, Doctor of Economics, Associate Professor, Department of Finance and Credit, Sumy State University, Ukraine
, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Associate Professor of Management Department, Sumy State University, Ukraine
, Ph.D., Assistant Professor at Business School, Lebanese International University, Beirut, Lebanon
In the field of recreational nature management the mechanisms of attraction of investment resources have a particular specificity, which consists in necessity of consideration of objectively existing synergistic rela-tionships between economic, social and environmental components. Recreational nature management based on the use of natural-recreational potential of certain territories foresees a need for state regulation of recrea-tional activity in the regions.
In the article a complex economic assessment of natural-recreational potential of Sumy oblast in Ukraine was carried out, the values of regional recreational rent in districts of Sumy oblast was defined. The character of influ-ence of change of parameters of the objective function of maximization of recreational product on the aggregate magnitude and structure of recreational services is analyzed, in accordance with methodical provisions of applica-tion the optimization instrument of dual assessments at use of natural-recreational potential of the territory: an analysis of the limits of sustainability of prices on recreational services that are included or not included to the baseline plan of recreational development in districts of oblast; analysis of limitations on recreational resources on which is absent or available reserve within the framework of defined territory.
Among the main results of conducted complex assessment of natural-recreational potential of Sumy oblast high-lighted the following: defined the investment attractiveness of districts of the oblast from the perspective of de-velopment in them the recreational activity; determined the volume of investments in development of recreational activity by types of recreational services on districts of oblast; assessed the absolute values and limits of change of local natural-recreational potentials conditioned by the dynamics of prices on recreational services in districts of oblast; determined the limitations of sustainability for constraints on land and labor resources and conditioned by them change in the magnitude of local natural-recreational potential of the territory.
Keywords: secondary resources, two-tier economic model, socio-ecological modification, management, Ukraine.
JEL Classification: C61, E22, I18, L83.
Cite as: Hrytsenko, L., Shevchenko, H., Daher, K. (2017). The economic optimization of investment into the territorial development of recreation. SocioEconomic Challenges, 1(2), 59-79. http://doi.org/10.21272/sec.1(2).59-79.2017.
- Andkjer, S., Arvidsen, J. (2015). Places for active outdoor recreation – a scoping review. Journal of Outdoor Recreation and Tourism, 12, 25-46. doi:10.1016/j.jort.2015.10.001.
- Azar, V.I. (1972). Ekonomika i organizatsiya turizma [Economics and organization of tourism]. Moscow, Ekonomika, 184 p.
- Dehez, J., Lyser, S. (2014). Combining multivariate analysis and cost analysis in outdoor recreation planning. Journal of Outdoor Recreation and Tourism, 7-8, 75-88. doi:10.1016/j.jort.2014.09.002.
- Department of Culture and Tourism of Sumy Regional State Administration (2017). Sumshchina turistichna ta kul’turno-mistets’ka [Sumy – tourist and cultural and artistic]. Retrieved from http://sumytour.in.ua/.
- Ekonomicheskiy potentsial administrativnykh i proizvodstvennykh sistem [The economic potential of administrative and production systems] (2006). ed. Balatsky, O.F. Sumy, PTH “Universitetskaya kniga”, 973 p.
- Department of Statistics in the Sumy Oblast: official site, available at: http://sumy.ukrstat.gov.ua/.
- Hall, H.R., McCarty, C., Clark, M.W. (2014). Regulatory protection and definition for recreational uses of Florida lakes. Lake and Reservoir Management, 30(2), 115-118. doi:org/10.1080/10402381.2014.898349.
- Hrek, N., Yukhnovskyy, І. (2005). Buti chi ne buti seredniomu klasu v Ukraí̈ní [To be or not to be middle class in Ukraine?]. Mirror of the week, 17(54). Retrieved from http://www. dt.ua/img/st_img/2005/544/diag-49961-1696-ukr.jpg.
- Kachanov, V.S., Panasyk, L.V., Shukhov, N.S. (1989). Sotsial’no-ekonomicheskaya effektivnost’ turistsko-rekreatsionnoy deyatel’nosti [Social and economic efficiency of tourist and recreational activities]. Social and economic problems of development of the sphere of tourist and excursion services in the 13th Five-Year Plan: All-Union. conf.: Abstracts. Moscow, VTSPS, Part 1, pp. 49-51.
- Kantorovich, L.V. (1960). Ekonomicheskiy raschet nailuchshego ispol’zovaniya resursov [The economic calculation of the best use of resources]. Moscow, Publ. of the AS of the USSR, 347 p.
- Kantorovich, L.V., Gorstko, A.B. (1968). Matematicheskoye optimal’noye programmirovaniye v ekonomike [Mathematical optimal programming in Economics]. Moscow, Znanie, 96 p.
- Kravtsiv, V.S., Hryniv, L.S., Kopach, M.V., Kuzyk, S.P. (1999). Naukovo-metodichní zasadi reformuvannya rekreatsíynoí sferi [Scientific-methodical foundations of recreational sector reform]. Lviv, NAS of Ukraine, 78 p.
- Kysly, V.M., Shevchenko, H.M. (2008). Yekonomíchne znachennya ta napryamki vikoristannya regíonal’noí rekreatsíynoí̈ renti [The economic importance and uses of regional recreational rent]. Vísnik Sums’kogo derzhavnogo uníversitetu. Seríya Ekonomíka [Bulletin of Sumy State University. Economy Series], 2, 69-79.
- Land Code of Ukraine; Regulation of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, No. 562-XII, 18.12.90. Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/cgi-bin/laws/main.cgi?nreg=561-12.
- Lee, T.H., Jan, F.-H., Huang, G.W. (2015). The influence of recreation experiences on environmentally responsible behavior: the case of Liuqiu Island, Taiwan. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 23(6), 947-967. doi:10.1080/09669582.2015.1024257.
- Li, J., Zhang, W., Xu, H., Jiang, J. (2015). Dynamic competition and cooperation of road infrastructure investment of multiple tourism destinations: a case study of xidi and hongcun world cultural heritage. Discrete Dynamics. Nature and Society, 10. doi:10.1155/2015/962028.
- On Approval of the Strategy for Development of Tourism and Resorts for the Period until 2026 (2008); Order of CMU, 6.08.2008, No. 1088. Official Bulletin of Ukraine, No. 60, Art. 2041.
- On the Resorts: The Law of Ukraine; Regulation of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, No. 2026–III, 05.10.2000. Retrieved from http://www.uapravo.net/data/base48/ukr48822.htm.
- On the Tourism: The Law of Ukraine; Regulation of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, No. 325/95–VR, 15.09.95. Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/cgi-bin/laws/main.cgi?nreg=325%2F95-%E2%F0.
- Panchenko, T.F. (2001). Suchasniy stan, problemi zberezhennya ta perspektivi rozvitku ozdorovchikh í rekreatsíynikh teritoríy Ukraíni [Current status, problems and prospects of preserving health and recreational territories of Ukraine]. Kyiv: State Research and Design Institute of Urban Planning. Retrieved from http://www.eco-mir.com/246/.
- Shevchenko, H.M. (2008). Kompleksna yekonomíchna otsínka prirodno-rekreatsíynogo potentsíalu teritorii. [Comprehensive economic evaluation of natural and recreational potential of the territory]. Kul’tura narodov Prichernomor’ya [Culture of the Peoples of the Black Sea], 135, 151-158.
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine: official site. Retrieved from http://ukrstat.gov.ua/.
- Yakovenko, I.M. (2005). O definitsiyakh teorii rekreatsionnogo prirodopol’zovaniya [About the definitions of the theory of recreational nature management]. Kul’tura narodov Prichernomor’ya [Culture of the Peoples of the Black Sea], 64, 22-27.