Research Centre for Industrial Development Problems of NAS of Ukraine (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
Research Centre for Industrial Development Problems of NAS of Ukraine (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
Simon Kusnets Kharkiv National University of Economics (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
The aim of the work is to design cognitive models that will be favourable in macroeconomic situation, to identify the most effective tools to enhance cooperation in the context of both partners pooling their resources.
Results of the research. To determine the factors that contribute to the stimulation of PPPs it is suggested to use cognitive modelling. There are positive aspects of the chosen research methods. Cognitive model shows causal relationships among factors that contribute to the promotion of PPPs and is presented as a formal dependence. In the first phase of the study it was formed the system of factors and distinguished them into two general groups by the expert professionals in PPPs. In the second phase it was constructed the matrix for definition of relationship of causality and direction of influence among the chosen factors. The model of relative trust factor “Investments” is presented in the form of cognitive map, which is a sign graph. It includes the most important links. It was identified the factors that affect the interaction that stimulate public and private partners for PPPs. It was based on the installation of causal relationships among the set of factors using cognitive modelling.
Another way of static analysis of cognitive model search is finding stabilizing and destabilizing (reinforcing instability) circuits. The greater number of simultaneous effects (in different ways) exists among the concepts, the stronger mutual influence is.
It is presented the most important direct links among factors (those connections that are clear in the representation of experts) on the cognitive map. But it also requires information on implicit (indirect) mutual influence factors for a full analysis of the causal effects of the set of factors on the activation process of PPPs. It was considered the outlines, in which a target concept of cognitive model “Investments” is presented.
It was determined the directions of development of the cognitive model (as detailed disclosure of meaningful indicators of the interaction between public and private sectors, clarifying identified functional relationships and causal relationships among factors of the system), which determine the possibility of setting up as a key element of the mechanism management decisions in the context of PPPs enhance the light of available empirical research base. It is possible to choose a suitable strategy for raising the activation of PPPs in Ukrainian regions based on the analysis of the relations of consonance, negative and positive impact. Filling developed model specific numerical values will take into account the peculiarities of the system of PPPs and preferred directions of its development through ranking the degree of impact on the system as a whole.
The practical significance of the results of the study is that the proposed in the modelling tools of control the interaction of public and private sectors, which includes an assessment of regional economy effects of management actions can be used by leaders of public organizations to improve the validity of the choice of strategies, formulation of objectives for sectoral cooperation and methods of achieving them.
Conclusions. Cognitive technology of analysis and modelling allows to solve complex and uncertain situations quickly, comprehensively and systematically describe, justify and on a qualitative level to offer solutions to problems in a given situation, taking into account various factors of environment. It is possible to choose a suitable strategy for raising the activation of PPPs in Ukrainian regions based on these factors. Filling the specific content of the model will take into account the peculiarities of the system of PPPs and preferred directions of its development through ranking the degree of impact on the system as a whole.
Keywords: public-private partnership, cognitive modelling, symbolic directed graph, consonance, dissonance, economic reforms
JEL Classification: L53, L92.
Cite as: Tyshhenko, V., Bielikova N. & Ostapenko, V. (2017). Cognitive modelling in process management of public-private partnerships intensifying in Ukraine. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 294-303. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2017.3-27
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrai’ny Pro strategiju stalogo rozvytku «Ukrai’na 2020» [Decree of the President of Ukraine on the strategy of sustainable development “Ukraine 2020»] (2015). zakon0.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://zakon0.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5/2015 [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrai’ny Pro plan zakonodavchogo zabezpechennja reform v Ukrai’ni № 509–19 vid 04.06.2015 r. [The Law of Ukraine About the plan of legislative support for reform in Ukraine number 509–19 of 04.06.2015 p.] (2015). zakon5.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/509–19 [in Ukrainian].
- Postanova Verhovnoi’ Rady Ukrai’ny Pro programu dijal’nosti Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrai’ny № 1099–VIII vid 19.04.2016 [Resolution of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on the program of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 1099–VIII 19.04.2016 p]. (2016). zakon3.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1099–19 [in Ukrainian].
- Axelrod, R. (1976). The Structure of Decision: Cognitive Maps of Political Elites. Princeton: University Press.
- Bakurova, A. (2011). Ocinka systemnyh harakterystyk kognityvnoi’ modeli cinoutvorennja u sferi poslug [Evaluation of cognitive performance system pricing in services]. Journal of Zaporizhzhya National University, 2 (10), 105–112 [in Ukrainian].
- Bykovskaya, E. (2008). Prymenenye kognytyvnogo modelyrovanyja pry upravlenyy predpryjatyem [Application of Cognitive modeling in the operation of business]. THTU Journal, 2, 437–441 [in Russian].
- Dolzhanskiy, I. (2010). Algorytm upravlinnja dijal’nistju promyslovyh pidpryjemstv na osnovi zbalansovanoi’ systemy pokaznykiv [The algorithm of management of the industry based on the Balanced Scorecard]. nbuv.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/ Soc_Gum/Skhid/2010_5/3.pdf [in Russian].
- Kosko, B. (1986). Fuzzy cognitive Maps. International Journal of Man, 24, 65–75.
- Kolodiziev, O.M. (2013). Formuvannja bagatorivnevoi’ systemy pokaznykiv finansuvannja innovacijnoi’ dijal’nosti [Formation of multilevel system of indices on innovative activity financing]. Actual Problems of Economics, 8, 146–153 [in Ukrainian].
- Lagerev, D. (2007). Avtomatyzacyja razrabotky upravlencheskyh reshenyj v socyal’no–ekonomycheskyh systemah na osnove prymenenyja nechetkyh kognytyvnyh kart [Automation of administrative decisions in the social and economic systems based on the application of fuzzy cognitive maps]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Bryansk [in Russian].
- Maksimov, V. (2001). Kognytyvnyj analyz y upravlenye razvytyem sytuacyy [Cognitive analysis in management of the situation]. 1st International Conference Cognitive analysis and management of the situation (CASC’2001) ICS RAS, 2, 10–21 [in Russian].
- Maksimov, V. (2005). Kognytyvnye tehnologyy dlja podderzhky prynjatyja upravlencheskyh reshenyj [Cognitive technologies to support management decision–making]. iis.ru. Retrieved from: // //www.iis.ru/events/19981130/maxi.mov.ru [in Russian].
- Paklin, N. (2003). Nechetko–kognytyvnyj podhod k upravlenyju dynamycheskymy systemamy [Fuzzy cognitive approach to managing dynamic systems]. Artificial Intelligence, 4, 342–348 [in Russian].
- Silov, V. (1995). Prynjatye strategycheskyh reshenyj v nechetkoj obstanovke [The adoption of strategic decisions in fuzzy environment]. Moscow: INPRO–RES [in Russian].
- Taran, T., & Shemaev, V. (2004). Obobshhennye ocenky faktorov v zadachah kognytyvnogo modelyrovanyja [Generalized assessment factors in cognitive modelling tasks]. Mathematical Machines and Systems, 111–124 [in Russian].
- Taran, T., & Shemaev, V. (2004). Metod modelyrovanyja refleksyvnogo upravlenyja na osnove kognytyvnyh kart [Reflexive control simulation method based on cognitive maps]. Cognitive analysis and development management situations, 19, 132–139 [in Russian].
- Golovinov, A.M., & Golovinov, M.I. (2014). Teoretychni osnovy i prykladni aspekty rozvytku social”nogo partnerstva v Ukrai’ni [Theoretical basis and applied aspects of social partnership in Ukraine] Journal of Ukrainian economics, 1, 18–22 [in Ukrainian].
- Gerrard, M.B. (2001). What are Public–private Partnerships, and how do they Differ from privatizations? Finance&Development, 38 (3), 43–49.
- Zapatrina, I.V. (2011). Rozvytok derzhavnoi’ pidtrymky publichno–pryvatnogo partnerstva v Ukrai’ni [Development of state support for public–private partnership in Ukraine] Economics and Forecasting, 3, 9–24 [in Ukrainian].
- Fedulova, L.I. (2012). Finansovi aspekty PPP [Financial aspects PPP]. Finance of Ukraine, 12, 79 – 92 [in Ukrainian].
- Shylepnytskyi, P. (2015). Harakterystyka efektyvnosti derzhavno–pryvatnogo partnerstva [Characteristics of public–private partnership’s effectiveness]. Effective economics. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/10_2015/8.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Ostapenko, V.M. (2015). Metodychne zabezpechennja formuvannja finansovogo potencialu publichno–pryvatnogo partnerstva [Supportive financial potential formation of public–private partnership]. Problems and prospects of development of public–private partnership in the field of Housing: All–Ukrainian. nauk. and practical. Internet conference. (Kharkiv, 1–28 February 2015). Kharkiv: Beketov HNUMH, 126–127 [in Ukrainian].
- Tyscenko, V.F. (2012). Ekonomicheskie osnovy publichno–chastnogo partnerstva: vozmozhnosti i perspektivy razvytija [Economic Principles of public Partnership: Opportunities and prospects of development]. Accounting and Statistics, 4 (28), 57–63 [in Russian].