University of Presov (Slovak Republic)
University of Presov (Slovak Republic)
Technical University of Kosice (Slovak Republic)
The aim of this paper is to present selected offline and online approaches to the issue of customers quality perception, more specifically the methods of its measurements across the markets, both offline and online in the field of health care providers operating in the Central European market. With the utilization of methodology of simplified online reputation analysis aimed specific environment of healthcare providers, represented by the whole file of relevant subjects, all the Slovak university hospitals, significant relationships between factors were examined in order to identify and describe facts affecting online reputation of those entities in the hyper-competitive market environment of the Internet. We consider it necessary to examine the correlation between the determinants of perceived quality. Partial scores of entities from individual rankings were statistically tested in order to determine whether on the chosen significance level there is a statistically significant correlation between scores of entities achieved with various determinants and score achieved through a simplified version of advanced sentiment analysis. Last but not least variables such as the score achieved through the simplified version of advanced sentiment analysis and the absolute number of pages indexed by Google containing a generally used the name of an entity as the keyword were statistically tested. The findings identified by the analysis of the online environment were compared to up to date traditional ratings from the traditional offline world. In conclusion of the presented paper, the results of analysis providing a comprehensive view of the issue of selected approaches to quality perception in the widest and most actual possible range of perspectives. The presented methodology also represents a comprehensive tool for analyzing a quality perception for a wide range of subjects trying to maximize their market advantages, often by using enormous marketing effort, against their competitors.
Keywords: quality, healthcare, hospital, customer, competition, marketing, Slovak.
JEL Classification: I10, I19, M31.
Cite as: Stefko, R., Pollak, F., & Gavurova, B. (2018). Offline and online approaches to quality perception of Slovak university hospitals. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 4, 107-115. https://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2018.4-10
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Balmer, J., & Greyser, S. (2003), Revealing the Corporation: Perspectives on Identity, Image, Reputation, Corporate Branding and Corporate-level Marketing. Oxford: Routledge.
- Dôvera. (2016). Hodnotenie nemocníc podľa pacientov 2016. Retrieved from https://www.dovera.sk/hodnotenie/2016/celkove-hodnotenie. (Slovak)
- Fill, C. (2009). Marketing Communications: Interactivity, Communities and Content. 5th Edition. UK: Pearson Education Ltd.
- Gottschalk, P. (2011). Corporate Social Responsibility, Fovernance and Corporate Reputation. USA: World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.
- Helm, S., et al. (2011). Reputation Management. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
- Ineko. (2016). Hospital of the year 2016. Retrieved from http://nemocnice.ineko.sk/ nemocnica_roka/2016/
- Kaenel, A., Ch., von. (2013). Vertrauen bei Online-Transaktionen – Vertrauenstypen im Online-Entscheidungsfindungsprozess. Dissertation Nr. 4190. Der Universität St.Gallen, Hochschule für Wirtschafts, Rechts und Sozialwissenschaften sowie Internationale Beziehungen (HSG). Retrieved from http://verdi.unisg.ch/www/edis.nsf/SysLkpByIdentifier/4190/$FILE/dis4190.pdf
- Kanika, D. (2016). Prečo je online reputácia dôležitá? Retrieved from http://www.pranswer.com/sk/manazment-povesti-referencie-a-recenzie/preco-je-online-reputacia-dolezita/ (Slovak)
- Leboff, G. (2011). Sticky marketing – Jak zaujmout, získat a udržtet si zákazníky. Prague: Management Press. (Czech)
- Litavcová, E., Bucki, R., Štefko, R. (2015). Consumer’s behaviour in east Slovakia after euro introduction during the crisis. Prague economic papers, (24)3, pp. 332-353.
- Marsden, H. (2013). Guard Your Reputation On-line. Birmingham: Smartebookshop.
- Pollák, F. (2015). On-line reputačný manažment v podmienkach stredoeurópskeho virtuálneho trhu. Prešov: Bookman. (Slovak)
- Pollák, F., & Belovodská, K. (2015). Multifactor analysis of online reputation as a tool for enhancing competitiveness of selected health care providers, In Annual international conference on enterprise marketing and globalization, Global science and technology forum, Singapore, pp. 6-12.
- Pollák, F., et al. (2016). Sustainable E-marketing of Selected Tourism Subjects from the Mediterranean Through Active Online Reputation Management. In Volume 166 of the series Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, Toronto: Springer, pp. 692-703.
- Sasko, J. (2014) Dbáte na hodnotu svojej značky? Retrieved from http://www.podnikajte.sk/manazmentmarketing/c/1392/ category/ marketing/article /online-reputacny-manazment.xhtml (Slovak)
- Štefko, R., Fedorko, R., Bačík, R. (2016). Website content quality in terms of perceived image of higer education institution. Polish Journal of Management Studies, (13)2, pp. 153-163.
- Štefko, R., Fedorko, R., Bačík, R., 2015. The Role of E-marketing Tools in Constructing the Image of a Higher Education Institution. In: Procedia: social & behavioral sciences. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Strategic Innovative Marketing (IC-SIM), Location: Madrid, Spain. Vol. 175, p. 431-438. ISSN 1877-0428.
- Štefko, R., Bačík, R., Fedorko, I., 2014. Facebook Content Analysis of Banks Operating on Slovak Market. In: Polish Journal of Management Studies. Vol. 10(1), p. 145-152. ISSN 2081-7452.
- Štefko, R., Fedorko, I., Bačík, R., et al. 2015. An Analysis of Perceived Topicality of Website Content Influence in Terms of Reputation Management. In: Polish Journal of Management Studies. Vol. 12(1), p. 177-185. ISSN 2081-7452.
- Štefko, R., Jencova, S., Litavcova, E. (2017). Management and funding of the healthcare system. Polish Journal of Management Studies, (16)2, pp. 266-277.
- Štefko, R., Pollak, F. (2016), Multifactor analysis of online reputation as a tool for enhancing competitiveness of selected Slovak towns. European journal of science and theology. (12)5. pp. 195-204.
- VšZP. (2016). prieskum spokojnosti pacientov 2016. Retrieved from https://www.vszp.sk/poskytovatelia/indikatory-kvality/prieskum-spokojnosti-pacientov-2016/. (Slovak)