NTU «Kharkov Polytechnic Institute» (Kharkov, Ukraine)
The aim of the article. Analyze the current state of resource base of fat-and-oil industry and to identify the main problems of development in Ukraine.
The results of the analysis. The article deals with the current state of resource base of fat-and-oil industry and identified the main problems of its development in Ukraine. A result of analyzing of the current state of development of the resource base of fat-and-oil industry found that the main oilseed raw materials, which has the greatest industrial importance for the fat-and-oil industry of Ukraine are sunflower seeds, rapeseeds and soybeans. Production of major oilseeds in Ukraine is characterized by positive dynamics; the highest proportion of sunflower in the structure acreage and harvests of oilseeds; gradual transition from extensive to intensive mode of production, as evidenced by the increasing productivity of oilseeds. It was found that the total supply of oilseeds in the domestic market of Ukraine is formed by domestic production. The main focus of distribution of sunflower is domestic consumption, which is formed by recycling it domestically, rapeseeds and soybeans – export component, due to zero export duty and high world prices. To the key issues of resource base of fat-and-oil industry in Ukraine include: a significant shortage of oilseeds productivity compared to their biological potential, advances in breeding and the world level; the annual increase in the cost of production of oilseeds; a low level of provision agricultural producers the main types of agricultural machinery and a high degree of depreciation; lack of financial and credit; the poor state of infrastructure, storage, transportation and sale of oilseeds; strengthening import dependence on the market rapeseed and sunflower; domination of foreign breeding innovation developments over national ones.
Conclusions and directions of further researches. Given the current state and the main problems of resource base of fat-and-oil industry in Ukraine, its further development requires improvement of organizational, economic, technical, technological, financial, credit, information and innovation ensuring the production of oilseeds, improved inter-sectoral and intra-sectoral economic ties and relations capable to provide increase the level of workload processing capacity of oilseeds raw in the required quantity and required quality. In this regard, directions for further author’s research should be the definition of strategic guidelines of fat-and-oil industry of Ukraine, according to which will be made legal, financial, credit, organizational, economic and other state regulatory impact on the industry.
Keywords: fat-and-oil industry, resource base, sunflower, rapeseed, soybean, sown area, gross collection, yield, profitability
JEL Classification: Q10, O13, L70.
Cite as: Zhadan, T. (2017). Current state, main problems and directions of innovative development of fat-and-oil industry resource base in Ukraine. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 326-335. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2017.3-30
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Oliino-zhyrova haluz Ukrainy. Pokaznyky roboty za 2015 rik, 2015/16 MR: Informatsiino-analitychnyi biuleten oliino-zhyrovoi haluzi Ukrainy ta Rosiiskoi Federatsii [Fat-and-Oil industry of Ukraine. Performance for 2015, 2015/16 MY: Informational and analytical bulletin fat-and-oil industry of Ukraine and Russia]. (2016). Kharkiv: FOP Rodak L.V [in Ukrainian].
- Ilchuk, M.M. (2013). Tendentsii vyrobnytstva nasinnia soniashnyku v Ukraini: problemy ta perspektyvy [Trends sunflower seed production in Ukraine: Problems and Prospects]. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia Ukrainy. Seriia: Ekonomika, ahrarnyi menedzhment, biznes – Scientific Bulletin of National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine. Series: economics, agricultural management, business, 181 (4), 187-193 [in Ukrainian].
- Tymchenko, V.N., & Pylypchenko, A.V. (2012). Stan i perspektyvy rozvytku vyrobnytstva soi v Ukraini [State and prospects of soybean production in Ukraine]. Kormy i kormovyrobnytstvo. Vyrobnytstvo ta vykorystannia soi u tvarynnytstvi i ptakhivnytstvi. Mizhvidomchyi tematychnyi naukovyi zbirnyk. – Feed and fodder. Production and use of soy in animal husbandry and poultry farming. Interdepartmental thematic scientific collection, 71, 27-33 [in Ukrainian].
- Tkachuk, V. I. (2014). Tendentsii rozvytku rynku oliinykh kultur v Ukraini [Trends in the market of oilseeds in Ukraine]. Visnyk ZhNAEU – Bulletin ZHNAEU, 1–2 (43), (Vols. 2), 87-93 [in Ukrainian].
- Chekhova, I.V., & Chekhov, S.A. (2014). Osnovni tendentsii rozvytku rynku oliinykh kultur v Ukraini [Major trends in the market of oilseeds in Ukraine]. Produktyvnist ahropromyslovoho vyrobnytstva. Ekonomichni nauky – Productivity of agricultural production. Economics, 25, 71-78 [in Ukrainian].
- Shubravska, O.V. (2012). Rozvytok selektsiinoi diialnosti ta rynku selektsiinoi produktsii v Ukraini ta sviti [Development of breeding selection and market products in Ukraine and the world]. Ekonomika i prohnozuvannia – Economics and Forecasting, 2, 86-98 [in Ukrainian].
- Roslynnytstvo Ukrainy: statystychnyi zbirnyk [Crop production of Ukraine: Statistical Yearbook]. (2016). Kyiv: Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
- Osnovni ekonomichni pokaznyky vyrobnytstva produktsii silskoho hospodarstva v silskohospodarskykh pidpryiemstvakh za 2010-2015 roky: statystychni biuleteni [Key economic indicators of agricultural production in the agricultural enterprises for 2010-2015: Statistical bulletin]. (2010-2016). Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Zhadan, T.A., & Zhadan, Yu.V. (2016). Aktualni problemy rozvytku syrovynnoi bazy oliino-zhyrovoi haluzi v Ukraini [Actual problems of the resource base of fat-and-oil industry in Ukraine]. Trudy mizhnarodnoi naukovoi konferentsii «Rozvytok mizhnarodnoi konkurentospromozhnosti: derzhava, rehion, pidpryiemstvo» – Conference Proceedings “International Scientific Conference The Development of International Competitiveness: State, Region, Enterprise”. (Ch. 1). (pp. 79-82). Lisabon, Portuhaliia: Baltija Publishing [in Ukrainian].
- Ofitsiinyi sait Instytutu roslynnytstva im. V. Ya. Yurieva Natsionalnoi akademii ahrarnykh nauk [The official website of the Institute of Plant named after Yuriev National Academy of Agricultural Sciences] (n.d.). www.yuriev.com.ua. Retrieved from http://www.yuriev.com.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Ofitsiinyi sait TOV «Limahrein Ukraina» [The official website of limited liability “Limagrain Ukraine”] (n.d.). lgseeds.com.ua. Retrieved from http://www.lgseeds.com.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Zakharchuk, O. (2017). V Ukraini sposterihaietsia velykyi vidkladenyi popyt na silhosptekhniku [In Ukraine there is a large pent-up demand for agricultural machines]. iae.org.ua. Retrieved from http://iae.org.ua/presscentre/archnews/1940-2017-02-21-10-44-25.html [in Ukrainian].
- Fininstrumenty ta perspektyvy kredytuvannia APK [Financial instruments and prospects for agribusiness lending]. (n.d.). agroconf.org. Retrieved from http://agroconf.org/content/fininstrumenti-ta-perspektivi-kredituvannya-apk [in Ukrainian].
- V Ukrayne rastut kak ploshchad seva vыsokooleynovoho podsolnechnyka, tak y eho dolia v obshchykh posevakh maslychnoi [In Ukraine, a growing area of sowing High oleic sunflower, and its share in total oilseed crops]. (n.d.). apk-inform.com. Retrieved from http://www.apk-inform.com/ru/conferences/sunflower2016/news/1072490 [in Russian].
- List, Gary R., & Orthoefer, Frank T. (Eds). (2015). Trait-Modified Oils in Foods. July 2015, Wiley-Blackwell.
- Brümmer, B., Korn, O., Schlüßler, K., & Jamali Jaghdani, T. (2016). Volatility in Oilseeds and Vegetable Oils Markets: Drivers and Spillovers. Journal of Agricultural Economics. Vol. 67, No. 3, 685–705.
- Ofitsiinyi sait Ministerstva silskoho hospodarstva SShA [The official website of the United States Department of Agriculture, USDA]. usda.gov. Retrieved from http://www.usda.gov.