Khmelnytskyi National University (Khmelnytskyi, Ukraine)
Khmelnytskyi National University (Khmelnytskyi, Ukraine)
The aim of the article is analysis of the main methods of evaluating a posteriori the effectiveness of marketing decisions, the description of author’s approaches to solve the task and define the practical aspects of their application in activity of domestic enterprises.
Results of the analysis. The calculation of estimates of the posteriori effectiveness of marketing decisions is proposed to carry out with considering the criteria of functionality and performance. The functionality reflects the degree of achievement of the main goal at a certain time. The performance reflects the degree of implementation of marketing plans and goals with the transformation them into concrete results.
We propose an approach to assess a posterior efficiency solutions based on complex index of effectiveness. Taking into account both the different units of measurement of quantitative indicators and complexity of their transformation to the measure of the value, existence of non-metric indicators, constructing the complex index will carry out considering a comparison of actual and planned values of indicators.
Partial complex index for set of quantitative indicators is calculated by the additive convolution considering weight ratio indicators and their planned and actual values. The set of non-metric indicators is transformed to the dichotomous form with further calculation of partial index by additive convolution as well. The overall effectiveness index of the decision is proposed to define by the formula of multiplicative convolution.
Another approach to assess effectiveness of marketing decisions is to compare indices of priory and posteriori and define the degree of achievement of planned goals.
The guidelines to assess the effectiveness of marketing solutions and indicative list of indicators to solve this task are presented in the article. The proposed technique is illustrated by the example.
Conclusions and directions of further researches. The success of the enterprise’s activity, especially in the long run, is determined by the ability to create new customer value, which greatly depends on the effectiveness of implementation of marketing decisions. Therefore, evaluating a posteriori effectiveness of such decisions becomes important in the context of strategic management by the enterprise.
Taking into account the lot of universal indicators that reflect the performance of marketing activities and their different nature, a posteriori effectiveness of marketing decisions it is advisable to evaluate using complex convolution of initial set of indicators. To confirm “non-randomness” of obtained effect as a result of marketing decisions it is need to apply statistical hypothesis testing. The use of statistical criteria will draw conclusions on the effectiveness of marketing decisions scientifically based and reliable.
Direction of further studies is to solve issues of quantitative evaluation of the impact of marketing decisions on changes in market value and in that context search effective ways to implement marketing policy.
Keywords: marketing decisions, level of customer’s satisfaction, profitability of marketing activities, assessment of posteriori effectiveness of decision, complex index, statistic criterion
JEL Classification: C13, M31, F61.
Cite as: Hryhoruk P. & Khrushch, N. (2017). Evaluating a posteriori effectiveness of marketing decisions. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 4, 149-161. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2017.4-13
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Aaker, D. (2002). Stratehicheskoie rynochnoie upravleniie [Strategic market management]. Saint Peterіburg: Piter [in Russian].
- Ambler, T. (2003). Marketinh i finansovyi rezultat. Novyie pokazateli i bohatstvo korporatsii [Marketing and financial results. New indicators and a wealth of corporation]. Moscow: Finansy i statistika [in Russian].
- Assel, Henri (1999). Marketinh: printsipy i stratehiia [Marketing: principles and strategy]. Moscow: INFRA-M [in Russian].
- Hryhoruk, P.M. (2013). Teoretyko-metodolohichni zasady intehralnoho otsiniuvannia efektyvnosti marketynhovykh rishen [Theoretical and methodological basis of the integral evaluation of marketing decisions]. Ekonomika: realii chasu – Economics: time realities, 3 (8) [in Ukrainian].
- Dainovskyi, Yu.A. (2012). Osoblyvosti otsiniuvannia ekonomichnoi efektyvnosti pryiomiv upravlinnia i marketynhu [Specificity of economical efficiency estimation of the management and marketing tricks]. Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsii – Marketing and Management of Innovations, 4, 143-153 [in Ukrainian].
- Druker, Pyter F (2004). Zadachy menedzhmenta v XXI veke [Management Challenges in the XXI century]. Moscow: Williams [in Russian].
- Illiashenko, N.S. (2011). Orhanizatsiino-ekonomichni zasady innovatsiinoho marketynhu promyslovykh pidpryiemstv [Organizational-economic bases of innovative marketing of industrial enterprises]. Sumy: SumSU [in Ukrainian].
- Illiashenko, S.M. (Eds). (2013). Innovatsii u marketynhu i menedzhmenti [Innovations in marketing and management]. Sumy: TOV «Drukarskyi dim «Papirus» [in Ukrainian].
- Kobzar, A.I. (2006). Prikladnaia matematicheskaia statistika. Dlia inzhenerov y nauchnykh rabotnikov [Applied mathematical statistics. For engineers and scientists]. Moscow: FIZMATLIT [in Russian].
- Lambin, J.-J. (1996). Stratehycheskii marketinh. Evropeiskaia perspektiva [Strategic marketing. European perspective]. Sankt-Peterburh: Nauka [in Russian].
- Larreche, J.-C. (2006). Sistema otsenki effektivnosti marketinhovoi deiatelnosti [The system of assessment of marketing activity’s effectiveness]. Retrieved from http://www.elitarium.ru/2006/03/17/sistema_ocenki_jeffektivnosti_marketingovojj_ dejatelnosti.html [in Russian].
- Lanskold, D. (2005). Rentabelnost investitsii v marketinh. Metody povysheniia pribylnosts marketinhovykh kampanii [Return on marketing investment. Methods to improve the profitability of marketing campaigns]. Saint Petersburg: Piter [in Russian].
- Ferrys, Pol U., Bendl, Neil T., Pfaifer, Philipp Y. & Reibshtein, David J. (2009). Marketinhovyie pokazateli [Marketing indicators]. (A.A Shamrai, Trans). Y.V. Taranenko (Eds). – Dnepropetrovsk : Balans Biznes Buks [in Russian].
- Robul, Yu.V. (2011). Kholistychna kontseptsiia efektyvnosti marketynhu [Holistic concept of marketing efficiency]. Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsii – Marketing and Management of Innovations, 4 (2), 124-130 [in Ukrainian].
- Sulpovar, L.B. & Bohachova, T.V. (2010). Pokaznyky efektyvnosti sotsialno- oriientovanoi marketynhovoi stratehii pidpryiemstva [Performance indicators of socially-oriented marketing strategy of the enterprise]. Marketynh v Ukraini – Marketing in Ukraine, 6, 54-58 [in Ukrainian].
- Voichak, A.V., Kardash, V.Ya., Pavlenko, A.F. & Pylypchuk, V.P. (2006). Teoriia i praktyka marketynhu v Ukraini [Theory and practice of marketing in Ukraine]. A. F. Pavlenko (Eds). Kyiv: KNEU [in Ukrainian].
- Chukhray, N.I. & Mlynko, I.B. (2013). Otsiniuvannia rezultatyvnosti ta efektyvnosti marketynhu promyslovoho pidpryiemstva u lantsiuhu postavok [Effectiveness and efficiency assessment of industrial enterprises` marketing in the supply chain]. Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsii – Marketing and Management of Innovations, 3, 24-34 [in Ukrainian].
- Sheth, J.N. & Sisodia, R.S. (2007). Problemy i analiz produktivnosti marketinha [Marketing productivity issues and analysis]. Rossyiskyi zhurnal menedzhmenta – Russian Journal of management, 2 (5), 91-116 [in Russian].
- Ambler, T., & Roberts, J. (2005). Beware The Silver Metric: Marketing Performance Measurement Has To Be Multidimensional. London: London Business School.
- Noriaki, K., Seraku, N., Takahashi, F. & Tsuji Sh. (1984). Attractive quality and must-be quality. Journal of the Japanese Society for Quality Control, 14(2), 147-156.
- Cronin, Jr. J. Joseph & Taylor, Steven A. (1994). SERVPERF versus SERVQUAL: Reconciling performance-based and perceptions-minus-expectations measurement of service quality. Journal of Marketing, 58, 125-131.
- Khrushch, N., & Hryhoruk, P. (2013).The comprehensive evaluation of management decisions efficiency. Journal L’Association 1901 «SEPIKE», 3, 114-118.
- Rust, R.T., Ambler, T., Carpenter, G.S., Kumar, V., & Srivastana, R.K. (2004). Measuring marketing productivity: Current knowledge and future directions. Journal of Marketing, 68 (4), 76-89.
- Mittal, B. & Lassar, W. M. (1998). Why do customers switch? The dynamics of satisfaction versus loyalty. Journal of Services Marketing, 12(3), 177-194.
- Parasuraman, A.A., Zeitaml, V.A., & Berry, L.L. (1985). Conceptual Model of Service Quality and Its Implications for Future. Journal of Marketing, 49(4), 41-50.
- Parasuraman, A.A., Zeitaml, V.A. & Berry, L.L. (1988). SERVQUAL: A Multiple-Item Scale for Measuring Customer Perceptions of Service Quality. Journal of Retailing, 64(1), 12-40.
- Wang, T., & Ji, P. (2010). Understanding customer needs through quantitative analysis of Kano’s model. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 27(2), 173-184.