Poltava University of Economics and Trade (Poltava, Ukraine)
Purpose of the article. The purpose of the article is generalization of features and substantiation of expediency of the creation of innovative hubs and clusters in Ukraine. Practical output of the results consists in the discovered success factors of the activity of innovative hubs in the world and proved necessity of their practical application in Ukraine in order to create new opportunities and perspectives of innovation development of the country.
Research results presented. General features of modern innovative clusters in the world are described in the article: stability of strategic economic ties within cluster system; creating by participants of cluster noncommercial association; long-term coordination of interaction between members of cluster system.
The main directions of the activity of innovative hub at the present stage of economic development are considered:
1. Information and consulting services (organization of trainings and internships throughout of sector of issues of development and management of innovative entrepreneurship; promoting of registration and legal protection of objects of intellectual; attracting of financial institutions in order to implement innovative business projects; conducting marketing research at any stage of the implementation of innovative business project; promoting of organization and implementation of technology transfer).
2. Scientific-innovation and industrial service (an organization, promoting and participating in the implementation of applied scientific research and development works; performance of engineering, technological and industrial works on prototype creation and/or sample of innovative product/service)
A number of institutions that promote innovative development of hubs are discovered. They can be the center of technology transfer, laboratory base, innovative and technological center, training center for preparation an innovative manager, coaching center of systems of venture entrepreneurship, the center of collective use of technology, design center, information center, logistic center, international business center, and venture fund.
On the basis of innovative hub for its participants must be mentoring programs, workshops from experts of business schools, special meetings with venture companies, consultations from marketers, lawyers and financiers concerning business support. The task of innovative hub should be to create favorable conditions for development of innovative projects that improve quality of life.
Prospects of the creating of border clusters in Ukraine are considered and substantiated in the article. A promising direction for Ukraine is the creation of cross-border clusters. Considering that 19 of 25 regions are borderline, Ukraine has all opportunities for cooperation with foreign companies within the cross-border clusters.
The activity of innovative building cluster in Poltava region is investigated. In the context of our research let us give example an innovative construction cluster in Poltava region as spatially localized association of participants of investment and construction processes, innovative enterprises of building materials industry and other related sectors to construction, research institutes, universities, banks and other credit institutions, public organizations and local governments in order to improve competitiveness of construction products and growth of the region as a whole.
Conclusions. The formation of institutional environment based on clustering provides a powerful impetus for an effective innovative economy on condition of an integrated modernization. The present stage of modernization should include primarily large-scale renovation of production influenced the formation of advanced VI-th technological structure.
Keywords: innovative hub, cluster, institutes of innovative development, hub-studio, hub-center, hub-association, building cluster
JEL Classification: F23, F43, O31, O57, P13.
Cite as: Kraus, K. (2017). Innovative habs as a platform of economic growth: foreign experience and new opportunities for Ukraine. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 2, 196-203. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2017.2-18
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Biben, Yu. M. & Kraus, N. M. (2012). Klasterna stratehiia innovatsiinoho rozvytku ekonomiky na mikrorivni: rehionalnyi aspekt [Cluster strategy of innovative development of economy at the micro level: regional aspect]. Visnyk Khmelnytskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky – Journal of Khmelnytsky National University. Serie: Economic Sciences, 1, 277–280 [in Ukrainian].
- Vlasenko, V. (2015). U poshukakh Kremniievoi dolyny: yak derzhava rozvyvaie innovatsiini khaby [In search of Silicon Valley: as a state develops innovative hubs]. Ukrainska pravda. Ekonomichna pravda: veb-sait – Ukrainian Truth. Economic Truth: Website. Retrieved from http://www.epravda.com.ua/publications/2015/08/12/554568/ [in Ukrainian].
- Dombrovskiy, M. A. (2011). Myetodologichyeskiye problyemy ekonomichyeskoy klastyerizatsii [Methodological problems of economic clustering]. Problyemy sovryemyennoy ekonomiki – Problems of Modern Economy, 2, 241–245 [in Russian].
- Bila, S. O., Zhalilo, Ya. A., Shevchenko, O. V. & Zhuk, V. I (2011). Innovatsiini pidkhody do rehionalnoho rozvytku v Ukraini [Innovative approaches to the regional development in Ukraine]. Kyiv: NISD [in Ukrainian].
- Kraus, N.M. (2016). Vplyv innovatsiinoi hlobalizatsii na innovatsiinu hlokalizatsiiu ekonomiky Ukrainy kriz pryzmu instytutsionalizmu ta kolaboratsii [The impact of innovative globalization on innovative glocalization Ukraine’s economy through the prism of institutionalism and collaboration]. Hlovalni ta natsionalni problem ekonomily – Global and National Economic Problems, 9. Retrieved from http://www.global-national.in.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Kraus, N.M. (2015). Innovatsiini khaby yak osnova konkurentospromozhnoi ekonomiky: zakordonnyi vymir ta uroky dlia Ukrainy [Innovation hubs as the basis of a competitive economy: international dimension and experience for Ukraine]. Proceedings of the XV International Conference ’15: XV Mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna konferentsiia “Konkurentospromozhnist natsionalnoi ekonomiky” – The XV International Scientific and Practical Conference “The competitiveness of national economy”. (pp. 193–198). Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Kraus, N.M. (2015). Instytutsionalna proektsiia innovatsiinoho habu v ramkah pobudovy konkurentospromozhnoi natsionalnoi ekonomiky [Institutional projection of innovative hub within the construction of competitiveness national economy]. Teoretychni ta prykladni pytannia ekonomiky – Theoretical and Applied Problems of Economy: Proceedings of the scientific papers, 30, (pp. 259–270). Kyiv: KNU by Taras Shevchenko [in Ukrainian].
- Kraus, N.M. (2014). Instytutsionalni aspekty klasteryzatsii v innovatsiinii ekonomitsi pid vplyvom systemnoi ta kompleksnoi modernizatsii [Institutional aspects of clustering in innovative economy under the influence of systemic and comprehensive modernization]. Ekonomichnyi chasopys – ХХІ – Economic Annals – ХХІ, 5–6, 29–32 [in Ukrainian].
- Kraus, N.M. (2015). Stanovlennia innovatsiinoi ekonomiky v umovakh instytutsionalnykh zmin [The formation of innovative economy in conditions of institutional changes]. Kyiv: Center of Educational Literature [in Ukrainian].
- Vasiltev, V. N. & Toyvonen, N. R. (2012). Programa “Evrika”. Komplyeksnaya sistyema pazvitiya nauchno-isslyedovatyelskikh, opytno-konstruktorskikh I tyekhnologichyeskikh rabot v vuzye [“EUREKA” program. Complex system of the development of scientific and research, experimental, design and technological works in the university]. St. Petersburg: Nonprofit organization Fund “New Eurasia” [in Russian].
- Baark, E. & Naubahar, Sh. (2006). From Trade Hub to Innovation Hub: The Role of Hong Kong’s Innovation System in Linking China to Global Markets. Innovation: Management, Policy & Practice, 8 (1–2), 193–209.
- Gorzka, G. (2012). Knowledge Transfer. The New Core Responsibility of Higher Education Institutions Practice and Perspectives in Russia and Germany. Kassel: Kassel University Press GmbH.
- OECD Science, Technology and Industry (2014). www.oecd-ilibrary.org. Retrieved from http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/science-and-technology/oecd-science-technology-and-industry-outlook-2014_sti_outlook-2014-en.
- OECD (2013), OECD Reviews of Innovation Policy (2012). www.keepeek.com. Retrieved from http://www.keepeek.com/Digital-Asset-Management/oecd/science-and-technology/oecd-reviews-of-innovation-policy-sweden-2012_9789264184893-en#page7. Sweden: OECD Publishing.
- Youtie, J. (2008). Building an Innovation Hub: A Case Study of the Transformation of University Roles in Regional Technological and Economic Development. Research Policy, 37 (8), 1188–1204.