M. Habib Zahmani Oussama, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6379-689X
PhD Student, Oran2 Ahmed Benhmed University, Algeria
Mrs Gadi Ibtissem, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9713-0359
Lecturer ‘A’, Oran2 Ahmed Benhmed University, Algeria
Several studies and statistics have indicated that non-hydrocarbon exports in Algeria represent a low rate of around 5% of total exports. This weakness means that the Algerian economy is fragile, which depends on the prices of hydrocarbons (oil, gas) which is unstable on the international market. Several factors are the cause of the situation of Algerian exports which remain difficult to identify. This ambiguity has led us to dig into the field of investigation to get closer to the reality of the reasons that justify this lack of diversity in exports. The main objective of our study is therefore to measure the performance of Algerian economic diplomacy in the promotion of non-hydrocarbon exports. We treated our subject of research by using a methodology with an exploratory design of qualitative order on a sample of Algerian exporting companies which have an experience of more than ten years in the field of exports established in the region of Oran- Algeria. To process the results of our research, we used the method of content analysis of the interviews we conducted with exporters. Our sample has identified important elements in contribution to other previous research on this subject which has dealt with the subject of exports in Algeria but which has not resulted in the role of economic diplomacy in the promotion of exports. the results that we have obtained from our empirical study can be generalized, they reveal a definition of the activity of non-hydrocarbon exports in Algeria and the role of Algerian economic diplomacy in the promotion and supervision of these exports then the shortcomings of economic diplomacy in the field of exports at the end of the results we recommended measures that must be implemented to have an effective economic diplomacy that can contribute to increasing and promoting diversified exports.
Keywords: foreign trade, export, economic diplomacy, international market, international management.
JEL Classification: M16, M48, N17, O55.
Cite as: Oussama, M.H.Z., and Ibtissem, G. (2022). The role of economic diplomacy in the promotion of non-hydrocarbon exports in Algeria. SocioEconomic Challenges, 6(4), 97-105. https://doi.org/10.21272/sec.6(4).97-105.2022
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Aktouf, O. (1987). Méthodologie des sciences sociales et approches qualitatives des organisations : Une introduction à la démarche classique et une critique. Québec: Les presses de l’Université du Québec. [Methodology of social sciences and qualitative approaches of organizations: An introduction to the classic approach and critique. Québec: Les presses de l’Université du Québec]. [Link].
- Belgot, F., & Ouali, M. (2021). Modèle économétrique de l’effet de la fiscalité pétrolière sur le taux de change. Revue Finances & Marchès [Econometric model of the effect of oil taxation on the exchange rate. Finances & Markets Review], 226-245. [Link].
- Bouadla, S., & Bentayeb, H. K. (2021). The Capabilities and Challenges of Logistic and its Role in The International Trade Exchange. Revue Finances et Marchès [Finances & Markets Review], 246-265. [Link].
- Djelti, N. (2021). l’effet de la politique monétaire sur la balance des payements Algérienne. Revue Finances & Marchés [The effect of monetary policy on the Algerian balance of payments. Finance & Markets Review], 313-332. [Link].
- Frisch, F. (1999). Les études qualitatives. Paris: Edition d’organisation [Qualitative studies. Paris: Organization edition]. [Link].
- Gauthy-Sinechal, M. (2005). Etudes de marché: Méthodes et outils. BERTI Editions. [Link].
- Gheddache, L. (2022). Les conditions d’efficacité du redressement des PME défaillantes par la Banque [Conditions for effective recovery of defaulting SMEs by the Bank]. Finances & Markets review, 158-172. [Link].
- Kateb, M. L., & Ouddane, B. (2019). Les Exportations Hors Hydrocarbures issues de la filière phoenicicole en Algérie. review Finances & Marchés [Non-hydrocarbon exports from the date palm sector in Algeria. Finances & Markets review], 68-85. [Link].
- Kerzabi, D. (2020). L’effet du financement non conventionnel sur l’inflation en Algérie [The effect of unconventional financing on inflation in Algeria]. Finance and Markets review, 44-59. [Link].
- Mahcine, H., & Cherchem, M. (2019). Le développement durable et l’innovation marketing dans les services bancaires (le cas des banques algériennes) [Sustainable development and marketing innovation in banking services (the case of Algerian banks)]. Finance and Markets review, 47-68. [Link].
- Mimouni, N., & Bentalbi, F. (2020). Strandard Modeling of The effect of exchange ratechanges on the algerian trande. Finance and Markets review, 398-417. [Link].
- Ouldbenzaza, Z. (2022). The impact of oil price fluctuations on the balance of payments of Arab host countries for foreign direct investment. Finance and Markets review, 475-493. [Link].
- Pellemans (1999). Recherche quantitative en marketing [Quantitative Marketing Research]. Bruxelles: Boech & Larcier. [Link].
- Semouk, N. (2017). L’algérie Face aux défis de l’organisation mondiale du commerce [Algeria Faced with the challenges of the World Trade Organization]. Almiyar, 408-419. [Link].
- Talahite, F. (2016). Désindustrialisation et industrialisation en l’Algérie, le rocher de Sisyphe. L’Esprit du temps, [The effect of monetary policy on the Algerian balance of payments. Finance & Markets Review], 130-151. [Link].