State Higher Education Institution “Kyiv National Economics University named after Vadym Hetman” (Kyiv, Ukraine)
Kherson National Technical University (Kherson, Ukraine)
National University of Water Management and Environmental Engineering (Rivne, Ukraine)
The purpose of the article is the substantiation of strategies scenarios of the enterprise in the field of social responsibility by constructing the matrix “Social responsibility – productivity activities”, with the aim of improving the level of efficiency of the enterprise activity. There was substantiated the strategy of social responsibility of the enterprise through the development of the matrix “Social responsibility – productivity activities ” with quadrants (I. “The Leaders of trust” – progressive adaptants; II “The Skeptical businessmen” progressive dezadaptants; III ” Foolish organization ” regressive dezadaptants; IV ” Inexperienced idealists ” – regressive dezadaptants) and corresponding directions of the improvement of social responsibility, namely: improvement of economic potential, optimization of environmental policy, promotion of socio-work activities, regulation of legal relations, which will boost efficiency of the activities. The matrix is built on the basis of the calculated in previous researches generalizing indicator of the effectiveness of activities and complex indicator of social responsibility. Comprehensive indicator of the social responsibility of the enterprise which is calculated at forty two individual indicators selected with expert method according to the interests of the participants in internal and external business processes and provide common indicators of four components – economic, environmental, social, labor and legal. The proposed method allows to determine the level of social responsibility of the studied enterprises (very low, low, medium, high, very high) and its dynamic changes, compare common indicators for each of the components that gives an opportunity to identify which of them constrain the general level of social responsibility for each enterprise. Generalizing indicator of efficiency of the enterprise activity calculated on the basis of twenty individual indicators, selected with expert method according to the objectives of the enterprise. They form intermediate indicators of four pillars – economic, environmental, social and legal. Scientific and methodical approach allows determining the rating of the studied enterprises, identifying dynamic changes of efficiency level of the enterprise activity (critical, insufficient, acceptable, sufficient, perfect), comparing the intermediate indicators of components among the enterprises and investigating the achieving level of efficiency of the activities of each of them. The calculations were performed for six studied enterprises. “Inexperienced idealist” – the regressive adaptant in 2015 was the company PAO “Ivanovskyi syrzavod” and “Reckless organizers” – the regressive dizadaptants were PAO “Kalanchatskyi Maslosyrzavod”, PAO “Chaplynskyi Maslosyrzavod”, PAO “Novokakhovskyi Maslosyrzavod “, in the “Field of lost trust” was PAO “Novotroitskyi Syrzavod”. In further research the authors plan the study, implementation and popularization among local enterprises in the areas of sustainable development as a tool for achieving business reputation and profits of the enterprise.
Keywords: social responsibility, productivity activities, component productivity activities, consistency of purposes and interests, complex indicator of enterprise social responsibility, generalizing productivity activities indicator of enterprise, matrix Social responsibility – Productivity activities
JEL Classification: M14, O47, L10, L32, P42.
Cite as: Harafonova, O., Zhosan G. & Akimova, L. (2017). The substantiation of the strategy of social responsibility of the enterprise with the aim of providing efficiency of its activities. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 267-279. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2017.3-25
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Shira, N.O., & Ivashchenko, A.I. (2013). Napriamy vprovadzenia sistemy korporativnoi sotsialnoi vidpovidalnosti v praktiku ukrainskikh pidpriemstv [Directions implementation of the corporate social responsibility system in practices of Ukrainian enterprise]. Efectivna ekonomika – Effective economy, 11. Retrieved from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=2502 [in Ukrainian].
- Konditerskaia fabrika “Spartak” [“Spartak” Confectionery Factory] (n.d.). spartak.by. Retrieved from http://spartak.by/about_us/ [in Russian].
- “Komintern” [“The Comintern”] (n.d.). comintern.by. Retrieved from http://comintern.by/sistemy-menedzhmenta/ [in Russian].
- The European Business Network for Corporate Social Responsibility (n.d.). www.csreurope.org. Retrieved from http://www.csreurope.org/individual-tailored-services/csr-report-review.
- Ukrainian Marketing Group (n.d.). umg.ua. Retrieved from http://umg.ua/index.php?action_skin_change=yes&skin_name=english.
- Kavun, S., & Zhosan, G. (2016) Influence Determination of Social Responsibility to the Productivity Enterprise Activity Level, Economies, 4 (3), 14. Retrieved from http://www.mdpi.com/2227-7099/4/3/14/html. DOI: 10.3390/economies4030014.
- Naslidky nespriiniatia natsionalnoi politiky z korporativnoi sotsialnoi vidpovidalnosti (КSV) dlia Ukrainy [The consequences of the rejection of national policy on corporate social responsibility (CSR) for Ukraine] (n.d.). csr-ukraine.org. Retrieved from http://csr-ukraine.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/cost_of_non_adoption_final.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Bowen, H.R. (1953). Social Responsibilities of the Businessman. New York: Harper & Row.
- Robbins, P.S., & DeCenzo, A.D. (2001). Fundamentals of Management. Upper Saddle River: Рrentice Hall, Inc.
- Caroll, A. (1979). Three-Dimentional Conceptual Model of Corporate Performance. Academy of Management Review, 4 (4), 497-505.
- Kotler, F., & Lee, N. (2005). Korporativna sotsialna vidpovidalnist. Iak zrobyty akomoga bilshe dobra dlia voshoi komponii ta suspilstva [Corporate Social Responsibility. How to do as much good for your company and society]. Standart.
- Khachaturov, R.L., & Yagutyan, R.G. (1995). Uridicheskaia otvetstvennost [Legal liability]. Mezdunarodnaia academia biznesa I bankovskogo dela. – Togliatti: The International Academy of Business and Banking [in Russian].
- Friedman, M. (1962). Capitalism and Freedom. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
- Freeman, R. (1984). Strategic management: a stakeholder approach. Pitman.
- Litovchenko, S.E., & Korsakova, M.I. (2003). Sotsialnaia otvetstvennost biznesa: aktualnaia povestka [Corporate Social Responsibility: Current Agenda]. Assotsiatsia menedzerov –Association of Managers [in Russian].
- Makarenko, I.O. (2014). Suchasni tendensii skladania s podania korporativnoi zvitnosti [Modern trends drawing up and presenting of corporate reporting]. Sotsialno-ekonomichni problem suchasnogo period Ukrainy. Problemy integratsii Ukrainy u svitovii finansovii prostir.– Socio-economic problems of the modern period Ukraine. The problems of integration of Ukraine into the international financial, 1 (105), 410-416 [in Ukrainian].
- Plakhotny, O.F. (1981) Problema sotsialnoi otvetstvenosti [The problem of social responsibility]. Kharkov : Vishcha School [in Russian].
- Fedulova, L.I. (2016). Peredumovy formuvania ta rozvytku kreativnoi ekonomiky regioniv [Prerequisites formation and development of the creative economy of regions]. Regionalna politika I teritorialnii rozvitok. – Regional policy and territorial development, 1, 12-21 [in Ukrainian].
- Darmits, R.Z. (2014). Organizatsiina efektivnist v systemi diagnostuvania upravlinia pidpriemstvamy [Organizational effectiveness in diagnosing enterprise management system]. intkonf.org. Retrieved from: http://intkonf.org/darmits-rz-iskovich-vi-organizatsiyna-efektivnist-v-sistemi-diagnostuvannya-upravlinnya-pidpriemstva/ [in Ukrainian].
- Naumenko, I.V. (2015). Modeli ta informatsiyni tekhnolohiyi upravlinnya pidpryyemstvamy zaliznychnoho transportu na osnovi zbalansovanoyi systemy pokaznykiv [Models and information technologies of management of railway transport enterprise based on a balanced scorecard]. Matematychni metody, modeli ta informatsiyni tekhnolohiyi v ekonomitsi, Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Pylypenko, S.M. (2016). Teoretichni zasady otsinky efektivnosti dialnosti pidpriemstva [The theoretical basis of assessing the effectiveness enterprise activity]. Ekonomika ta upravlinia pidpriemstvamy. – Economics and business management, 10, 452-456. Retrieved from: http://global-national.in.ua/archive/10-2016/94.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Dolgy, V.I. (2014). К voprosu ob otsenke rezultativnosti i efektivnosti SMK promishlennih predpriatii [On the issue of assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of industrial enterprises]. Vestnik Sapatovskogo gosudarstvennogo sotsialno-ekonomicheskogo universiteta. – Bulletin of the Saratov State Social and Economic University, 2, 51-55. Retrieved from: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/k-voprosu-ob-otsenke-rezultativnosti-i-effektivnosti-smk-promyshlennyh-predpriyatiy [in Russian].