Lamerd Branch, Islamic Azad University (Lamerd, Iran)
Lamerd Branch, Islamic Azad University (Lamerd, Iran)
Today internet advertising is the hugest method for enterprises to increase their sales and strengthen market positions. The total advertising volume is increasing every day and the relevant question is connected with the investigating the basic approaches and methods of improving the effectiveness of this activity. One solution is the identification of the online advertisement drivers and evaluation of their effectiveness on the customer’s behaviour. This investigation is based on the finding these online advertising drivers. In order to collect the information, a questionnaire was composed and its reliability and validity were evaluated and it was filled by 400 customers in large food stores in Shiraz. Factor analysis confirmation showed that the study parameters were chosen correctly. In this research was testing three hypotheses, which were based on using the content and communication stimuli and investigating the extent of these stimuli on the consumer’s behavioural response. Testing of hypotheses confirmed that content and communication stimuli had a significantly positive influence on food stores customers and the effect of the content stimuli was stronger than the communication stimuli. On the other hand, informativeness which is one of the subsets of the communication stimuli had the most significant positive effect on the behavioural response of the consumers. In its turn, the factor of entertainment had the most significant negative effect on the behavioural reaction of the food stores customers. With the purpose of the better utilizing of the findings the innovation research model of influencing electronic advertising on consumer behaviour was created. It will give companies the opportunity to identify the most important stimuli which affect the behavioural response of food retail.
Keywords: Internet advertising, communication driver, behavioural reaction, structural equation modelling.
JEL Classification: М37.
Cite as: Rahmani, F., & Askari, A. (2018). Identifying the effective drivers on internet advertising using structural equation modeling: an empirical investigation. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 2, 351-364. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2018.2-27
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Yazdanpanah, A. A. (2015). Explanationof the success model for establishing electronic link with customer. Tehran, NashreDaneshghahiPress(in Persian).
- Bentler, P. (2013).Multivarirte analysis with latent variable :causal modeling.annual review of psychology, 4, 15-20.
- Burns, K., Richard, J., Lut, Z. (2015). The function of format.Journalof advertising, 35, 53-63.
- Patsioura, F., Vlachopoulou, M., Manthou, V. (2009). A new advertising effectiveness model for corporate advertising web sites: A relationship marketing approach. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 16, 372-386.
- Kim, C., Zhao, W., & Yang, K. H. (2008). An empirical study on the integrated framework of e-CRM in online shopping: evaluating the relationships among perceived value, satisfaction, and trust based on customers’ perspectives. Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations, 6, 1-5.
- Wang, Y., Sun, S., Lei, W., &Toncar, M. (2009). Examining beliefs and attitudes toward online advertising among Chinese consumers. Direct Marketing: An International Journal, 3, 52-66.
- Zhang P., Wang C, (2012). An Emprical Study on consumers perceived valu and attitude advertising. Global information Technology and management (GITM) World Conference.
- Po, N. K. (2006). Factors Affecting Attitude toward Web Advertising. Hong Kong Baptist University Hong Kong.
- Maxwell, J. C. (2009). Self-improvement 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know. Thomas Nelson Inc.
- Barry, T. E., Howard, D. J. (1990). A review and critique of the hierarchy of effects in advertising. International Journal of Advertising, 9, 121-135.
- Ducoffe, R. H. (1996). Advertising value and advertising on the web. Journal of advertising research, 36, 21-21.
- Groenne, P., & Barker, C. (1996). Advertising on the World Wide Web.http://www.dkadvertising.com.au/
- Thorson, K. S., Rodgers, S. (2006). Relationships between blogs as eWOM and interactivity, perceived interactivity, and parasocial interaction. Journal of Interactive Advertising, 6, 5-44.
- Korgaonkar, P. K., &Wolin, L. D. (1999). A multivariate analysis of web usage. Journal of advertising research, 39, 53-68.
- Papacharissi, Z., & Rubin, A. M. (2000). Predictors of Internet use. Journal of broadcasting & electronic media, 44, 175-196.
- Schlosser, A. E., Shavitt, S., Kanfer, A. (1999). Survey of Internet users’ attitudes toward Internet advertising. Journal of interactive marketing, 13, 34-54.
- Brackett, L. K., & Carr, B. N. (2001). Cyberspace advertising vs. other media: Consumer vs. mature student attitudes. Journal of advertising research, 41, 23-32.
- Wang, Y., Sun, S., Song, Y. (2011). Chinese luxury consumers: Motivation, attitude and behavior. Journal of Promotion Management, 17, 345-359.
- Cetina, K. K. (2009). The synthetic situation: Interactionism for a global world. Symbolic Interaction, 32, 61-87.
- Tellis, J. G. (2014).Corporate in telligence and Transformation marketing in the age of the internet. Birkbeck College, University of London.
- James, M. (2014). Technology association impact on advertising effectiveness. Dissertation for doctoral degree,Bussiness school of Gorge Washington University.
- Farbey, D. (2002). How to Produce Successful Advertising: a Guide to Strategy. Planning and targeting (3rd ed.). London, UK: Kogan.
- Belch, G. E., & Belch, M. A. (2003). Advertising and promotion: An integrated marketing communications perspective. The McGraw− Hill.
- Marshall, S. W. (2006). Advertising Message Strategies and Executional Devices in Television Commercials from Award-winning “Effective” Campaigns from 1999 to 2004. University of Florida.
- Nam, J. (2008). Perceived quality and motivations on intention-to-use of a general web portal. University of Hawai’i.
- Rettie, R., Robinson, H., Jenner, B. (2003). Does internet advertising alienate users?. Kingston Business School, Kingston University.
- Razzouk, Y., Seitz, V., Newman, E., Kepekci, A. (2015). Value- Based Advertising on the internet:A Literature Review. Cal State University.
- Kale, S. H., De, S., &Kreider, N. (2007). Cultural adaptation on the Web.Review and implications, 4, 10-12.
- Nilsson, P. (2013). Attention to Advertising. Umea school of business ,Umea UniversitySE-90187 Umea,Sweden
- Hawkins, D. I., Best, R. J., & Coney, K. A. (2010). Consumer behavior. Implications for marketing strategy, 5, 15-20.
- Mirahmadi, S., Dadgaran, S. M. (2011). The Impact of Television Advertising on Consumer Consumption-Driven Behavior in the Convincing Stage
- Wells , D,( (2012),”Factor Affecting Attitude Toward Web Advertising “,Hong Kong Bapsit University. April 2006