i prohnozirovanie – Economics and Forecasting. Retrieved from http://www.ukrppp.com/images/stories/PPP_econ_forec_Zapatr_1.pdf [in Russian].
- Varnavskiy, V.H., & Klimenko, A.V. (2010). Hosudarstvenno-chastnoe partnerstvo: teoriia i praktika [Public and private partnership: theory and practice]. Moscow: Vysshaia shkola ekonomiki [in Russian].
- Deriabina, M. (2008). Hosudarstvenno-chastnoe partnerstvo [Public-private partnership]. Ekonomicheskie voprosy – Economics issues, 8, 78-90 [in Russian].
- Berdanova, O.V., Vakulenko V.M, & Vasilenko, M.D. (2003). Rozvytok partnerstva mizh mistsevoiu vladoiu ta nederzhavnym sektorom u sferi nadannia hromadskyh posluh [Development of the partnership between local authority and nongovernmental sector in the sphere of public services]. Yu.P. Lebedinskiy (Ed.). Uzhhorod: Patent [in Ukrainian].
- Delmon, J. (2009). Private sector investment in infrastructure. Project Finance, PPP Projects and Risk. The World Bank and Kluwer Law International [in English].
- Public-Private Partnerships in Infrastructure. – Days 2008, December 15-18. – 2008. – Washington, D.C. Edited by Periklis Saragiotis, PPP Program, World Bank Institute. – Day 2 [in English].
- Varnavskiy, V.H. (2002). Kontsessii v transportnoi infrastructure: teoria i praktika, perspektivy [Concessions in the transport infrastructure: Theory, Practice, Prospects. Moscow: IMEMO RAN [in Russian].
- Vinnitskiy, B., & Sehvar, P. (2008). Dosvid ta pesrektyvy vprovadzhennia derzhavno-pryvatnykh pertnerstv v Ukraini ta zakordonom [Experience and prospects of implementation of public-private partnerships in Ukraine and abroad]. Kyiv: «K.I.S.» [in Ukrainian].
- PPI Project Database. World Bank and PPIAF (n.d.). ppi.worldbank.org. Retrieved from http://ppi.worldbank.org/explore/ppi [in English].
- Holian, V. (2013). Sfera prirodopolzovania dolzhna stat polihonom dlia vnedrenia institutov hosudarstvenno-chastnoho partnerstva [Scope of natural resources should be a ground for the introduction of the institute of public-private partnership]. Ekonomist – Eсoomist, 2, 8-13 [in Russian].
- Mishenin, Ye. (2010). Kontseptualni zasadi rozvytku mekhanizmiv derzhavno-pryvatnoho partnerstva v lisoresursniy sferi [Conceptual framework of the mechanisms of public-private partnership in the forestry]. Ekonomist – Economist, 12, 23-26 [in Ukrainian].
- Khvesyk, M. (n.d.). Ratsionalizatsia pryrodokorystuvannia yak vahomyi chynnyk sotsialno-ekonomichnoho pidnesennia ta zmitsnennia enerhetychnoi samodostatnosti terytorialnykh hromad v umovakh detsentralizatsii [Rationalization of nature as an important factor of socio-economic growth and strengthening of energy self-sufficiency of local communities in a decentralized economy. economics-of-nature.net. Retrieved from http://economics-of-nature.net/page/2015 [in Ukrainian].
- Rassadnikova, S.I. (2012). Kontseptualne obhruntuvannia derzhavno-pryvatnoho partnerstva v konteksti formuvannia investytsijnoi pryvablyvosti obyektiv ekolohichnoi infrastruktury [Conceptual argumentation of the public-private partnerships in the context of investment attractiveness of objects of environmental infrastructure]. Mekhanizm rehuliuvannia ekonomiky – Mechanism of economic regulation, 2, 176-185 [in Ukrainian].
- Holian, V. (2014). Derzhavno-pryvatne partnerstvo yak bazova peredumova kapitalizatsii pryrodnyh resursiv v umovakh detsentralizatsii [Public-private partnerships as a basic institutional prerequisite capitalization of natural resources in a decentralized economy]. Ekonomist – Economist, 9, 4-7 [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrainy «Pro derzhavno-pryvatne pertnerstvo» [«About public-private partnership»]. (2010). Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy – Bulletin of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, 40 [in Ukrainian].
- Varnavskiy, V.H. (2004). Hosudarstvenno-chastnoe partnerstvo v Rossii: problemy stanovlenia [Public-private partnership in Russia: problems of formation]. Otechestvennye zapiski – Notes of the Fatherland, 6, 21-26 [in Russian].
- Hrytsenko, L.L. (2012). Kontseptualni zasady derzhavno-pryvatnoho partnersnva [Conceptual framework of public-private partnership]. Visnyk Sumskoho derzhavnoho universytetu – Bulletin of Sumy State University, 3, 52-59 [in Ukrainian].
- Bariakin, V. (n.d.). Ot prirodopolzovania k prirodokhoziajstvovaniu: novaia sotsialno-ekolohichaskaia paradihma [From nature use to nature management: a new socio-ecological paradigm]. brennoe-i-vechnoe.narod.ru. Retrieved from: http://brennoe-i-vechnoe.narod.ru/01-85.html [in Russian].
- Mishenin, Ye. (2012). Kontseptualnye osnovy formirovania ekolohicheski orientirovannoho mekhanisma upravlenia prirodokhoziajstvovaniem [Conceptual foundations for the formation of an environmentally oriented mechanism for environmental management]. Ekonomist – Economist, 3, 59-64 [in Russian].
- Yarova, I.Ye. (2013). Lesokhoziaistvovanie kak novaia sotsio-ekoloho-ekonomicheskaia paradihma [Forest management as a new socio-ecological and economic paradigm]. Mekhanizm rehuliuvannia ekonomiky – Mechanism of economic regulation, 2, 45-52 [in Russian].
- Mishenin, Ye.V., Koblianska, I.I., Ustik T.V., & Yarova, I.Ye. (2012). Ekolohoorientovane lohistychne upravlinnia vyrobnytstvom [Environmentally oriented logistics management of production]. Sumy: TOV «Drukarskii dim «Papirus» [in Ukrainian].
- Davies, S., & Fairbrother, P. (2003). Private Finance Initiative (PFI) and Public Private Partnerships (PPPs): Definitions and Sources. School of Social Science, Cardiff University. Working Paper Series [in English].
- Vilisov, M. (2006). Hosudarstvenno-chastnoe partnerstvo: politico-pravovoi aspekt. [Public-private partnership: political and legal aspect ]. Vlast – Power, 7, 12-17 [in Russian].
- Bystriakov, I., Pylypiv, V., & Lutsiv, O. (2013). Kapitalizatsia pryrodnykh resursiv: mekhanismy zaluchennia investytsii u stalyi rozvytok [The capitalization of natural resources: mechanisms for attracting investment in sustainable development]. Ekonomist – Economist, 10, 38-41 [in Ukrainian].
- Khvesyk, M.A. (2014). Kapitalizatsia pryrodnykh resursiv [The capitalization of natural resources]. Kyiv: DU IEPSR NANU [in Ukrainian].
- Bystriakov, I.K., & Klynovyi D.V. (2010). Kopleksna otsinka ta upravlinnia pryrodnymy resursamy v klasterno-korporatyvnykh formakh hospodariuvannia [Comprehensive assessment and management of natural resources in the cluster-corporate forms of management]. Ekonomika, ekolohia, upravlinnia – Economy, ecology, management, 1, 302-309 [in Ukrainian].
- Mishenina, N.V. (2016). Formuvannia ekoloho-resursnykh klasteriv yak chynnyk dematerialisatsii rehionalnoi ekonomiky [Formation of environmental and resource clusters as a factor of the regional economy dematerialization]. I.M. Sotnyk (Ed.). Sumy: Universytetska knyha [in Ukrainian].
- Kovalchuk, A.N. (2009). Puti razvitia dohovornykh otnoshenij v lesnom sektore: rehionalnyi aspekt [Ways of development of contractual relations in the forest sector: the regional aspect]. Khabarovsk: Izd-vo DVAGS [in Russian].
- Yarova, I.Ye., Mishenina, N.V., Dutchenko, O.M., & Mishenina, H.A. (2016). Instytutsionalni ta ekoloho-ekonomichni zasady rozvytku pryrodohospodarskoho paidpryemnytstva [Institutional and environmental and economic principles of nature commercial business]. Zbalansovane pryrodokorystuvannia – Balanced Nature Economy, 1, 21-29 [in Ukrainian].